Skip to main content

Things You Hate & Stuff That Annoys You...

Interview update: The interview wasn't the best. Interviewed by two people. A man and woman. The man never shut up. LOVED the sound of his own voice & spoke over the top of me when I was trying to answer his questions. Like why ask if you don't want to hear the answer. The woman said nothing. Pretty sure she'd fallen asleep with her eyes open lol. The environment seemed very miserable. Lots of Indian people, which made me feel that they are after the cheapest labour possible. They sit there for hours just posting adverts and trying to get people to do surveys online. No-one even looked up when I walked through and when I got home I looked on Glassdoor and saw a lot of reviews that said former employees worked very long hours for not so great pay as they got paid per survey completed. That's not really the environment where I want to work, plus the admin role would be extremely busy (a good thing) but the pay was dismal. $18/hr. The guy doing the interview said that they had trouble keeping someone in the position and if I was selected that I had to promise I would stay there long term. I actually said to him that the pay was a junior rate of pay and as it was a very busy position, that there would have to be a pay review after 3 months. He did not seem too happy about that at all... but come on. Honestly, not a place I want to work at anyway. No mind how desperate I am. I wouldn't stay there, I know I wouldn't. I'm a happy bubbly person and it would kill me being in an environment like that.

But anyway.. on the upside, I have an interview tomorrow and a phone interview on Thursday so it looks like things are starting to roll in. yay!! :)
Shaydee, I work in Admin and there is no way I would work for friggen $18/ph. Those two dipshits that interviewed you and judging by what you have said, you would have eventually hated working for them if you got the position you applied for.

You are a bubbly person given by your posts written here and I hope that someone sees that in you and gives you a chance. Keep a positive attitude and don't be dismayed by those idiots who interviewed you.

I believe one door closes, another will open and you will find the job you like. Best of luck:thumbsup:

Interview update: The interview wasn't the best. Interviewed by two people. A man and woman. The man never shut up. LOVED the sound of his own voice & spoke over the top of me when I was trying to answer his questions. Like why ask if you don't want to hear the answer. The woman said nothing. Pretty sure she'd fallen asleep with her eyes open lol. The environment seemed very miserable. Lots of Indian people, which made me feel that they are after the cheapest labour possible. They sit there for hours just posting adverts and trying to get people to do surveys online. No-one even looked up when I walked through and when I got home I looked on Glassdoor and saw a lot of reviews that said former employees worked very long hours for not so great pay as they got paid per survey completed. That's not really the environment where I want to work, plus the admin role would be extremely busy (a good thing) but the pay was dismal. $18/hr. The guy doing the interview said that they had trouble keeping someone in the position and if I was selected that I had to promise I would stay there long term. I actually said to him that the pay was a junior rate of pay and as it was a very busy position, that there would have to be a pay review after 3 months. He did not seem too happy about that at all... but come on. Honestly, not a place I want to work at anyway. No mind how desperate I am. I wouldn't stay there, I know I wouldn't. I'm a happy bubbly person and it would kill me being in an environment like that.

But anyway.. on the upside, I have an interview tomorrow and a phone interview on Thursday so it looks like things are starting to roll in. yay!! :)

Yeah, that job does not sound like it was right for you. Good luck with your interviews! Break a leg!

life is too short for crappy jobs!

Shaydee, I work in Admin and there is no way I would work for friggen $18/ph. Those two dipshits that interviewed you and judging by what you have said, you would have eventually hated working for them if you got the position you applied for.

You are a bubbly person given by your posts written here and I hope that someone sees that in you and gives you a chance. Keep a positive attitude and don't be dismayed by those idiots who interviewed you.

I believe one door closes, another will open and you will find the job you like. Best of luck:thumbsup:

Yeah, that job does not sound like it was right for you. Good luck with your interviews! Break a leg!

life is too short for crappy jobs!

