Skip to main content

Today I ........

Minor annoyance in the scheme of First World Problems, but nonetheless...
Every time Windows updates, it seems to add some annoying little feature that makes things slightly more difficult rather than better.
This time, you can no longer right click and delete a file. Now you have to scroll down to a 'show more options' tab to get to the delete button.
Sure, it only takes a couple of seconds more, but often I'm going through 100 or more files and deleting after I've checked them, and it does make it more of a hindrance.
Thanks for the warning.
My next update is due Wednesday on my win 10.
I wasn't looking forward to my win8.1 laptop not being supported anymore by MS, but it has been bliss.
Every month now it doesn't get caught up in the non-update loop for days before it decides finally to update.
It's faster and funnily enough more functional. I
have premium AVG anti track, anti virus VPN looking after my security.
All MS wanted to do when support ended was to make me buy a new win 11 computer. Not interested in win 11!

Thanks for the warning.
My next update is due Wednesday on my win 10.
I wasn't looking forward to my win8.1 laptop not being supported anymore by MS, but it has been bliss.
Every month now it doesn't get caught up in the non-update loop for days before it decides finally to update.
It's faster and funnily enough more functional. I
have premium AVG anti track, anti virus VPN looking after my security.
All MS wanted to do when support ended was to make me buy a new win 11 computer. Not interested in win 11!
Mine is W11, which I didn't really want but upgraded to last year when my computer melted down.

Mine is W11, which I didn't really want but upgraded to last year when my computer melted down.
What do you think of win11?
I still have my old win 7 laptop which still works but don't use.

It was a good backup for when our desktop broke down before we got a new one.
The geek man who came told us he still has a friend who runs XP! So there you go!. I'm reluctant now to move on to a new OS unless really necessary.

What do you think of win11?
I still have my old win 7 laptop which still works but don't use.

It was a good backup for when our desktop broke down before we got a new one.
The geek man who came told us he still has a friend who runs XP! So there you go!. I'm reluctant now to move on to a new OS unless really necessary.
Not bad so far, I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Not bad so far, I'm sure I'll get used to it.
At leaat with windows, things ate usually in the same place.
The computer at our salon, they changed to a Mac. I can't find anything. Thankfully I don t have to use it unless I'm helping th ed out. I have my win 8.1 for my own personal use.
I do not like Apple anything!

This time, you can no longer right click and delete a file. Now you have to scroll down to a 'show more options' tab to get to the delete button.

I haven't used Windows for years, but in Linux if I left click/highlight a file and just hit DELETE it zaps it. Doesn't even ask to confirm lol.

I use a Macbook at home, but my work computer is Windows 11. The one thing that shits me is how the copy, paste, rename, etc words are gone and its a little picture instead. I absolute despise it.

I use a Macbook at home, but my work computer is Windows 11. The one thing that shits me is how the copy, paste, rename, etc words are gone and its a little picture instead. I absolute despise it.
I wonder why they did that. That's just stupid!
I know what the cut, copy and paste icons look like, but not the rename!

Today I saw this being sold on Aliexpress and it left me wondering what exactly kind of kids some people are bringing up.

Having said that, my house here has razor wire like this.

1689137979160.png

Meanwhile I bought a cheap (new) air fryer on FB. It was only US$35 with free delivery. Turned up this morning and it's 12 Litres! I assumed because of the price it would only be a little 4-5L one. Guess I should have read the ad. I guess I could cook an entire chicken roast with veges in it.

IDK it’s probably the lack of sleep I got last night but I’ve been feeling pretty emotional and anxious today. A general sense of dread and unhappiness has hung over me all day.

IDK it’s probably the lack of sleep I got last night but I’ve been feeling pretty emotional and anxious today. A general sense of dread and unhappiness has hung over me all day.
icck i hate days like that, where you know you're off, just can't pinpoint it, or you kinda do know, just don't want to actually think about it. When i get myself tied into knots instead of actually sleeping, i try to remind myself i'm not going to change anything right now by tossing it over & over & a better night sleep will help me think/resolve it in the morning. my drive to work is 30mins so i deal with myself that i will have my "worry time" driving to work & more often than not, things dont feel as compounding during the day.

Today i got on the wait list for EMDR therapy. Took me a couple of weeks to build up the courage to call, now i wait 3 to 6 months O_O

icck i hate days like that, where you know you're off, just can't pinpoint it, or you kinda do know, just don't want to actually think about it. When i get myself tied into knots instead of actually sleeping, i try to remind myself i'm not going to change anything right now by tossing it over & over & a better night sleep will help me think/resolve it in the morning. my drive to work is 30mins so i deal with myself that i will have my "worry time" driving to work & more often than not, things dont feel as compounding during the day.
I take sleeping pills so it’s not necessarily getting to sleep that’s the issue it’s staying asleep. I typically wake up at least a few times at night but I’m able to get back to some state of sleep… Lately I’ve been waking up and tossing and turning.

As for solutions to my anxiety I may need to be medicated again (either anti depressants or taking a short term anti-anxiety med). I really don’t want to get in to what’s causing some of my anxiety at the moment but I’ll say that what’s bothering me is like an itch that I can’t scratch or an itch that just won’t go away. Like I said I may need to get some temporary anti-anxiety medication before it calms down… We’ll see.

I had to Google that. I've not heard of it before.
all the best and good luck with it 💫

Good for you. I had to look that up, but I hope it proves helpful!
Thanks :) I was in a car accident when i was younger & do a lot of odd things i've come to realise through therapy are ptsd related. Talking it out has worked on my other issues, but not as much as i'd hoped with travelling in the car.

Back