Skip to main content

Tim Dormer back in the House

@Thing Coming up next week... TODAY is taking the entire team to the GC for a live broadcast inside the BB house with special guests .. this year's housemates!? :eek::rolleyes:

Should I have posted that? Hopefully Nine detects my scarcasm! But hey, we'd get live streaming during the show, at least...
hahaha I bet if you were a fly on the wall that is Ch 9 &/or BB, your idea will be discussed & 9 staffers will be suggesting, "Well it is possible, we could do it......" :dead::roflmao:

Not just Tim back in the house, but apparently media/photographers as well - this one claims she took photos of each of the housemates. Possibly media have entered multiple times.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

@Reaper Just let them all get on a bus and go to the beach (Surfers Paradise et al) for an excursion. With so many rules of the BB concept broken, they might as well break some more. :rolleyes:

ONE TO WATCH: TIM'S BACK PLAYIN' BIG BROTHER
HE was the last man standing on Big Brother last year, but winner Tim Dormer
can’t get enough of the TV experiment, sneaking back into the house on Friday night.
997051-78bd349a-406b-11e4-b1b2-871c50b86f82.jpg

Big Brother Australia contestant Tim Dormer is back in the house Source: Channel 9
Reappearing on tonight’s episode (9pm, Nine) he has taken up residence in the “sanctuary room”
within the house and is expected to spend time with at least one housemate.

Our BB spies say hated hipster David could get the counselling he asked for and perhaps even
a close shave from Dormer, who knew just how to push buttons and survive.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/en...y-cooking-series/story-fni0cc2c-1227064997572

I'm betting he will probably converse with them or one of them via a video link & it we will probably see 2 or 3 mins a night for as long as they think its viable to stretch it out for (until the ratings fall again) then they'll probably get Ben, Estelle, someone from The Voice, Dicko, Matt Preston .....

Well, if you want to get technical, I made the thread title in response to Tim's comments on his thread, and the mods merged Tim's comments into the start of the thread so it made more sense and I sounded like less of a looney. So yes, he didn't start the thread, but I am no PR flunky from Channel Nine.

But if you were a PR flunky from Nine, would you still be here posting things about the show?

@Thing Coming up next week... TODAY is taking the entire team to the GC for a live broadcast inside the BB house with special guests .. this year's housemates!? :eek::rolleyes:

Should I have posted that? Hopefully Nine detects my scarcasm! But hey, we'd get live streaming during the show, at least...

Really? I thought it would've been Mornings.

I'm here and tbh what is there to say?

I hope this season ends with Alex being burned at the stake.
I was wondering why Alex's tweet sounded familiar when I read it today. And then I went back and reread this thread from the beginning.

Hey boo, we know you're here - make Ch 9 bring back the live feed you stubborn mother fucker! Tim's going to help you on Sunday and for however long you keep him in there but as soon as he's gone, then what? Ben from Brisbane? A fake alien abduction? If I were you I'd be at Gyng's door banging on it and refusing to leave until he told his minions to bring the LFs back. You're dying a rapid death here pal.

Behind Big Brother ‏@behindbb
If ratings are dropping and you have to bring Tim Dormer back the Executive Producer isn't doing their job properly @AlexMavroidakis #bbau

Alex Mavroidakis ‏@AlexMavroidakis 16h
@behindbb let's get an angry mob together and set fire to him!! #BBAU

When searching for something for another thread (a bit where either Alex or Chris says how prickly the females are this year)
I found this article...he doesn't want another @Timdormer but less than two weeks in who does he call to save the day. All bolded parts other than the title are mine.

THIS is Big Brother! The producer reveals he's the show's decision-making omni-God and says he doesn't want another Tim Dormer this year

It's the reality TV show seemingly controlled by an omnipresent God-like figure of authority with a thunderingly powerful voice.

But while Big Brother Australia's Noah's Ark-themed teaser might have a distinctly biblical subtext, it looks like the show isn't the result of divine inspiration.

Speaking to Daily Mail Australia on Tuesday executive producer Alex Mavroidakis revealed he's one of the all-powerful decision-makers behind the hit reality TV franchise.

And the talented British producer promises this year's viewers can expect more mayhem and madness than ever before.

