Skip to main content

Today I ........

Last week as I was returning home in the alley I heard a kitten crying. It turned out it was in a downpipe, just where it came out at a right angle before going down into the sewer. I got the neighbours to come out with a saw to cut the pipe, then realised I could jiggle the L joint apart. Behold one hungry five week old female tabby.

There's no chance of finding her mama, as she appeared to have fallen down the pipe from a two-storey rooftop. She's too little to survive in the street so I really had no choice but to bring her in for a few weeks at least. I have Mo from the pagoda staying here atm because he's got mange and looking sick. I thought he just needed fattening up but now I think he has underlying condition (possibly FIV). I should probably keep them apart but he likes to beat her up and she just goes back for more. I mean, she'll probably get FIV and mange as well but very difficult to keep them separated in my place. Yes I'm irresponsible.

I present: Dana Drainpipe.

View attachment 56269
That was a close one for her. What a lovely little face.

Are you gonna stay there Timmy? And do you speak the lingo fluently now?
And ... you are so nice to all the animals there. Yay you.
Still staying here. I gave up learning Khmer after a year here because I planned on leaving. But I couldn't sell the sack so I've been here five years and can do numbers/prices and about 200 words. I started mutual language lessons (English/Khmer) with one of the monks but we had to stop because of lockdown a couple of months ago.

Last edited:
Still staying here. I gave up learning Khmer after a year here because I planned on leaving. But I couldn't sell the sack so I've been here five years and can do numbers/prices and about 200 words. I started mutual language lessons (English/Khmer) with one of the monks but we had to stop because of lockdown a couple of months ago.
I take it, it's Cambodia.
What took you there in the girst place, timmy?
And I dont mean as in airplane!

I take it, it's Cambodia.
What took you there in the girst place, timmy?
And I dont mean as in airplane!
I wanted to live in SE Asia. Cambodia had the easiest visa availability. Was really as simple as that.

Ah, okay. And you have made yiur home there now, or just temporarily?
I'm happy to stay a couple more years and then decide. If Vietnam offered an appropriate visa I could try there. Ditto if Thailand dialled down the police state they've got going on there. Malaysia if my finances are better.

I'm happy to stay a couple more years and then decide. If Vietnam offered an appropriate visa I could try there. Ditto if Thailand dialled down the police state they've got going on there. Malaysia if my finances are better.w
Okay, so it sounds like you have options.
Where are you originally from?

Earthquake, felt quite big and longer than minor ones I have felt before
5 or 6 Richter scale in Mansfield
Ooo some building damage inner city, nobody reported hurt

Shame it didn’t fall on the dickheads in the city yesterday😀

Shame it didn’t fall on that dickhead Dan Andrews.

I thought you were for freedom, kxk?

Fuckwits and professional wankers do not = freedom

More than half the infections are currently coming from tradies/building sites not that many of them were involved yesterday
Thugs were seen en mass buying high viz gear to appear like a construction worker

Fuckwits and professional wankers do not = freedom

More than half the infections are currently coming from tradies/building sites not that many of them were involved yesterday
Thugs were seen en mass buying high viz gear to appear like a construction worker

Not to be rude kxk but you are very misinformed in this area believing what the media has told you and the Andrews/Setka spin.

Independent journalists have been broadcasting the protests over the last few days and shown hours of what has been happening. If you actually watched the footage (and not the media bias coverage of it), you may change your view of things.

Affable I am following the union people/reps and workers disgusted by what has been going on
Different views

But I thought you would not support labourers undermining all the essential workers in hospitals
Anyone doing that utterly piss me off....
Beats me how all the essential workers keep going

Affable I am following the union people/reps and workers disgusted by what has been going on
Different views

But I thought you would not support labourers undermining all the essential workers in hospitals
Anyone doing that utterly piss me off....
Beats me how all the essential workers keep going

Firstly, union people/reps are heavily linked to the Andrews Government. So of course they would be feel that way as they are protecting their leader… These unions are supposed to represent their people but instead have sold them out and have not fought for them. One really has to question whether these unions really are effective.

Easy to believe that “labourers undermining all the essential workers in hospitals” is occurring when doctors and nurses are being silenced and threatened with de registration if they say anything contrary to what is out there. Too many people believing in the media narrative that our hospitals are in trouble. I’ve heard different. Add to that we would not be having this issue if Andrews delivered on his promise for the extra 4000 ICU beds that he made last year...

Back