Skip to main content

Today I ........

Today I am belatedly wishing everyone a lovely festive season.
Sorry to be absent/late - I do count this forum among friends/people I ‘know’ even though I have got to know you all through a keyboard and screen.
But still. I like being part of this quirky little community.
So I hope everyone is well and enjoying some time out.

…I sure do hope that everyone ho ho ho’ed their hearts out on Christmas day (although I don’t drink much alcohol these days I still ho ho’ed a couple of times lol!)… if you didn’t… I’m sure that you can make up for it on New Years Day lol!… please stay safe my friends… cheers. 🥰😍🥳❤️👀😇🙂

Our Christmas Day was marred by the fact our direct neighbour, (we live in Townhouses and have just the one neighbour beside us, the rest are down the back behind us) , bought their young boys a basketball hoop. Something we've always dreaded. Bounce, bounce, bounce, bounce, bounce. It really was irritating.
Only good thing was, one of the boys is a little "crazy" and began throwing things other than the ball through it, and on Boxing Day it was confiscated and stored in the garages where, hopefully, it will stay for a while.
I don't think either of their kids have attention spans to play for longer than 15 minute periods, so in the future, when it's not a new novelty, it mightn't be as bad as we are anticipating.

Today I did some more gardening. Planted birds of paradise all along my east-facing wall with the banana palms. So all three walls of my concrete jungle should be lush and lovely sometime in the future. Will post some pics tomorrow. Realised if I need fertiliser I can collect cowpats from the grazing cows around the place.

Saw this handsome buffalo the other day. He/she has the cutest ears. Happy new year!

Untitled-4.jpg

Happy 2023 all.

Here are the results of my gardening endeavours:

Tropical mix in the north facing bed which doesn't get any sun (so far, that might change in summer but I hope not because these guys like the shade):

1.jpg

This is the west facing wall. The bird of paradise plants are intended to shade the wall and stop if getting so hot and radiating heat in the yard. They're looking a bit pale, and I think it's because they actually get too much sun, but also those pots don't have any drainage holes so they are sitting in water (will get on to that):

2.jpg

The east facing wall is the latest project. I bought two more pots of the BOPs and divided them up into 30 to plant all the way along between the banana palms, where they sold hopefully spread to fill up the whole bed. Also planted a pink frangipani in there, which has some rust on its leaves, but I hope I can cure that before it gets much bigger:

3.jpg

This is what the flowers on the BOPs will look like, pretty orange/yellow ones:

4.jpg

Hopefully in six months or so it will all settle in and start to get nice and lush. I think I didn't do too bad for US$200.

…today my sweet darling wife and myself went to the river near where we live early this morning… (Swansea NSW)… as we were going along the riverbank a butterfly landed on my hand that was controlling my wheelchair… as it happened I fully expected for the heavens to open up / a rainbow to appear / angels start to sing “on the day that you were born the angels got together and create a dream come true” in the background and a Unicorn to gallop past… but none of that happened… so I just enjoyed the butterfly on me for a brief few seconds instead… anyway… it was nice while it lasted lol!… (maybe I’ll win the lottery on something?)… lol!… cheers.

…today my sweet darling wife and myself went to the river near where we live early this morning… (Swansea NSW)… as we were going along the riverbank a butterfly landed on my hand that was controlling my wheelchair… as it happened I fully expected for the heavens to open up / a rainbow to appear / angels start to sing “on the day that you were born the angels got together and create a dream come true” in the background and a Unicorn to gallop past… but none of that happened… so I just enjoyed the butterfly on me for a brief few seconds instead… anyway… it was nice while it lasted lol!… (maybe I’ll win the lottery on something?)… lol!… cheers.
I hope it's a good omen for you Sticky! All the best for 2023.

OGC.c0e56c5d4c591e858438ef37c9bdeea3

Today i..... remembered my password for here!!! squeeeeeeee!!!!

2022 was so insane & I hope 2023 will be completely different. I live close to Lismore and the Feb flood really was hectic with the March one freaking us all out again. Crazy times do bring people together & there really is a sense of closeness. For the longest time after, every conversation was "how'd you go, you OK?" and hugs are now given out freely 🥰 The good this is tho, now we know. I live near the river in a diff town & now our street knows where the water goes first & who will be hit first *plus* the actual SES don't give a fuck, so don't even bother. I hope a change does happen for natural disasters & the key organisations have all the funding & staffing they need.

How are all you peeps? Anyone one already broken their new years resolutions? I have :oops: I pinky promised myself to get back into yoga, nothing too exciting, just more morning stretching etc etc, and i did 2 days LOL teeheehee I'll try to not hit the snooze button tomoz & just.do.it :angelic:

Today i..... remembered my password for here!!! squeeeeeeee!!!!

2022 was so insane & I hope 2023 will be completely different. I live close to Lismore and the Feb flood really was hectic with the March one freaking us all out again. Crazy times do bring people together & there really is a sense of closeness. For the longest time after, every conversation was "how'd you go, you OK?" and hugs are now given out freely 🥰 The good this is tho, now we know. I live near the river in a diff town & now our street knows where the water goes first & who will be hit first *plus* the actual SES don't give a fuck, so don't even bother. I hope a change does happen for natural disasters & the key organisations have all the funding & staffing they need.

