Skip to main content

Tim and Ben's Big News on Friday

As long as they don't close every show with Ben chatting with his pictures. *shudder* I'm still in hypnosis therapy to get that disturbing image out of my head from last season.

CObNQS0_zps8752a7c4.gif

Reactions: Tee
Crowd funding? the fucker has $250,000 fund it yourself! and if its successful then get your money back and profit through advertisers and networks picking the damn show up. Is he serious? not to mention Princess Pictures would also be rolling in the cash with the success of Chris Lilley.

fkn THIS !!!!!!!!!

+111111111

But as @pawlini said, as if Tim doesn't have the cash to do it, haha. Unless, he is giving a fair amount of the cash and the extra 37k they need is just because they legitimately don't have it. I doubt there will be a lot of donations though ...

Apparently Tim's housemate is good for five grand to chip in.
He tripped over that ca$h for being a fake cunt; may as well pay-it-forward

Come on Jake ! Stay home from those guilt filled clubs for a few Saturday nights and let the guys get to Elvisville USA

The only reason you are on the show, Jake, is because the winner schooled you 24/7 since last year

Be the worthy understudy and pay your tribute, gangsta stylez

I don't understand your shock and concern.

It sounds to me like he is managing his illness well. He understands his condition, is being treated by medical professionals and has a strong support network. To me that is an almost ideal scenario.

There is nothing excessive about taking FOUR medications to treat illness. And Zolpidem (STIKNOX) is a very safe and effective medication, if you do not fall into that very small percentage who have adverse reactions to it.

Pushing people to try new things in life is not an effective treatment for mental illness. Understanding your illness, taking your prescribed medication and treatments and having a strong support network is an effective treatment for mental illness, and to me it would seem like Ben is all over it like a fat kid on cake.
Well we both have different views on this I guess. Yes it is great that he is managing his condition with medication and I assume has regular doctor visits.
I'm more shocked that he is even on medication in the firs place. I had no idea that his mental problems were bad enough in the first place.
And I said I hope that Time helps him try new things because in one of the videos Ben said he a homebody and does not get out much..... It's good IMO that Ben has Tim as a friend who is more than happy to do funny and exciting things with him.

Apparently Tim's housemate is good for five grand to chip in.
He tripped over that ca$h for being a fake cunt; may as well pay-it-forward

Come on Jake ! Stay home from those guilt filled clubs for a few Saturday nights and let the guys get to Elvisville USA

The only reason you are on the show, Jake, is because the winner schooled you 24/7 since last year

Be the worthy understudy and pay your tribute, gangsta stylez
If Tim did though, he didn't do it very well. Jake has flown under the radar for sure and he has made very limited entertainment. I'd be surprised if Tim taught him, I'm sure he gave him tips.

Well we both have different views on this I guess. Yes it is great that he is managing his condition with medication and I assume has regular doctor visits.
I'm more shocked that he is even on medication in the firs place. I had no idea that his mental problems were bad enough in the first place.
And I said I hope that Time helps him try new things because in one of the videos Ben said he a homebody and does not get out much..... It's good IMO that Ben has Tim as a friend who is more than happy to do funny and exciting things with him.

If you have a mental illness, you get treatment. That is how it works, to think otherwise is ignorant.

You would think nothing of someone taking four medications to cope with an endocrine disease, or a renal disease, or a coronary disease, but if someone needs four medications to help control a mental illness, it is somehow shocking. There is an unhelpful stigma attached to mental illness and I am so happy Ben is helping to break down the barriers.

Oh and I think his friendship with Tim is great. I was replying to the shock you felt at the fact he take FOUR medications, of which one is STILKNOX and eluding to the fact that all Ben needs is to "try new things in life" and his mental illness will magically disappear. Mental illness is like any other illness. It needs treatment, and it should be celebrated that he is getting that.

If Tim did though, he didn't do it very well. Jake has flown under the radar for sure and he has made very limited entertainment. I'd be surprised if Tim taught him, I'm sure he gave him tips.

