Skip to main content

Things You Hate & Stuff That Annoys You...

OK now I am worried at 12.06am every morning/night my TV Drops out. Been Happening for a while now.

It is that Exact time. Every time. I come home from work, wanting to catch up with local news - no go :(

12.06 WTH

Today walking to work, came across two people walking towards me, walking in the middle of the footpath and no sign of them moving over to their left so had to walk on the grass area to get around them. Grrr fecking move over you dickwads:madd: it's common sense to stay to your left?

End of rant :p

Today walking to work, came across two people walking towards me, walking in the middle of the footpath and no sign of them moving over to their left so had to walk on the grass area to get around them. Grrr fecking move over you dickwads:madd: it's common sense to stay to your left?

I happily walk through anyone who thinks walking two abreast is a right or is preoccupied with their phone.

I happily walk through anyone who thinks walking two abreast is a right or is preoccupied with their phone.
Oh that's another thing that gives me the shits. Having to dodge people with their heads down texting or playing games on their mobiles and not looking where they are walking.

Might do a "Witty" but bump into them on purpose instead. ;)

Haha, that drives me nuts. I saw a woman with her two teens the other day and one of them was in the middle and almost ran into me. She then completely ripped into him about staying left. I wanted to give her a high-five.

LOL. Sometimes I stop and stand my ground while eyeballing them with a look of disdain to see what they will do. Then they have the absolute audacity to give me an odd look as if to say 'wtf are you doing standing there staring at me like that?'

I mean the cheek of it, I say!!! :biggrin:

Haha, that drives me nuts. I saw a woman with her two teens the other day and one of them was in the middle and almost ran into me. She then completely ripped into him about staying left. I wanted to give her a high-five.

Parenting. She's doing it right. I will not move for head down phone texters even if it means I knock into them. I went to the local shopping centre the other day for the first time in ages and the amount of women pushing prams or trolleys with kids in them with their heads down on facebook or some shizz... it was a minefield. I seriously just GTFO there. Soon they're gonna have to invent trolleys and prams that latch onto a track so it can just go to that store. Bit like a scalextric kinda track. Put the phone down & look up you morons!

Things that annoy me this week:
Politics in this country-ANC and Jacob freaking Zuma
Ants
Vagrants..oh wait we have to call them displaced people

I would have told her to ditch the teens (send the bad one home and the good one to the movies ) and shouted her a bevvy of her choice at the nearest pub :p

Parenting. She's doing it right. I will not move for head down phone texters even if it means I knock into them. I went to the local shopping centre the other day for the first time in ages and the amount of women pushing prams or trolleys with kids in them with their heads down on facebook or some shizz... it was a minefield. I seriously just GTFO there. Soon they're gonna have to invent trolleys and prams that latch onto a track so it can just go to that store. Bit like a scalextric kinda track. Put the phone down & look up you morons!
Hahaha love the trolley and prams onto a track idea @shaydee :roflmao::thumbsup:

When 'someone' calls you at work because THEY can't find something of THEIRS that they lost. You tell them you haven't touched it, and can't look for it because you're at work so they hang up on you. So annoying.

Still looking for a job. It's been 5 months now & it's so depressing. The job market in Perth is horrendous. I've had numerous interviews at different Coles which i've been turned down for, for being over qualified. I send out at least 10 job applications a day in my chosen field (admin/reception/project admin) and am barely hearing anything back. I did have an interview 3 weeks ago but got told that I didn't get the position due to the distance I lived from the job. She told me that they really liked me in the interview, that there was over 300 applicants for the job & they only interviewed 4 people. I have called up nearly every recruitment place, they are not interested as right now there is a glut of job seekers over here so they don't have to 'recruit'. One advert and there's 200 people applying.

I did pay to have my resume done and even though that has got me more replies & acknowledgements, it's still so hard out there. I've never ever known it like this before here in Perth.

:arghh:

people who press the pedestrian button but cross before the green man signal, leaving cars having to wait until the light turns green. i mean why press the button if you were going to cross anyway?

also nazis....and zombies.

