Skip to main content

Today I ........

Nice update, Timmy. Although I was almost hoping you were going to announce the bf and daughter had come home with you, too! But I guess that's a big ask and a lot more responsibility.

Tina Titswobble 😂

Nice update, Timmy. Although I was almost hoping you were going to announce the bf and daughter had come home with you, too! But I guess that's a big ask and a lot more responsibility.

Tina Titswobble 😂
Ooooh, I'm not ready for that much responsibility. I do feel bad about breaking up the family though. Ruby will have a less stressful life here, and that will mean less pressure on her remaining front leg. She followed me when I rode my bike to get brekkie. Made it right to the intersection too, before seeing a friendly-looking black boy with his tail up - but she's just not ready to engage. She turned around with her tail down and headed back towards the house. I really want her to make some friends. But still early days I guess.

Ooooh, I'm not ready for that much responsibility. I do feel bad about breaking up the family though. Ruby will have a less stressful life here, and that will mean less pressure on her remaining front leg. She followed me when I rode my bike to get brekkie. Made it right to the intersection too, before seeing a friendly-looking black boy with his tail up - but she's just not ready to engage. She turned around with her tail down and headed back towards the house. I really want her to make some friends. But still early days I guess.
Beautiful, to have saved one is great. You'll be life long companions ❤️

We've had loads of millipedes coming in due to all the rain. That's all I can save right now. They are seriously cute up close and sitting on your hand. I wouldn't have held them at first. I used to get a piece of paper for them to crawl on to then put them out, but one day I didn't have a piece on hand, so just picked it up. I now love the feel of it crawling in my hand before popping them back outside again.

We've had loads of millipedes coming in due to all the rain. That's all I can save right now. They are seriously cute up close and sitting on your hand.

Are they like this one? I find them outside around the house every so often. This one curled up because it's scared or unwell, but looks so beautiful like that, like a koru. If I find them on the concrete I put them under my mango tree where I put all my dead leaves as mulch because Google told me that's what they eat.

viber_image_2022-10-31_18-56-53.jpg

Are they like this one? I find them outside around the house every so often. This one curled up because it's scared or unwell, but looks so beautiful like that, like a koru. If I find them on the concrete I put them under my mango tree where I put all my dead leaves as mulch because Google told me that's what they eat.

View attachment 59368
Yes, but they're not curled up. Some curl up when I pick them up, mostly they just walk across my hand, and hang on when I want to put them down in the garden. So cute, and all those little legs and feet, when I'm an arachnophobe and hate anything with eight legs!

…learnt that to traipse doesn’t mean to move around lightly and freely, it means to move about slowly and wearily.
Oh yeah, as in "I had to traipse all around town to find X because everyone had sold out". Nobody wants to traipse.

Today I went with my friend to the hospital in Bodrum to get her a rabies shot because she got scratched/bitten by a street cat. Actually it was last night. So THAT was a new experience…

Is rabies a concern in Cambodia Timmy? With all the cats and dogs you meet?
Yeah. I have been scratched at times and managed not to get rabies. Really should have got vaccinated just in case. The only dog that has bitten me was Scruffy Scarlet when she didn't want to go back to the vet to get her spay stitches out.

On that note, she sadly died last week. The last time I saw her, she was rolling around in a very strange manner on the ground outside a service station as I rode my bike past to get dinner one night. It was so strange I stopped to check on her. It wasn't like a seizure, but still enough to concern me. As I stopped, she saw me and got up and came over for cuddles like nothing was wrong. Then I didn't see her again for several days and the tailor on the corner where she used to hang out told me (via translator) she suddenly had paralysed legs and died. A FB friend who does dog rescues says that sounds like tick borne disease. So I'm really upset about that. After her TVT treatment she seemed a lot better but in the six months since then I'd noticed she didn't seem 100% happy. Still very skinny and although she'd wag her tail it was only ever at 60% enthusiasm, if you know what I mean, like not upright. So it was only recently I began to wonder if maybe her cancer had already spread or something. Turns out it was indeed something. Poor hon.

