Skip to main content

Today I ........

Well they wont let me have it without paying first. So irrelevant if I can unlock the screen. And its all packaged up.
I’ll try the receipt argument. Sigh.
Wish me luck!
Otherwise return to sender and I’ll pick it up next time I visit I guess….? I just don’t want to pay for it twice. That just seems … ‘wrong’.

So I've fed my plants some cowshit and I hope that helps. Here's what the should look like, Vs what they actually look like. They're rootbound and undernourished, and despite supposedly liking full sun, I think they're getting too much of a good thing. I've ordered a bigger shade cloth as well.

Untitled-4.jpg

They've sprouted two new flowers though, so that's something. Here's one:

Untitled-4.jpg

Well they wont let me have it without paying first. So irrelevant if I can unlock the screen. And its all packaged up.
I’ll try the receipt argument. Sigh.
Wish me luck!
Otherwise return to sender and I’ll pick it up next time I visit I guess….? I just don’t want to pay for it twice. That just seems … ‘wrong’.
That's disgraceful! How can they get away with that!!!!

That's disgraceful! How can they get away with that!!!!
I’ve requested the customs assessment form so I can contact whoever did the assessment and explain. Hopefully.

Apparently you need to write ‘return of personal item’ or something on the customs form.

I wonder if it will be returned to sender before I get the customs assessment form… Sigh.

Today I heard the worst news.
I don't know who saw on the news this morning that a 17 year old boy fell off the cliff at Coogee Beach and died? Well it was my friend from the Blue Mountains nephew. Devastating news.
They also lost her husbands nephew before Christmas when he slammed his motorbike into a tree to kill himself. Two young people to dIe too young and tragically 😥😥

Today I heard the worst news.
I don't know who saw on the news this morning that a 17 year old boy fell off the cliff at Coogee Beach and died? Well it was my friend from the Blue Mountains nephew. Devastating news.
They also lost her husbands nephew before Christmas when he slammed his motorbike into a tree to kill himself. Two young people to dIe too young and tragically 😥😥
Oh I’m sorry February.

Today I am living in a very wet Auckland. I live in the hills so have not been where all the major flooding was, but i am living where a lot of the hillside giving away damage is. There are quite a lot of slips on the road around where i live. The neighbours back yard is now on the road/walking track below the road we live on. The road we are on is closed in both directions. There is only 1 road open to get off the hill at present. We had no water the other day, but we were lucky it was only for a day, some had none for 3 or 4 days as the water pipe feeding this area was smashed. We has no power last night. But I am feeling for all those that have lost their homes, businesses etc right now.

Today I am living in a very wet Auckland. I live in the hills so have not been where all the major flooding was, but i am living where a lot of the hillside giving away damage is. There are quite a lot of slips on the road around where i live. The neighbours back yard is now on the road/walking track below the road we live on. The road we are on is closed in both directions. There is only 1 road open to get off the hill at present. We had no water the other day, but we were lucky it was only for a day, some had none for 3 or 4 days as the water pipe feeding this area was smashed. We has no power last night. But I am feeling for all those that have lost their homes, businesses etc right now.

Did you move from South Australia Isee?

Stay safe in Auckland! The floods look terrifying!

Yes moved to nz at the end of November. It has rained most days since. Very strange summer! Thanks we are trying to stay as safe as possible.
We've had the strangest summer here, too Isee. It seems to be strange everywhere. I think Mother Nature is trying to tell us something.
Stay safe.

What a pain in the arse day I had...
I woke up early so I could ready for the 7.45am exit from the mountain top, as we can only use the 1 road 5 times during a 24 hour period to leave and come back..

Anyway I drove 1 hour to get 2 parts for my tractor from John Deere.. I got the wrong serial number, I took a photo of the engine serial number instead of the tractor one :bang: & of course there were 2 parts for this thing I wanted but each differed according to what your serial number for that model was.. That part was $6 cheaper than anywhere online I could find.... Which surprised me cause usually these joints rip you sideways for spare parts --- and well they did try, the 2nd part I wanted was $25 online & a whopping $150 at JD. 🤯

So I came home empty handed, well from that place anyway, I got some other shit I needed - screamed back to the road block and made it by 4 mins, otherwise you have to wait 3 hours for the next window to drive back up the mountain...

Last edited:
What a pain in the arse day I had...
I woke up early so I could ready for the 7.45am exit from the mountain top, as we can only use the 1 road 5 times during a 24 hour period to leave and come back..

Anyway I drove 1 hour to get 2 parts for my tractor from John Deere.. I got the wrong serial number, I took a photo of the engine serial number instead of the tractor one :bang: & of course there were 2 parts for this thing I wanted but each differed according to what your serial number for that model was.. That part was $6 cheaper than anywhere online I could find.... Which surprised me cause usually these joints rip you sideways for spare parts --- and well they did try, the 2nd part I wanted was $25 online & a whopping $150 at JD. 🤯

So I came home empty handed, well from that place anyway, I got some other shit I needed - screamed back to the road block and made it by 4 mins, otherwise you have to wait 3 hours for the next window to drive back up the mountain...
What a nightmare! I hope you can settle down for the evening with a glass of something nice in your hand and relax. 🥂🍻

Hope things get to normal again soon.

This gave me a laugh though:

Screenshot from 2023-02-01 17-26-25.png

Hope things get to normal again soon.

This gave me a laugh though:

View attachment 59482
I had friends determined to see Elton John last Friday night during the torrential rain and got all the way to the stadium and their seats before the show was cancelled because the stage was flooded. They then spent hours trying to get home through flooded roads. They were holding onto tickets from 2019 when he cancelled due to pneumonia, then covid hit. I don't think he was ever destined to play those shows.

I had friends determined to see Elton John last Friday night during the torrential rain and got all the way to the stadium and their seats before the show was cancelled because the stage was flooded. They then spent hours trying to get home through flooded roads. They were holding onto tickets from 2019 when he cancelled due to pneumonia, then covid hit. I don't think he was ever destined to play those shows.

Oh, I didn't realise this was a second attempt at Elton John. Definitely jinxed. Oh dear.

Well today I found out that a former coworker/friend I'd lost contact with passed away from COVID in 2020. We weren't super close and it has been years since we last spoke but just thinking about him over the last few hours I wish we had stayed in touch. He was one of a few IRL friends that I had that was also a BBUK fan. He's the reason I ended up going back to school/moving to Calgary and to think how different my life would be if he hadn't encouraged him to take that plunge.

Back