Skip to main content

Today I ........

OGC.c0e56c5d4c591e858438ef37c9bdeea3
Nice to see you back @el'coopo - I've been keeping your thread alive. :biggrin:

Today I shit my pants as flooding rains shot down my little creek and turned into rapids with quite some force...

13.jpg
2.jpg
It reached my back steps & started to flow through the carport - but as I madly relocated the motor mowers & ride-on, it peaked & then started to recede 🙏.. We've had 800mm of rain in 72 hours, 200 of it was in 5 hours...

Anyway, it looks like it has started to dissipate now ... yay...

Today I shit my pants as flooding rains shot down my little creek and turned into rapids with quite some force...

View attachment 59440
View attachment 59441
It reached my back steps & started to flow through the carport - but as I madly relocated the motor mowers & ride-on, it peaked & then started to recede 🙏.. We've had 800mm of rain in 72 hours, 200 of it was in 5 hours...

Oh wow. All the best to you Thing, and stay safe!
Where are you?

View attachment 59440
View attachment 59441

Jebus that was a close call. I hope the rain and waters subside. Glad you're ok!

Jebus that was a close call. I hope the rain and waters subside. Glad you're ok!
Thanks, I'm ok - but we are cut off for a while.
There is only one road into our village as we live on top of a mountain ...
The ambulance from in town was trying to come up to help my neighbour give birth - but the didn't make it due to landslides from that rain event.
16.jpg
17.jpg
Maybe a few weeks to clear all the roads and repair them.
My neighbour gave birth on the fire chiefs lounge room floor :D with help from a retired Dr & nurse who live up here...

…holy shit Batman!… that’s unreal Thing!… you take care and stay safe my friend… cheers.

I received a msg today from the local council today stating they're organising essential shopping items & medications etc .. so they sent us a form to complete so that we can order stuff & it will be delivered by helicopter for the next month until the roads are cleared and repaired.

So I will have to spin it a bit and state, "Oh, I'm so ridiculously wealthy - that I get my shopping from Woolworths delivered by helicopter" :biggrin:
The birth made ABC News too.
Oh wow, they're famous .. well 15 mins of fame :bawling:

Today I... emptied the pond I'd made on the front patio, and re-did it. And tomorrow I'm going to collect cowpats to feed the bird of paradise plants. The local cows get taken to graze at empty lots along the main road so I can just take a plastic bag and a spade and help myself.

Untitled-4.jpg

Today I... emptied the pond I'd made on the front patio, and re-did it. And tomorrow I'm going to collect cowpats to feed the bird of paradise plants. The local cows get taken to graze at empty lots along the main road so I can just take a plastic bag and a spade and help myself.

View attachment 59445
I filled up my compost heap with cow manure from the dairy.. plants love it...

View attachment 59445

I filled up my compost heap with cow manure from the dairy.. plants love it...

…haha!… you both need to buy this giant pooper scooper lol!… cheers.

1674043155847.jpeg

Thanks, I'm ok - but we are cut off for a while.
There is only one road into our village as we live on top of a mountain ...
The ambulance from in town was trying to come up to help my neighbour give birth - but the didn't make it due to landslides from that rain event.
View attachment 59442
View attachment 59443
Maybe a few weeks to clear all the roads and repair them.
My neighbour gave birth on the fire chiefs lounge room floor :D with help from a retired Dr & nurse who live up here...

OOOOOH em GEEEE!!! How freaking scary!!! Glad you are all OK & your neighbours bubba made it into the world safe. That will be quite the story for their 21st. Also really glad to hear you guys have food drops organised/being organised. Water really can do a lot of damage quickly. keep safe up there xx

Today I went to the post office to finally pick up my iPad that my brother posted to me after I mistakenly left it in the UK over Christmas at his place and it being stuck the Customs Office for three weeks and they want me to pay half its value in import tax. For my own iPad. Fark. Gotta ‘love’ Brexit.

Today I went to the post office to finally pick up my iPad that my brother posted to me after I mistakenly left it in the UK over Christmas at his place and it being stuck the Customs Office for three weeks and they want me to pay half its value in import tax. For my own iPad. Fark. Gotta ‘love’ Brexit.
What can you do in that situation? Prove it's yours because you can unlock the screen, or show info on it that is obviously yours? Original receipt with the IMEI or serial number?

Back