How are all you peeps? Anyone one already broken their new years resolutions? I have :oops: I pinky promised myself to get back into yoga, nothing too exciting, just more morning stretching etc etc, and i did 2 days LOL teeheehee I'll try to not hit the snooze button tomoz & just.do.it :angelic:

…yay!… welcome back el’ coopo!… long time no hear!… no need to worry… we’re all still as completely insane as we always were when you left so you should fit right back into the groove in no time lol!… the only difference since the last time you were here is that we’ve all gotten a little bit older lol!… we’re all still completely bonkers… mad… nuts… dill alley… we’re still the lunatics that we always were… 😜🤪😝😬… in fact…🎵 🎶 they’re coming to take us away hoho hehe haha back to the funny farm where we all stay and play and play… they’re coming to take us away ha haaaaaaaaa! 🎶 🎵… (again… welcome back my friend)… cheers. 👍😍🥰😘🤪😜😝🙂

…yay!… welcome back el’ coopo!… long time no hear!… no need to worry… we’re all still as completely insane as we always were when you left so you should fit right back into the groove in no time lol!… the only difference since the last time you were here is that we’ve all gotten a little bit older lol!… we’re all still completely bonkers… mad… nuts… dill alley… we’re still the lunatics that we always were… 😜🤪😝😬… in fact…🎵 🎶 they’re coming to take us away hoho hehe haha back to the funny farm where we all stay and play and play… they’re coming to take us away ha haaaaaaaaa! 🎶 🎵… (again… welcome back my friend)… cheers. 👍😍🥰😘🤪😜😝🙂
Have you been drinking Mr. Sticky 🤔😂🤡🍻🥂

your post is giving me these feels rn

giphy.gif

It truly is nice to come back on and see familiar names/avatars again. I loved loved loved reading about the butterfly landing on your hand and yup, where were them damn unicorns when that happened LOL.

P.S. for those playing along at home, i hit the snooze button twice, so no dice on the yoga :rolleyes: why'd i make such a resolution:bang:

Happy 2023 all.

Here are the results of my gardening endeavours:

Tropical mix in the north facing bed which doesn't get any sun (so far, that might change in summer but I hope not because these guys like the shade):

View attachment 59431

This is the west facing wall. The bird of paradise plants are intended to shade the wall and stop if getting so hot and radiating heat in the yard. They're looking a bit pale, and I think it's because they actually get too much sun, but also those pots don't have any drainage holes so they are sitting in water (will get on to that):

View attachment 59432

The east facing wall is the latest project. I bought two more pots of the BOPs and divided them up into 30 to plant all the way along between the banana palms, where they sold hopefully spread to fill up the whole bed. Also planted a pink frangipani in there, which has some rust on its leaves, but I hope I can cure that before it gets much bigger:

View attachment 59433

This is what the flowers on the BOPs will look like, pretty orange/yellow ones:

View attachment 59434

Hopefully in six months or so it will all settle in and start to get nice and lush. I think I didn't do too bad for US$200.

…Timmy my good friend… I’ve just studied what you have done a bit more in depth… I have to say… that’s really impressive what you’ve done!… my hat comes off to you… all of those plants mingle so well together… as an avid gardener myself… consider me as being totally impressed!… well done you!… (and… all of that for under US$200!… what a score)… cheers.

your post is giving me these feels rn

It truly is nice to come back on and see familiar names/avatars again. I loved loved loved reading about the butterfly landing on your hand and yup, where were them damn unicorns when that happened LOL.

P.S. for those playing along at home, i hit the snooze button twice, so no dice on the yoga :rolleyes: why'd i make such a resolution:bang:

…hahaha!… my New Years resolution this year el’coopo is basically the same as the last 3 years… to be here the same time next year and not have anymore major strokes lol!… that'll do me!… lol!… cheers.😉😇🙂

…Timmy my good friend… I’ve just studied what you have done a bit more in depth… I have to say… that’s really impressive what you’ve done!… my hat comes off to you… all of those plants mingle so well together… as an avid gardener myself… consider me as being totally impressed!… well done you!… (and… all of that for under US$200!… what a score)… cheers.

Thanks Sticky! This house was such a good deal I had to overlook the shortcoming of the yard. It's such a shame they concreted so much of it in. I'm really enjoying gardening and also learning a bit on the way (i.e. which plants prefer not to be watered. Turns out that's why my bougainvillea in PP never turned pink, it was on a watering timer twice a day). I would love a big frangipani, because they're so pretty and give that 'tropical resort' feel. I pinched a branch of a bright pink one when I went to collect Ruby from Phnom Penh, and it's now growing in a pot (well, with no leaves for the time being, but it is winter here). The one I planted in the garden is bigger, but I'm thinking about getting a much bigger one and planting it in the biggest pot I can find. I'm too impatient to wait. 🤣

Back