Votes: 43 33.1%
  • David's apology was bad

Votes: 52 40.0%
  • I'm on the fence and need more pictures of Lisa's boobs for... research

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 9 6.9%

• Total voters
Either way she is a massive hypocrite. She runs a strip club but is acting like she is against the sexual vilification of a women?

This is an interesting point and one I've thought about a bit. The main thing that irks me about Lisa is I think she should understand not to be so judgmental considering she has to know strippers, and in all likelihood probably knows sex workers too. It's an industry in which knowing people opens your eyes up a bit more, so surely she should have some perspective, yet she's the most judgmental person in the house from what I can tell thus far.

People within that industry say they own what they do, and they're making use of their bodies which empowers them. I understand that, even if I don't think the situation is that simple because men attending strip clubs don't see it so simply. What I don't understand is that Lisa, again, seems to have no thoughts relating to this. Like you said, she has to be far more aware about how sexualised women are. Is it an unfortunate part of society? I think so, but she should understand it.

Ugh yes I can't believe Dion. He doesn't have as much of a backbone as I'd thought - he said initially he hated dishonesty and that it was the one thing he would never do, and here he is trying to curry up some favour on both sides.

As for Dave, it's good he at least tried to apologise but he seemed a little silly trying to twist what he'd said; maybe he wasn't aware Lisa heard it herself, and not through word of mouth.

Yeah, that was the thing about it that was probably the worst for Dave. It certainly didn't seem genuine when he did that.

ACTUALLY, the most annoying bit in this whole thing is that Dave kept saying midrift. You work in the medicine field, man! It's a midriff!

I'm not getting why Travis isn't getting any flak - he said Lisa tits where a bit saggy. David said they where low.
If David is supposedly in the wrong then so is Travis.
Lisa didn't hear him probably.

Because someone said "Cat's breasts are better than Lisa's" and Sam goes "I agree".

He technically should cop flak too.

But most likely, Lisa is just using this as a reason to stay pissed at David, maybe she never liked him in the first place?

The bonus to watching reality TV is that it’s real. These people aren’t actors and they aren’t responding to a script.

I agree that David’s apology wasn’t perfect but when was the last time you tried to say sorry for something that was uncomfortable and you managed to have it come across word perfect?

When David called Lisa over to make the apology he was still in the dark as to what he was actually apologising for. Yes he would have been able to make an educated assessment that it had something to do with the conversation she overheard in the bedroom but all he really knew was that she was upset and that was the main focus for his apology.
He would have seemed like an even bigger jerk had he not apologised at all.

Whatever you think about how David came across in that scene or how it may have looked I can guarantee you it was nothing short of sincere and heartfelt.

I have no doubt that David would have been concerned as to how he was coming across and how this might be ‘making him look’ (that’s human nature) but that would not have been the motivation behind his apology.

It’s not David’s intention to get people offside or hurt them. He doesn’t enjoy seeing people being upset.

And for what it’s worth, Lisa is completely in her right to be upset over something like this but I think she’s made it very clear that she wasn’t a fan of David and this has provided her a very convenient platform to hate on him officially. If she was being consistent in her ‘I don’t want to be sexualized’ ‘and ‘You need to be respectful’ statements she needs to call the other boys out for it.

It’s my hope that they can both move on from this and this doesn’t become the ‘easy’ nomination vote for everyone.

The bonus to watching reality TV is that it’s real. These people aren’t actors and they aren’t responding to a script.

I agree that David’s apology wasn’t perfect but when was the last time you tried to say sorry for something that was uncomfortable and you managed to have it come across word perfect?

When David called Lisa over to make the apology he was still in the dark as to what he was actually apologising for. Yes he would have been able to make an educated assessment that it had something to do with the conversation she overheard in the bedroom but all he really knew was that she was upset and that was the main focus for his apology.
He would have seemed like an even bigger jerk had he not apologised at all.

Whatever you think about how David came across in that scene or how it may have looked I can guarantee you it was nothing short of sincere and heartfelt.

I have no doubt that David would have been concerned as to how he was coming across and how this might be ‘making him look’ (that’s human nature) but that would not have been the motivation behind his apology.

It’s not David’s intention to get people offside or hurt them. He doesn’t enjoy seeing people being upset.

And for what it’s worth, Lisa is completely in her right to be upset over something like this but I think she’s made it very clear that she wasn’t a fan of David and this has provided her a very convenient platform to hate on him officially. If she was being consistent in her ‘I don’t want to be sexualized’ ‘and ‘You need to be respectful’ statements she needs to call the other boys out for it.

It’s my hope that they can both move on from this and this doesn’t become the ‘easy’ nomination vote for everyone.
What's really under that beard?

@Tahan - Pryia called it on night one - 'a bad jawline'! He's inherited the family double chin!

There is a David to Win page on facebook where we're sharing some photos of the man under the beard. Head on over for what we all hope will be a sneak preview when Big Brother FINALLY asks him to get rid of it! :)

he is much more attractive with it clipped way back, his eyes and teeth shine, it is too overwhelming the way it is now, tell him when he is evicted :D

@Tahan - Pryia called it on night one - 'a bad jawline'! He's inherited the family double chin!