Still looking for a job. It's been 5 months now & it's so depressing. The job market in Perth is horrendous. I've had numerous interviews at different Coles which i've been turned down for, for being over qualified. I send out at least 10 job applications a day in my chosen field (admin/reception/project admin) and am barely hearing anything back. I did have an interview 3 weeks ago but got told that I didn't get the position due to the distance I lived from the job. She told me that they really liked me in the interview, that there was over 300 applicants for the job & they only interviewed 4 people. I have called up nearly every recruitment place, they are not interested as right now there is a glut of job seekers over here so they don't have to 'recruit'. One advert and there's 200 people applying.

I did pay to have my resume done and even though that has got me more replies & acknowledgements, it's still so hard out there. I've never ever known it like this before here in Perth.

I'm sorry - that is really frustrating. I don't know what you can do about that - sometimes it's more about who you know, rather than what you know. I don't understand why distance from a job would be an issue, because it sounds like you are willing to be flexible. It's really depressing being unemployed - have you looked at doing other studies at all? Not that is necessarily going to help the employment situation but it is brain stimulation. Maybe look at volunteering? You might meet someone who knows the right people?

oh I have been there before - I feel your pain. I have just got a job after moving state, but took 3 months - I have also had 18 months unemployment and then went back to study though during the GFC (Tough when I had a degree and had been in a management job) I work for a place that does have sites in perth, so i will let you know if anything is available out that way that i see.

I'm sorry - that is really frustrating. I don't know what you can do about that - sometimes it's more about who you know, rather than what you know. I don't understand why distance from a job would be an issue, because it sounds like you are willing to be flexible. It's really depressing being unemployed - have you looked at doing other studies at all? Not that is necessarily going to help the employment situation but it is brain stimulation. Maybe look at volunteering? You might meet someone who knows the right people?

Thanks heaps @delcan :) it is really frustrating. I have tried all my friends & network of people but there just isn't anything going where they are. I did have some good luck today though and actually got a call for an interview for next week. Just that one phone call makes the endless hours of sending job applications worth it. Just when you feel like giving up.. (but I wouldn't have any way because if you don't apply, you don't get).. out comes a little ray of hope!! I actually can't afford to study right now, if I had a job I would be able to pay for it but as i'm getting no assistance from the govt, I just can't afford to outlay any $ without any $ coming in... catch 22!!!

Funnily enough I called up the local animal shelter this morning and am heading in there tomorrow to see how/if I can help out. I don't mind cleaning out kennels or kitty litter. I love animals and just getting out of the house & feeling like i'm actually doing something productive will no doubt help :)[DOUBLEPOST=1462888449][/DOUBLEPOST]
oh I have been there before - I feel your pain. I have just got a job after moving state, but took 3 months - I have also had 18 months unemployment and then went back to study though during the GFC (Tough when I had a degree and had been in a management job) I work for a place that does have sites in perth, so i will let you know if anything is available out that way that i see.

Urghh it sucks doesn't it. But hey.. thank you so much. I really really appreciate it. More than you know :)

Thanks heaps @delcan :) it is really frustrating. I have tried all my friends & network of people but there just isn't anything going where they are. I did have some good luck today though and actually got a call for an interview for next week. Just that one phone call makes the endless hours of sending job applications worth it. Just when you feel like giving up.. (but I wouldn't have any way because if you don't apply, you don't get).. out comes a little ray of hope!! I actually can't afford to study right now, if I had a job I would be able to pay for it but as i'm getting no assistance from the govt, I just can't afford to outlay any $ without any $ coming in... catch 22!!!

Funnily enough I called up the local animal shelter this morning and am heading in there tomorrow to see how/if I can help out. I don't mind cleaning out kennels or kitty litter. I love animals and just getting out of the house & feeling like i'm actually doing something productive will no doubt help :)[DOUBLEPOST=1462888449][/DOUBLEPOST]

Urghh it sucks doesn't it. But hey.. thank you so much. I really really appreciate it. More than you know :)
good luck with the interview!

Back