YEAH - I AGREE

Run for the Hills!!!!!!!!!! Good Luck with your new interviews :)

Thanks guys @GROOVER @delcan @Isee @hooleydooley :)

As expected I wasn't offered the admin job at the house of the walking dead. Obviously having a brain & speaking my truth didn't fit in with their culture :D however, I had a great interview for a part time medical admin job yesterday and will find out Friday. Supposed to have a phone interview today but they never called. Assholes! All good, onwards & upwards. The right one will come along.

Appreciate all your kind words. You guys rock :kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:

Rude people in Supermarkets/shops that don't say hello when you are about to be served. Looking grumpy and you just know they hate their job.

There is this shit of a chick where I buy my bread/rolls from the local bakery and she is the biggest misery guts going. I have to bite my tongue (very hard) and just try and be polite and say hello to her hoping oneday she will reciprocate.

I'm thinking she's not a morning person hence her shitty attitude (I get there early before work).

Rant over :p

What happened?
mmmmmmm Won't be posting to much about it all - but they are scum - They advised something, I Said different, I got better than their advice - In the end - I lost a heap - anyway - not as much as if I had taken the RE advice. All Good. Maybe a Grand tree can be purchased to enrich it, for my leftovers to be planted underneath.

I am now going to embrace the Buddist life and leave this fucked up, materialist world with nothing. Come get my leftover shit stuff. Let it weigh you down as much as it has me, and let me fly free of pain. I suppose that means I will not be posting online ...... if I can I will - someone might let me send a message via their data - maybe - just to let you all know it is OK to live in survival mode. I have enjoyed bouncing off you all. Thanks for that.

in relation to this thread - I think it says it all

LOVE SENT XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

mmmmmmm Won't be posting to much about it all - but they are scum - They advised something, I Said different, I got better than their advice - In the end - I lost a heap - anyway - not as much as if I had taken the RE advice. All Good. Maybe a Grand tree can be purchased to enrich it, for my leftovers to be planted underneath.

I am now going to embrace the Buddist life and leave this fucked up, materialist world with nothing. Come get my leftover shit stuff. Let it weigh you down as much as it has me, and let me fly free of pain. I suppose that means I will not be posting online ...... if I can I will - someone might let me send a message via their data - maybe - just to let you all know it is OK to live in survival mode. I have enjoyed bouncing off you all. Thanks for that.

Thinking of you hooley. I hope it all works out for you xo

@shaydee and @hooleydooley you are both deserving of much better karma coming your way - hopefully.
I will be over your way again in June, August, October, maybe we should meet up for a group hug:)Not June, that is a quickie

I have a repulsive family, I never knew quite how revolting some are until the crisis of my youngest brother dying and then my youngest sister will be lucky to make Christmas.

We may have to take out intervention orders! WTF, they ring my dying sister and abuse her or abuse me to her, or just ring direct and abuse me.
I actually had one sister ring me every night for a week abusing me for helping my ill sister and not HER, WHAT ABOUT MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

I have some nice cousins:)

Best wishes Hools, do take care.

@shaydee and @hooleydooley you are both deserving of much better karma coming your way - hopefully.
I will be over your way again in June, August, October, maybe we should meet up for a group hug:)Not June, that is a quickie

I have a repulsive family, I never knew quite how revolting some are until the crisis of my youngest brother dying and then my youngest sister will be lucky to make Christmas.

We may have to take out intervention orders! WTF, they ring my dying sister and abuse her or abuse me to her, or just ring direct and abuse me.
I actually had one sister ring me every night for a week abusing me for helping my ill sister and not HER, WHAT ABOUT MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

I have some nice cousins:)

I work with a lot of "families". Unfortunately, your situation is not unusual. Keep doing what you are doing, because you are following your heart. Try to ignore the negativity, there is nothing wrong with caring for your sister. You are doing what is right for you. I hope common sense prevails xoxo

Spam emails telling me my PayPal account has been frozen/deleted/had suspicious unauthorised recent activity.

Printers.
Mono laser printers for home use are fine. It was always inkjets that gave me the shits with their blocked printheads and shitty printouts. You would just want to print one page of text nicely but end up spending 30 minutes running print cleaning routines just to get it.

Back