Skip to main content

Today I ........

Well today I found out that a former coworker/friend I'd lost contact with passed away from COVID in 2020. We weren't super close and it has been years since we last spoke but just thinking about him over the last few hours I wish we had stayed in touch. He was one of a few IRL friends that I had that was also a BBUK fan. He's the reason I ended up going back to school/moving to Calgary and to think how different my life would be if he hadn't encouraged him to take that plunge.
Big hugs Kingston xx

Today I jet off for my African adventure and tick off a bucket list item! 🐘

Beyond excited!
Nice!

Where in Africa are you going?

It's an amazing place. It's 10 years since I did my amazing African adventure and I'd love to go back for another.

Today I'm extremely triggered. I'm a public servant, I work in a call centre, and for the last two days my last call of the day has been dealing with extremely difficult clients. In both cases the difficulty was that the client was completely uncooperative and both tried to gaslight me in to believing I was the problem. Had a conversation with my TL this morning about yesterday's call and she was able to confirm that I in fact did the right thing which was nice but I'm not sure it's even worth mentioning today. Today the woman I was dealing with just couldn't seem to understand that I was trying to help them but that the help they were looking for wasn't going to be exactly how she envisioned it. She was also so blinded by rage that nearly everything and anything I said was completely misinterpreted and mischaracterized. The vast majority of the time spent on the call was her telling me how to do my job, going off on tangents about how she felt the situation she found herself in shouldn't have happened in the first place, and how my attempts to get her back on track were inappropriate. I eventually hung up on her because there was absolutely no way the call was going to recover. I may be a public servant but I'm not YOUR servant and you don't get to order me around or get to dictate how I provide service.

Well today I found out that a former coworker/friend I'd lost contact with passed away from COVID in 2020. We weren't super close and it has been years since we last spoke but just thinking about him over the last few hours I wish we had stayed in touch. He was one of a few IRL friends that I had that was also a BBUK fan. He's the reason I ended up going back to school/moving to Calgary and to think how different my life would be if he hadn't encouraged him to take that plunge.
I know how you feel. I had a good friend I worked with many years ago overseas, he was from Romania & we kept in touch via fb over the years. He was going to come out & visit me in Oz until covid hit & no one could travel. We kept in contact but only once or twice a month, then I couldn't contact him.
Finally I posted a comment on his fb page asking where he was & one of his friends told me he passed away from covid a month earlier :frown:. I didn't even know he had it & it makes you wonder if you had have done something different or did something that would have changed their life or movements they did up till when it happened, maybe they wouldn't have died 😭

I eventually hung up on her because there was absolutely no way the call was going to recover.
People can be so rude to call centre staff. They take out their frustration on you sometimes no matter what. Not sure if this is in your repertoire already but the best way to cut them off is to disconnect them while you're in mid-sentence, which makes it seem like it was an accident. Also, back in my call centre days, I discovered that extension 3837 was nothing but the music on hold. You could transfer a call to that and it would go to eternal Enya void from hell. But I would never do that. ;)

People can be so rude to call centre staff. They take out their frustration on you sometimes no matter what. Not sure if this is in your repertoire already but the best way to cut them off is to disconnect them while you're in mid-sentence, which makes it seem like it was an accident. Also, back in my call centre days, I discovered that extension 3837 was nothing but the music on hold. You could transfer a call to that and it would go to eternal Enya void from hell. But I would never do that. ;)
One of my favourite tactics from dealing with unhinged callers is putting them in time out on hold. I get a lot of callers who rage quit in those cases.

Also if I’m hanging up on someone it usually involves me talking over them advising them I’m hanging up and that they should have a nice day which typically leaves them still talking while I’m hanging up.

As for why people tend to rage at call centre workers I think it has to do with the lack of face to face interaction. If the person doesn’t have a face it’s almost as if they aren’t really human. It’s much easier to pick up on none verbal cues someone is giving than it is to be told flat out that you’re being unreasonable.

As for why people tend to rage at call centre workers I think it has to do with the lack of face to face interaction. If the person doesn’t have a face it’s almost as if they aren’t really human.

Absolutely, same as people being rude on social media.

Today I sat inside most of the day & sheltered from the heat... It's later afternoon & its still 36o C 🥵🌶️♨️

It was almost 40o C a few hours ago... Bottle of water in the fridge & AC to the MAX :cool:

a.jpg

Yesterday I got new wheels! It's electric, with an 800W motor, so not the most powerful by any means, but good enough to get out and about further than on my bicycle. And I'll be training Ruby to ride on the front, as is often seen in this part of the world. Would be good to take her to more places without needing a tuk tuk.