Limited entertainment thus far,....he has a LONG game.....Tim didnt put himself up for nomination until he needed to.

Strategy is for last few weeks....he a chance...

Depression with a twist of anxiety.

Two very very difficult conditions to treat with ongoing success.
I hear that. Unfortunately I have a doctor that won't dispense anti-anxieties. Or maybe fortunately. But what I wouldn't give to chuck a couple of more meds into the mix to make it a bit easier. But TMI!!! Nothing to see here. Move along! HA!!

I hear that. Unfortunately I have a doctor that won't dispense anti-anxieties. Or maybe fortunately. But what I wouldn't give to chuck a couple of more meds into the mix to make it a bit easier. But TMI!!! Nothing to see here. Move along! HA!!

You need to change doctors.

That makes as much sense as not dispensing heart medication because he doesn't believe it is a real enough condition to be treated with medication.

Anxiety is a real condition and in some cases it needs to be treated with medication, sometimes that will be short term, and sometimes that will be long term, depending on the patients needs.

If you have a mental illness, you get treatment. That is how it works, to think otherwise is ignorant.

You would think nothing of someone taking four medications to cope with an endocrine disease, or a renal disease, or a coronary disease, but if someone needs four medications to help control a mental illness, it is somehow shocking. There is an unhelpful stigma attached to mental illness and I am so happy Ben is helping to break down the barriers.

Oh and I think his friendship with Tim is great. I was replying to the shock you felt at the fact he take FOUR medications, of which one is STILKNOX and eluding to the fact that all Ben needs is to "try new things in life" and his mental illness will magically disappear. Mental illness is like any other illness. It needs treatment, and it should be celebrated that he is getting that.
OK cool

Furthermore all those medications aren't stacking up to treat the same things.
Stilnox helps you sleep (take as needed). Not a treatment for mental disorder.
Valium. Calms you down when extremely anxious beyond function, but you wouldn't use it in a functioning day at work or driving (take as needed).
I don't remember the other 2 he said he was on but I assume one would be an antidepressant which also tends to lower daily anxiety.

I'm sure he is in regular therapy as that's how you treat your disorders. I don't know why he has to mention specifically what he is on though. Just sounds like a gimmick he's milking with the constant (no..I don't leave the house often..). He said that several times in the 2 videos posted in this thread.

After quite a lot of thinking on this over the years and knowing people on and off anxiety and depression medication including on Occassion myself and close friends who I would never have suspected I think it is probably very very good that he is on medication. I wish that it were otherwise. And it is probably POSSIBLE to get by without it. But difficult. But why endure significant difficulties when a situation is readily treatable. I'll make up an analogy... Most people today in the western world in certain latitudes are vitamin D deficient. We could walk around nude outside for four hours a day and that would probably solve it. But our society is not set up that way any more. So supplements can address it. Vitamin D is natural. But some people's bodies can't produce enough in certain circumstances. Result can be osteoporosis, depression... Serotonin dopamine etc are natural. But some people's bodies can't produce enough in curtain circumstances. Result can be depression, anxiety... Supplements can address it.

Furthermore all those medications aren't stacking up to treat the same things.
Stilnox helps you sleep (take as needed). Not a treatment for mental disorder.
Valium. Calms you down when extremely anxious beyond function, but you wouldn't use it in a functioning day at work or driving (take as needed).
I don't remember the other 2 he said he was on but I assume one would be an antidepressant which also tends to lower daily anxiety.

I'm sure he is in regular therapy as that's how you treat your disorders. I don't know why he has to mention specifically what he is on though. Just sounds like a gimmick he's milking with the constant (no..I don't leave the house often..). He said that several times in the 2 videos posted in this thread.
It has always surprised me that Ben is so comfortable doing things like stand up comedy in front of a crowd when he is such an anxious person. I am guessing the medication that he uses helps calm his public speaking nerves?

Back