Skip to main content

Tim and Ben's Big News on Friday

After quite a lot of thinking on this over the years and knowing people on and off anxiety and depression medication including on Occassion myself and close friends who I would never have suspected I think it is probably very very good that he is on medication. I wish that it were otherwise. And it is probably POSSIBLE to get by without it. But difficult. But why endure significant difficulties when a situation is readily treatable. I'll make up an analogy... Most people today in the western world in certain latitudes are vitamin D deficient. We could walk around nude outside for four hours a day and that would probably solve it. But our society is not set up that way any more. So supplements can address it. Vitamin D is natural. But some people's bodies can't produce enough in certain circumstances. Result can be osteoporosis, depression... Serotonin dopamine etc are natural. But some people's bodies can't produce enough in curtain circumstances. Result can be depression, anxiety... Supplements can address it.
So are you saying that Ben should walk around naked in the sun???? :facepalm: ;) :mooning:

No but seriously well said. I agree. I'm the type of person who freaks out when I personally have to take something as mild as a panadol...... So in my OP of course I was shocked that Ben was on four medication.

It has always surprised me that Ben is so comfortable doing things like stand up comedy in front of a crowd when he is such an anxious person. I am guessing the medication that he uses helps calm his public speaking nerves?

I'm pretty sure this is a common thing in people who suffer forms of social anxiety. Doing standup in front of a crowd is essentially a one-way performance where you're at liberty to be a little weird. It's a lot different from standard social settings where the anxiety stems from initiating conversations and actively participating.

benfrombrisbane
Now · Bondi Beach Austraila
Loving Bondi! ...Early morning tomorrow, @timdormer & I will be on the @thetodayshow@channel9 to tell you the news of our upcoming trip to #graceland & how you can be involved! #elvis

929242_653619821403390_1225505418_n.jpg

So they get Today show on board to flog their bloody project. Its good knowing people at a nation broadcasted show. they will no doubt make their target now.

I just checked and so far they have raised $5! A resounding success!

Crowd funding is only successful when things go viral on the net. This won't, because the majority of people can see straight through the motivation behind it. As it stands, it's like "I won Big Bruvva! 250 grand! Awesome dudes! So you wanna give us guys another 50?"

So they get Today show on board to flog their bloody project. Its good knowing people at a nation broadcasted show. they will no doubt make their target now.

I am glad that they are promoting this through the Today show. I would doubt they would make their target without that show's big audience. Shame it is only a web series. Channel 9 should get on board considering they have that Hamish & Andy travel show. I would much prefer to watch Ben and Tim then those guys.

I am glad that they are promoting this through the Today show. I would doubt they would make their target without that show's big audience. Shame it is only a web series. Channel 9 should get on board considering they have that Hamish & Andy travel show. I would much prefer to watch Ben and Tim then those guys.
Its a web series? fuck off! get a sponsor then like Tully has. travel agencies pay her to holiday and say how great it is.

The thing is, its clear they can't get a Channel to sign on to the project.

As much as it may be exciting and funny to watch, no channel is going to take the risk and spend the money.

If any channel thought it would worth it, they would have gotten backing for it.

Good Luck, because I wont be spending a cent on it.

The thing is, its clear they can't get a Channel to sign on to the project.

As much as it may be exciting and funny to watch, no channel is going to take the risk and spend the money.

If any channel thought it would worth it, they would have gotten backing for it.

Good Luck, because I wont be spending a cent on it.

I suppose Nine doesn't think it would appeal to the western Sydney area who like fast food. :rolleyes:

Back