Untitled-4.jpg

…I just watched the Superbowl… wow!… for the first time since I started watching the Superbowl 6 years ago… I finally picked the winning team!… a miracle or what?… I ALWAYS pick the losers lol!… so this is what it feels like eh?… cheers.

Yesterday I got new wheels! It's electric, with an 800W motor, so not the most powerful by any means, but good enough to get out and about further than on my bicycle. And I'll be training Ruby to ride on the front, as is often seen in this part of the world. Would be good to take her to more places without needing a tuk tuk.

View attachment 59528
Oh wow, that should be fun to zip around town in. Make sure you are careful on the roads, I saw a tourist get cleaned up on a motorbike on the corner of Sivutha Blvd & Pub St one night. He was being stupd, going to fast and when a girl turned in front of him he couldn't stop in time and T-boned her bike...

How far can you travel on a full charge? I love electric vehicles and seeing how they are getting more advanced as time goes by..

Oh wow, that should be fun to zip around town in. Make sure you are careful on the roads, I saw a tourist get cleaned up on a motorbike on the corner of Sivutha Blvd & Pub St one night. He was being stupd, going to fast and when a girl turned in front of him he couldn't stop in time and T-boned her bike...

How far can you travel on a full charge? I love electric vehicles and seeing how they are getting more advanced as time goes by..

Oh. I'm very careful riding in Cambodia. Have been riding my bicycle the past few years so I'm used to the traffic, and SR is way quieter than PP so that helps too. In any case, if I have Ruby in front I'll have to be even more careful with no sudden starts or stops where she could lose her balance. I'd be devastated if anything happened to her remaining front leg.

Specs on this model are a bit thin, but it can apparently travel 80km on its 60V 20Ah battery. But with lead acid batteries you really should avoid discharging them more than 50% otherwise you'll reduce their lifespan until it completely drops of a cliff.

Had a go trying to get Ruby to hop on yesterday but she wasn't interested even with tasty treats on offer. Once she catches on she'll be fine. She doesn't have to be told to hop in a tuk tuk with me, so there's hope.

Oh. I'm very careful riding in Cambodia. Have been riding my bicycle the past few years so I'm used to the traffic, and SR is way quieter than PP so that helps too. In any case, if I have Ruby in front I'll have to be even more careful with no sudden starts or stops where she could lose her balance. I'd be devastated if anything happened to her remaining front leg.

Specs on this model are a bit thin, but it can apparently travel 80km on its 60V 20Ah battery. But with lead acid batteries you really should avoid discharging them more than 50% otherwise you'll reduce their lifespan until it completely drops of a cliff.

Had a go trying to get Ruby to hop on yesterday but she wasn't interested even with tasty treats on offer. Once she catches on she'll be fine. She doesn't have to be told to hop in a tuk tuk with me, so there's hope.
If your battery dies in a few years then look into a lithium battery as a replacement. They can be discharged a lot more & maybe a good replacement.

Even at half that, 40 km's would be more than enough for you to zip around town and visit a few markets, places of interest etc. Does it take long to charge again?

How big is Ruby? To big for a basket?

If your battery dies in a few years then look into a lithium battery as a replacement. They can be discharged a lot more & maybe a good replacement.

Even at half that, 40 km's would be more than enough for you to zip around town and visit a few markets, places of interest etc. Does it take long to charge again?

How big is Ruby? To big for a basket?

Yeah 40km is plenty. I would have preferred lithium batteries... but in reality they don't cope well with being in a hot environment. I used to work with mobile phones, and if you've ever seen a phone battery that is bulging and squishy you'll know what I mean. As for Ruby she is medium sized - about 17kg - so too big for a basket (not to mention I'd have to put her in/out of it.

View attachment 59528
Yay wheels! Have fun on them - and more importantly, drive safely 😊

b.jpg

I think the wet season has returned again, it has been raining for 3 days straight now.

I love the rain & I love extreme weather, but I do have quite a lot of jobs to do around my property & I hate working in the rain. I just can't do it, I can't stand being wet & working outdoors in wet clothing...

So I have been doing indoor jobs. One task I have been doing is building a blackjack table. I have almost finished.. Maybe a few more days.
As you can see I used to wood stain for my floor to stain the wood for the table :biggrin: I had a few litres left over...

a.jpg

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 2
Back