Skip to main content

Today I ........

Sorry to hear about your farm, Thing.
Have fun on your adventures, and as timmy says, if you find yourself near an internet cafe in Peru or on a desert island oasis, pop in and let us know how you're doing!,

As like others have said sorry about your farm Thing.

Have a great time with your travels - it sounds like a great adventure you have ahead. Hopefully there will be lots of great stuff to tell us on your return.

I say don’t even think about jumping online… just love your best life @Thing 😂😂

Seriously though, I wish you all the best in your travels with good health and safety as well as many terrific memories!

Pop in when you can @Thing. We'll miss you.
Terrible how governments are allowed to do that to people who have bought and own property with good honest hard earning. "compulsory acquired to build a dam" and then not pay out what you're asking for! 1685759843593.gif
Have an amazing trip.
We look forward to hearing how it's all going along the way.
Ps. I'm pretty sure we're actually never allowed to leave here for good..
Spot on @rj90!

Last edited:
Pop in when you can @Thing. We'll miss you.
Terrible how governments are allowed to do that to people who have bought and own property with good honest hard earning. "compulsory acquired to build a dam" and then not pay out what you're asking for! View attachment 59684
Have an amazing trip.
We look forward to hearing how it's all going along the way.

Spot on @rj90!
you say for good, this song pops in my head somewhat tangentially...
Kristin Chenoweth Idina Menzel For Good from Wicked

It's been a two day project, but Today I... got my new pond together on my balcony. The pot was only $5 and fortunately didn't have any drainage holes. Yesterday I sealed up the inside with a sealant paint I'd bought from Aliexpress, and today put it all together, along with some new guppies to boost numbers in there. I recently discovered the plants I thought were a kind of Bird of Paradise are actually Heliconias and they happily live in water, so I've put one in along with my existing reed plant (which is twice as tall as it was when I bought it - it's out of control!)

The old pot I'd been using was concrete but unsealed. It was leeching something that dried and calcified on the tiles (Cement? Lime? Something nasty anyway) so the fish will probably be happy not to be in that any more.

Untitled-2.jpg

I went to Sydney last week. The last time I was there was 1999 on a business trip, I worked in the city and they put me up at a rather plush hotel in the city also. I remember they were filming The Matrix when I was there.

I noticed so many changes since I last was there. Sooooo many new big buildings. I love the harbour, and caught many ferries to places I have never been before. I ate all my meals either at or from China town. Lovely food and cheap.
This time I met friends who flew down from Brisbane & we shared an apartment on the 49th floor of a city building. It was really fun. I loved it.

View attachment 59650
View attachment 59651
sooo, do you know the way to, uh, like, wot has happened to Darrrling harbourS?

regarDS

Today i am torn - do i hold a family meeting or not?

What's my problem?

Well! I dunno if i'm leaving with a genius or a serial killer - I FOUND A PADDLE POP STICK IN THE SHOWER! Just left it in the rack with the soap. Like who da fuck ate an ice cream *in* the shower??!! what's worse, is it sat there for a week (i gave in & chucked it out *shudder*)

OGC.37c5ae62888ee51b285610983e4097e1
well. that's soooo ... Elliot?

regarDS

Today my cat walked across my keyboard and pressed key combinations I never knew existed... and now the down arrow I use to scroll down on pages like this doesn't work anymore.

I googled all the fixes and nothing worked, so now I'll have to rely solely on the scrolling wheel on the mouse.

Today my cat walked across my keyboard and pressed key combinations I never knew existed... and now the down arrow I use to scroll down on pages like this doesn't work anymore.

I googled all the fixes and nothing worked, so now I'll have to rely solely on the scrolling wheel on the mouse.

Do you have a Scroll Lock button? Or try Shift + F14 ?

Or:

For Windows 10
  1. If your keyboard does not have a Scroll Lock key, on your computer, click Start > Settings > Ease of Access > Keyboard.
  2. Click the On Screen Keyboard button to turn it on.
  3. When the on-screen keyboard appears on your screen, click the ScrLk button.

Do you have a Scroll Lock button? Or try Shift + F14 ?

Or:

For Windows 10
  1. If your keyboard does not have a Scroll Lock key, on your computer, click Start > Settings > Ease of Access > Keyboard.
  2. Click the On Screen Keyboard button to turn it on.
  3. When the on-screen keyboard appears on your screen, click the ScrLk button.
Thanks.
I tried scroll lock immediately and googled for the other one. Neither worked. The settings one turned the scroll lock light on and off, but didn't fix the problem.

I should add that the down arrow isn't stuck or anything - it works as usual in a spreadsheet, it's just stopped working to scroll down in a browser window (whereas the up arrow still works there).
My brother who works in IT had a look and he's never seen it before.

I do have a very clever cat. He sent a message to one of my facebook contacts once - a whole screen full of one letter.

I should add that the down arrow isn't stuck or anything - it works as usual in a spreadsheet, it's just stopped working to scroll down in a browser window (whereas the up arrow still works there).

I do have a very clever cat. He sent a message to one of my facebook contacts once - a whole screen full of one letter.
Did they walk across a laptop keyboard? If so check to see if the track pad which it sounds like you don't use has been deactivated by your cat. My cats have done that to me before. It may effect the arrow keys. To fix it it is the Windows key + q if I remember right.

Did they walk across a laptop keyboard? If so check to see if the track pad which it sounds like you don't use has been deactivated by your cat. My cats have done that to me before. It may effect the arrow keys. To fix it it is the Windows key + q if I remember right.
Thanks but it was my PC keyboard.

My neighbours cat popped in to see me a good few years ago and proceeded to walk across my laptop keyboard and did something similar.
At the time we had a computer mender man up the road, so I took it up to him and he hit a button or two and fixed it.
Yours sounds a whole lot more complicated.
Hope you get it sorted out.

Oh in that case change browsers :biggrin: Brave browser is very good, it had ad blocking etc built in.

Or look up the keyboard shortcuts for whichever one you're using, if you haven't already.

I've posted this in the Political thread (RIP Jamal Khashoggi) but perhaps you & your cat would enjoy it too

Back