Skip to main content

Things that scare you?

I needed cheering up! Thank you sticky. (I do hope the pain is easing)

I needed cheering up! Thank you sticky. (I do hope the pain is easing)

...lol!... I'm happy that I cheered you up qtkt... it's more like a mild sting now with a little itch to keep it company... I guess it'll' be alright by the time I go to bed... (plus... I may have to invest in a couple of rum toddy's to lull me into a nice slumber methinks lol!)... thanks for your concern... cheers.

OH MY GOSH @Mr Stickyfingers what an ordeal! Haha. What a crafty little bugger.
I can imagine the pain. That general region can be a little sensitive. I was once applying dencorub to my thigh muscle and was wearing 'loose' fitting boxers. A slight brush up against my right side boy and wowsers. The pain was excruciatingly intense. Lol! Lol!

...this eye opener really does scare me... it really does... from this website...

http://list25.com/25-unexpected-things-that-are-dirtier-than-your-toilet/

...here is the link to the video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annota...&feature=iv&src_vid=_OIHRh6dto8&v=-RuZcdA9GXg

...check this out... now you'll understand why I'm scared... cheers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

25 Unexpected Things That Are Dirtier Than Your Toilet

It seems that the toilet has gotten a bad rap. We all shun it as the dirtiest part of the house when in reality there are a lot of supposedly clean places that are exponentially filthier. These are 25 unexpected things that are dirtier than your toilet.

Ice

25-610x360.jpg

A study of fast food restaurants in the US found that 70% of the ice served had more bacteria than the toilet water.

Restrooom floors

24-610x360.jpg

No real surprise here. Public restrooms have about 2 million bacteria per square inch. The average toilet seat has only 50 per square inch.

Office desks

23-610x360.jpg

The average desk has 400 times more bacteria than a toilet.

Keyboards

22-610x360.jpg

Keyboards can have up to 200 times more bacteria than a toilet seat.

Cellphones

21-610x360.jpg

Our mobile devices can have 10 times more bacteria than toilet seats…and they’re always touching our faces. Would you wipe the inside of your toilet bowl with your cheek?

Restaurant menus

20-610x360.jpg

There are on average 100 times more bacteria on restaurant menus than on restroom toilet seat.

Chopping boards

19-610x360.jpg

These babies actually have a lot more poop smeared on them than your toilet does. Raw meat apparently carries a very high level of fecal bacteria.

Toothbrushes

18-610x360.jpg

When you flush your toilet the germs can travel up to 6 feet and linger for up to 2 hours. A lot of them end up on toothbrushes. So how is your toilet cleaner than your brush if that’s where the germs come from? Stick around to find out!

Carpets

17-610x360.jpg

With 200,000 bacteria per square inch, carpets are 4,000 times dirtier than a toilet seat. Humans shed 1.5 million skin cells every hour which helps feed the bacteria in carpets.

Refrigerator

16-610x360.jpg

Most fridges test positive for E coli.

Reusable shopping bags

15-610x360.jpg

Your reusable shopping bags have more fecal matter than your underwear because you at least wash that.

TV remote control

14-610x360.jpg

In many households this is one of the dirtiest items you can handle.

Door knobs

13-610x360.jpg

Hands are one of the dirtiest parts of the body, and most people use them to open their doors.

Light swtich

12-610x360.jpg

These can have up to 217 bacteria per square inch.

Kitchen sink

11-610x360.jpg

Forget the toilet, TODAY reported not long ago how your sink could easily be dirtier than your entire bathroom.

It seems that the toilet has gotten a bad rap. We all shun it as the dirtiest part of the house when in reality there are a lot of supposedly clean places that are exponentially filthier. These are 25 unexpected things that are dirtier than your toilet.

Bathtub

10-610x360.jpg

The place you go to get clean may not be the first place you think of when you consider bacteria but the area around the drain can have up to 19,468 bacteria per square inch.

Pillow

9-610x360.jpg

Dead skins cells, dust mites, fungal spores, pollens, and other body secretions are all floating around in the place you stick your head at night.

Mattress

8-610x360.jpg

Did you know that after 10 years your mattress will nearly double in weight thanks to the number of dust mites and dust mite poop that it has collected?

Pet food bowl

7-610x360.jpg

EDIT:... being that you can only post so many images in one post the rest is continued in the next post... cheers.

...here is the second half to continue the article... cheers.

Money

6-610x360.jpg

Bank notes can have up to 200,000 bacteria. It’s a good idea to wash your hands after directly handling cash.

Draperies

5-610x360.jpg

Magnets for pet fur, mold, dander, debris, and dust mites, these things just sit there unsuspectingly soaking it all up.

Showerheads

4-610x360.jpg

You’d think the water coming out of the spicket designed to clean your body would actually be clean right? Well apparently the warm, dark, and moist insides of shower heads are perfect breeding grounds for bacteria

Handbag

3-610x360.jpg

Notoriously dirty, they usually contain your phone, money, and other things that after reading this list should give you an idea of why you want to clean your handbag.

Kitchen sponges

2-610x360.jpg

In nearly every part of the world this is notoriously the dirtiest thing in the house. With 10 million bacteria per square inch your kitchen sponge is nearly a quarter of a million times dirtier than your toilet seat. Having absorbed the fecal matter of everything from humans to cows as well as a multitude of other much more terrifying bacteria we would highly recommend that you change your sponge…like right now.

So how is the toilet so clean?
1-610x360.jpg

It’s pretty simple really…we actually clean the toilet. Because we generally think of the toilet as being dirty we clean it with all sorts of chemicals. Toothbrushes, kitchen sponges, and cell phones on the other hand are cleaned rarely, if at all.

Back