RIP Scarlet.

viber_image_2022-11-09_10-44-46.jpg

Today I decided to add VPN to my mobile phone. I feel it's another added protection, since we have premium internet security with AVG on our computers, etc.
Any techy types out there got anything to advise on VPN's and mobile phone security?

Today I got the email from Medibank that our data has just been dropped on the dark web! Brilliant! Knock yourselves out criminals, eye surgery, big toe surgery ... both great surgeons, I hope you enjoy reading about them.
Thankfully they reckon no credit card details or bank account details were leaked.
Just to be aware of strange emails and phone calls, which we already are!

Today I got the email from Medibank that our data has just been dropped on the dark web! Brilliant! Knock yourselves out criminals, eye surgery, big toe surgery ... both great surgeons, I hope you enjoy reading about them.
Thankfully they reckon no credit card details or bank account details were leaked.
My dad was notified that his details were amongst them too.
Probably nothing to worry about if you take the usual precautions.

My dad was notified that his details were amongst them too.
Probably nothing to worry about if you take the usual precautions.
Just a matter of keeping aware. I'm super vigilant at the best of times.
It's a case if not lowering your guard at all.
Hope your dad stays safe

I received an email from them also as I was with AHM... I wondered why lately I've been getting smashed with scam calls from Australian mobiles, land lines & OS.. I jumped online & signed up with a class action.. I was really peeved as I gave health insurers the flick almost a decade ago due to their always increasing prices with diminishing benefits. Why the fuck did they keep my files?? They should have ditched them 12 months after I ceased being their customer. So now they can pay :cool:

I received an email from them also as I was with AHM... I wondered why lately I've been getting smashed with scam calls from Australian mobiles, land lines & OS.. I jumped online & signed up with a class action.. I was really peeved as I gave health insurers the flick almost a decade ago due to their always increasing prices with diminishing benefits. Why the fuck did they keep my files?? They should have ditched them 12 months after I ceased being their customer. So now they can pay :cool:
I think with AHM they have access to your Medicare card details too, don't they?
We've had no more than usual scam calls so far. But our details were leaked just a few days ago.
To think Medibank didn't have cyber attack insurance because it's too expensive is outrageous.
We've wanted to ditch it too, for the same reasons, but as we get older, feel we should have it.
Edit to add: just done the class action too.

Last edited:
Yeah. I have been scratched at times and managed not to get rabies. Really should have got vaccinated just in case. The only dog that has bitten me was Scruffy Scarlet when she didn't want to go back to the vet to get her spay stitches out.

On that note, she sadly died last week. The last time I saw her, she was rolling around in a very strange manner on the ground outside a service station as I rode my bike past to get dinner one night. It was so strange I stopped to check on her. It wasn't like a seizure, but still enough to concern me. As I stopped, she saw me and got up and came over for cuddles like nothing was wrong. Then I didn't see her again for several days and the tailor on the corner where she used to hang out told me (via translator) she suddenly had paralysed legs and died. A FB friend who does dog rescues says that sounds like tick borne disease. So I'm really upset about that. After her TVT treatment she seemed a lot better but in the six months since then I'd noticed she didn't seem 100% happy. Still very skinny and although she'd wag her tail it was only ever at 60% enthusiasm, if you know what I mean, like not upright. So it was only recently I began to wonder if maybe her cancer had already spread or something. Turns out it was indeed something. Poor hon.

RIP Scarlet.

View attachment 59383
I missed this.
So sorry for your loss, Timmy 😔

RIP Scarlet.

View attachment 59383

RIP Scarlet.

View attachment 59383
Oh I missed it too. Or at least some of it. I was travelling and worrying about rabies on my friend‘s behalf.
Scarlet looks like a sweetheart. RIP Scarlet. They are such little darlings (most of them!) And they depend on us such alot. It‘s heartbreaking when they go.

Back