Skip to main content

Today I ........

…the weirdest thing happened to me last night… our bedroom ceiling fan is usually on the ‘medium’ setting because on ‘high’ speed it must be unbalanced and makes a “donk!… donk!… donk!” sound when it rotates (probably why it’s always on medium I guess?)… from my bed I can see the big Salt lamp that puts a nice Orange glow throughout the loungeroom and our bedroom… anyway… I was fast asleep (it would take a Nuclear bomb going off to wake me up usually)… well… at EXACTLY 7 minutes past 3 this morning the donk!… donk!… donk!… sound woke me up… usually it doesn’t but this time it did…

…when I woke up my eyes focused on said Salt lamp and… I actually saw the globe on the lamp go off!… it was as if the ceiling fan woke me just to witness the globe dying!… and… when it went off… I actually heard in the darkness of night a distinct “blink” sound like they make in movies lol!… this is the second time in my life I’ve been looking directly at a Salt lamp when a globe has gone off… but I didn’t need a ceiling fan to wake me up to witness it that time lol!…

…this time it was just………weird!… it was as if the ceiling fan was going “wake up!… wake up!… the Salt lamp is about to die!”… just weird that’s all lol!… cheers.

View attachment 59538

I think the wet season has returned again, it has been raining for 3 days straight now.

I love the rain & I love extreme weather, but I do have quite a lot of jobs to do around my property & I hate working in the rain. I just can't do it, I can't stand being wet & working outdoors in wet clothing...

So I have been doing indoor jobs. One task I have been doing is building a blackjack table. I have almost finished.. Maybe a few more days.
As you can see I used to wood stain for my floor to stain the wood for the table :biggrin: I had a few litres left over...

View attachment 59539

…when is ‘gambling night’ at your place my friend?… (after the rain stops of course… if it ever does that is)… we’ll supply the food and drinks of course lol!… cheers.

Today I...
Say goodbye to living in the childhood home for the last time, as I'm moving into my first home tomorrow.
Have lived here for the last year or so after separating from my live-in ex.

OOoohhh that does sound like a whole lot of feels!! Glad to hear you're detangling from the ex (especially if you were both co-habitating post break up). Sads about leaving your childhood home, but freakin WOO-HOO!! on moving into your first new home!!!!!!

Hope the moving gods are with you (packing & unpacking sucks soooo much) but it'll be worth it.

Here's to you :)
OGC.458bf238b217b8a3f456913948d02c0d

The snow you’re talking about isn’t more than a light dusting and isn’t accompanied by these temperatures either…

View attachment 59542

Wot O_O That's waaaaay to cold for me! I'm like @Thing i need my blanky for anything under 20 normal degrees, not the negative kind! *secretly wishing i had a fireplace*

Do they have it all sorted over there tho? As in homes are easy to heat/keep warm?

View attachment 59538

I think the wet season has returned again, it has been raining for 3 days straight now.

I love the rain & I love extreme weather, but I do have quite a lot of jobs to do around my property & I hate working in the rain. I just can't do it, I can't stand being wet & working outdoors in wet clothing...

So I have been doing indoor jobs. One task I have been doing is building a blackjack table. I have almost finished.. Maybe a few more days.
As you can see I used to wood stain for my floor to stain the wood for the table :biggrin: I had a few litres left over...

View attachment 59539
OOohh nice! your table is looking mint! Hope the rain has settled down.

Wot O_O That's waaaaay to cold for me! I'm like @Thing i need my blanky for anything under 20 normal degrees, not the negative kind! *secretly wishing i had a fireplace*

Do they have it all sorted over there tho? As in homes are easy to heat/keep warm?
100% houses are all built with central heating and insulation. Although in the summer it comes back to bite us when things get up in to the high 20’s/30’s. We definitely need to start making air con standard.

So I've fed my plants some cowshit and I hope that helps.

Had some unexpected results from this. The plants are growing new leaves which are nice and green but still much more pale than they should be. But the hilarious part is that magic mushrooms started growing from the cow manure. They are divine. o_O:cool:

I finished off my fence today...

a.jpg
And now I have to buy 100 seedlings from the local council nursery to plant so I can create a hedge. This wire fence is really just to keep cars etc from driving over my plants whilst they grow.

Had some unexpected results from this. The plants are growing new leaves which are nice and green but still much more pale than they should be. But the hilarious part is that magic mushrooms started growing from the cow manure. They are divine. o_O:cool:
I put a trailer load of cow manure in a compost heap last year which has been fermenting nicely over the last 12 months... I shall put a few scoops of that soil around the seedlings when I plant them to give them a kick starter... Plants love poo :biggrin:

Back