Skip to main content

Things You Hate & Stuff That Annoys You...

Oh people on public transport arguing on their mobile phone with the person on the other end and speaking so loud, that you have to listen to their shit.

I copped this the other night going home on my train ride but luckily I only had to listen to it for a short time. I would have done my nut if I had to listen to it any longer.

No one wants to listen to that crap.:arghh:

Oh people on public transport arguing on their mobile phone with the person on the other end and speaking so loud, that you have to listen to their shit.

I copped this the other night going home on my train ride but luckily I only had to listen to it for a short time. I would have done my nut if I had to listen to it any longer.

No one wants to listen to that crap.:arghh:

Oh hell no! I always give them the stink eye.. but usually they don't notice anyone around them. That's half their problem. But i'll keep giving them the stink eye just on the off chance they do look around. haha there's probably someone on another forum complaining about a right grumpy sour face who gets on their train!!

Heard back from a job today with this. I wouldn't mind but it's for a 2 week temp position. They want me to make a mock interview video.

wtf.

So annoying. I could understand if it was for a full time position but FOR TWO WEEKS!

IMG_2833.PNG

Heard back from a job today with this. I wouldn't mind but it's for a 2 week temp position. They want me to make a mock interview video.

wtf.

So annoying. I could understand if it was for a full time position but FOR TWO WEEKS!

View attachment 51459

Geez you would be stuffed if you could not download the iphone app - totally dissed!

That is the weirdest thing I have every read, in response to a job interview. The job must be something very special and online related and not one on one communication related, to get a response like that! Actually, that is the most fucked up response to a job interview I have ever heard of, and I reckon maybe they are looking for the butt response! Are they serious? OK if you were getting paid $5k a week maybe - but that is just weird. Does the job come with a we may give you more work after 2 weeks?

ABS are looking for casual workers atm - that might suit you better, if you are able to handle knocking on strange peoples doors .......
Also, the AEC looks for peeps at Election time :)

Geez you would be stuffed if you could not download the iphone app - totally dissed!

That is the weirdest thing I have every read, in response to a job interview. The job must be something very special and online related and not one on one communication related, to get a response like that! Actually, that is the most fucked up response to a job interview I have ever heard of, and I reckon maybe they are looking for the butt response! Are they serious? OK if you were getting paid $5k a week maybe - but that is just weird. Does the job come with a we may give you more work after 2 weeks?

ABS are looking for casual workers atm - that might suit you better, if you are able to handle knocking on strange peoples doors .......
Also, the AEC looks for peeps at Election time :)

Thanks hooley :) I have applied for the casual jobs with the ABS. Haven't heard anything back yet.

I have half a mind to email them and ask them why they won't just meet with me if they think I could be suitable. I understand a video interview but this isn't even that. However, after a little bit of googling and researching I have since found out that it is all connected to a new app that they have made. You fill all your details on it, resume etc and it has in app purchases where you can take strengths & weaknesses tests, or skills tests. They cost $19.99 each and they will add the scores to your profile on the app. So... seems to me, this recruitment agency is preying on the desperate people who need a job, giving them a sense of hope with their new app... which in fact is just to make them money. I mean you can do any of those tests yourself online for free.

Assholes.

Sorry to keep going on about jobs etc... but is it even legal to ask for a photo to be submitted with an application? For what reason exactly would you need to send a photo? A personal photo at that. How about a duck face selfie?

Screen Shot 2016-05-13 at 12.23.19 AM.png

Thanks hooley :) I have applied for the casual jobs with the ABS. Haven't heard anything back yet.

I have half a mind to email them and ask them why they won't just meet with me if they think I could be suitable. I understand a video interview but this isn't even that. However, after a little bit of googling and researching I have since found out that it is all connected to a new app that they have made. You fill all your details on it, resume etc and it has in app purchases where you can take strengths & weaknesses tests, or skills tests. They cost $19.99 each and they will add the scores to your profile on the app. So... seems to me, this recruitment agency is preying on the desperate people who need a job, giving them a sense of hope with their new app... which in fact is just to make them money. I mean you can do any of those tests yourself online for free.

Assholes.

That is NOT RIGHT! Are not these recruitment agencies Government Subsidised? If so, I reckon they need to be reported. That sucks. Even if you did a video, you would have to do one for each job and that costs 19.99 for each application? I mean, you have to state why you would be good for each job? A lot of people would not feel comfortable being videoed, but OK face to face ... Sounds like a scam to me!!! I reckon you should email them and ask why. No it is not a video interview via skype etc - it is like making a video and putting it on youtube, as far as I can see. Too bad if you don't have an iphone or video calling - most people looking for a JOB are just that Just On Broke!

Send them your asshole pic LOL

Sorry to keep going on about jobs etc... but is it even legal to ask for a photo to be submitted with an application? For what reason exactly would you need to send a photo? A personal photo at that. How about a duck face selfie?

View attachment 51463

LOL - they need to get sent one of the applicant at a drunked christmas party .... or an asshole pic LOL

Last edited:
I know right? So ridiculous. Maybe I should do one... draw eyes on my bum and tell them they are talking out of their ass so i'm talking out of mine haha.

haha yeah maybe not lol
Bwahaha (Love it) :mooning:<You to them.

Ffs that is seriously going overboard re the video/interview application for a friggen two week job. :rolleyes:

View attachment 51463
Wtf?

So your appearance plays a role in a job, going by that description, in an office? It's an admin job not an audition for "Australia's next top model".

Sorry but that application reeks of discrimination and is borderline creepy. :cautious:

Good luck with your job seeking, Shaydee:thumbsup:

The photo would see to be fairly iffy from a Equal Opportunity perspective, very odd.

Interview update: The interview wasn't the best. Interviewed by two people. A man and woman. The man never shut up. LOVED the sound of his own voice & spoke over the top of me when I was trying to answer his questions. Like why ask if you don't want to hear the answer. The woman said nothing. Pretty sure she'd fallen asleep with her eyes open lol. The environment seemed very miserable. Lots of Indian people, which made me feel that they are after the cheapest labour possible. They sit there for hours just posting adverts and trying to get people to do surveys online. No-one even looked up when I walked through and when I got home I looked on Glassdoor and saw a lot of reviews that said former employees worked very long hours for not so great pay as they got paid per survey completed. That's not really the environment where I want to work, plus the admin role would be extremely busy (a good thing) but the pay was dismal. $18/hr. The guy doing the interview said that they had trouble keeping someone in the position and if I was selected that I had to promise I would stay there long term. I actually said to him that the pay was a junior rate of pay and as it was a very busy position, that there would have to be a pay review after 3 months. He did not seem too happy about that at all... but come on. Honestly, not a place I want to work at anyway. No mind how desperate I am. I wouldn't stay there, I know I wouldn't. I'm a happy bubbly person and it would kill me being in an environment like that.

But anyway.. on the upside, I have an interview tomorrow and a phone interview on Thursday so it looks like things are starting to roll in. yay!! :)

Back