Reality TV's pioneering people experiment, series 11 of Big Brother Australia will be making a return to its roots.

'For our housemates it's a real throw back to the social experiment, we're doing something this year that will really test the contestants and pit them against each other and create real human drama,' Alex says, revealing one ninety minute episode takes 10 hours to edit.

'Real human drama that has heroes, it has villains and it has far reaching implications. It will be a real soap opera.

'We trade on mystery, so we're very excited about this year because we're doing something that's never been done in any other Big Brother house around the world.'

Unscripted and entirely unpredictable, Alex says the only control the show's creators have at this stage is the casting and in that he's confident.

'Big Brother isn't a freak show. We try to throw in a mix of horribly narcissistic wannabees that love themselves and want as much screen time as possible, with a load of real Australians.

'We chosen a terrific cast of people, a really diverse group and put together the biggest and most audacious house we've ever had.

'Then we leave the Australian public to decide who they want to watch.'

One thing is for sure - viewers won't be seeing identikit Tim Dormers.

'We didn't want clones of last year's housemates.

'We didn't want this year's Tahnee, this year's Tim, this year's Ben - they were terrific as last year's housemates but I was actually quite pleased we didn't have a lot of people turning up pretending to be Tim.'

With a series of teasers hinting that 'one housemate will have ultimate power' and 'unleash the storm' the momentum for the show, which airs on Monday September 8, is growing fast.

We don't have the restraints of all the other big reality shows,' says Alex of the show's successful formula that's spawned versions across the globe.
'We can pretty much do whatever we want, the only thing we have to stick to is that we have to shield the housemates from the outside world, evict someone every week and then give someone a load of money at the end of it.'

And while all eyes will be on the ten contestants, the viewers will have unprecedented power this year.

'The audience get a rare opportunity this year, which is to stage manage the house from their arm chair and I'm not just talking in terms of eviction, which they've always had the power to do.

'It's power to the people - that's our message to the audience this year.

'They are going to have to make really tough decisions about stuff that actually matters not just who does the cleaning - it's going to be game changing stuff.'

With a later time slot of 8.40pm the show promises to appeal to an older audience.

'There's new challenges, we absolutely do need more grown up content and we will deliver that.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ni-God-says-doesn-t-want-Tim-Dormer-year.html

Reactions: jjg
Well that just proves that Alex is on the same level as a 23 year old store manager at the local woolies. All talk, no action, full of shit, talking himself up to the bosses.
Thanks Mrs Butterface, that post made me laugh. For all the wrong reasons.

@Reaper Just let them all get on a bus and go to the beach (Surfers Paradise et al) for an excursion. With so many rules of the BB concept broken, they might as well break some more. :rolleyes:
Was watching the Friday's daily show with friends and we were joking around that since they have Dreamworld near it, they could build a rollercoaster that goes into the house and have tourists go in and out.

It was a joke at first, but now.....

Without parties, retrieved conversations at dinner and magic shows in the house nothing else happened than "Who is attracted to who" and "Who will kiss who" and "Who has sagging boobs" ????? So now the producers are urged to bring Tim back ...

And with no live updated videos, no twitter updates, no facebook updates (not to tell about no livefeed like BB USA. BB Canada, BB Italy btw. for free, BB Spain btw. also for free, BB Germany etc. ) maybe the housemates could only come a few minutes or half an hour to dreamworld to fill the daily "highlights"(?) show - You decide (except who's evicted).

Last edited:
It seems at 0130hrs I feel more hopeful than ever.
A thought! What if..
Alex decided to stop being a mega douche and bring back live feeds. BUT he knows he can't do it until after the Tim saga so as to not give anything away or recreate the Justin black hole like last year. They say Tim's visit will be a 'game changer' so surely now more than ever will be the time to let us see more of our HMs.
Maybe Monday morning we will wake up to live feeds! And Alex will act as though this was his plan all along, but we all know it's just because he can't stay away from this forum and he's seen how cranky we all are with him.

Oh dear.. it appears I must be dreaming..
One can hope.

I do wonder how much of it is Alex and co. and how much of it is Channel 9. They seem more concerned with what latest stunt they can sell in a 20 second promo than the 90 minute show that's delivered most nights!

Back