There is a David to Win page on facebook where we're sharing some photos of the man under the beard. Head on over for what we all hope will be a sneak preview when Big Brother FINALLY asks him to get rid of it! :)
I just checked it out and he looks so much better without the beard.

So when you say "Big Brother FINALLY asks him to get rid of it!" are you just assuming that BB will have some task in the future where David will have to cut/shave it off. Or did BB tell David to grow a hipster beard for the show?

Ok checked the pics out - YUM
No double chin or bad jawline hiding under that big bushy beard. Big beards and moes seem to be the fashion at the moment. He a pretty good looking guy beard or no beard.

I just checked it out and he looks so much better without the beard.

So when you say "Big Brother FINALLY asks him to get rid of it!" are you just assuming that BB will have some task in the future where David will have to cut/shave it off. Or did BB tell David to grow a hipster beard for the show?
@Inigo Montoya - total speculation on my part and secretly hoping BB is reading and sees the request.
The growing of the beard was all David and pre the BB journey.

@Inigo Montoya - total speculation on my part and secretly hoping BB is reading and sees the request.
The growing of the beard was all David and pre the BB journey.
Do you think he might just get rid of it himself with out BB asking?

Also I was wondering if David is a big BB fan or just more of a casual viewer? Has he watched any international versions? Does he have a game plan?

BB needs to give David a challenge real soon to shave or at least trim the beard lol he is good looking guy but the beard makes him look a little creepy because of the style:)

:) tell him the fans DEMAND it ;) i don't know how you can watch family on there I'd be a wreck!!

@mutleyp - I'd be happy for one of the Housemates to hold him down in his sleep and shave it off!
Someone's success on the show shouldn't come down to a physical attribute like a beard but it seems to be one of the things that's not helping his cause. I'd like to see it gone if I thought it will help Australia to fall a little more in love with him.
Watching family on TV is not something I would recommend - especially when you know them to be a good person but everything you're seeing suggests otherwise. I'm really hopeful things turnaround for him.

The whole thing is a 'storm' in a tea cup (bahahahaha)

If David had of said her tits were fabulous, they are fantastic, Lisa would have walked away all pleased and happy. Her whole opinion would be different. However, she heard unflattering comments, there fore David is a pig/badperson whose eyes are too close together. She says she 'doesnt care' when she actually does. She has such double standards. "It's okay for me to be objectified as a woman or by my boobs ONLY if you say NICE things about me/them".. but I reserve the right to say your eyes are too close together and you are a douche bag if you say bad/not so nice stuff about me, and hide behind my 'strong woman' persona.

Is Lisa for real? Does she not realise men/boys WILL and always will talk about a womans boobs, or legs, or arse, or if they are fat/skinny etc? And guess what, women do it too!! I'm sure she and many of them have commented on say Dion's 6 pack or Travis' chest/arms. Its the same bloody thing.

Ugh, some women just give me the shits. Get over it, its life, people will always say and do shit you dont wanna hear or dont like. Stop making a big deal out of it.

I'm not getting why Travis isn't getting any flak - he said Lisa tits where a bit saggy. David said they where low.
If David is supposedly in the wrong then so is Travis.
I think it's because she wasn't upset so much as to what David said but more that he told her in the pool he wasn't just saying what he said because she was there but then in front of the boys, he all but admitted he lied to her and he did say it because she was there. She seemed more upset that he lied to her in the pool and then in front of the boys treated the lie like a condescending little pat on the head for her.

@mutleyp - I'd be happy for one of the Housemates to hold him down in his sleep and shave it off!
Someone's success on the show shouldn't come down to a physical attribute like a beard but it seems to be one of the things that's not helping his cause. I'd like to see it gone if I thought it will help Australia to fall a little more in love with him.
Watching family on TV is not something I would recommend - especially when you know them to be a good person but everything you're seeing suggests otherwise. I'm really hopeful things turnaround for him.

I don't think he is a bad person, and I think most of the posters here see that it was an issue that was blown out of proportion, and that it was actually Travis who said the offending comment, not sure about the FB crowd though, I hope we get to see more of the real David in the coming days :)

Do you think he might just get rid of it himself with out BB asking?

Also I was wondering if David is a big BB fan or just more of a casual viewer? Has he watched any international versions? Does he have a game plan?
@Inigo Montoya - honestly couldn't say. I think he's more likely to see what BB will ask him to do but I don't know.
David has definitely watched previous seasons of BB (both the original channel 10 and the revised channel 9) but he's not a fan to the point where he'd blogs about it or attends live evictions. He's the kind of fan that would have a favourite and back it on sportsbet.
He did live in the UK so may have watched it when he was over there but again, not that big of a fan where he would have downloaded episodes and watched online.
Yeah, there was a game plan and while I don't have the inner workings of it I'm pretty sure it didn't involved getting voted out over boobs!
He's a likeable guy and on the outside gets along with everyone - even when they are difficult, uncompromising people so I think his game plan was to work with that and be himself. Simples!

BB needs to give David a challenge real soon to shave or at least trim the beard lol he is good looking guy but the beard makes him look a little creepy because of the style:)

I agree @Veronica2005. David is the kind of person that won't succumb to peer pressure though so if he thinks everyone wants him to get rid of it and he doesn't want to get rid of it, he won't.
Having said that, I don't think he's that attached to it so I'm hoping beyond hope it comes up as a challenge sooner rather than later!

Back