Failure.

Regret.

Rejection.

Hardship.

Abandonment.

Loss.

Loneliness.

Emptiness.
Dude I think we're talking about phobias here, that post looks like it belongs on tumblr.
Also you left the door open and DS got in.

I have a fear of small spaces:eek::eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be startled as anyone if i woke up with one on my face, but no... I'm not scared if them...

You would be startled? I would have screamed the house down, evacuated and showered with the hose outside! I would have called my dad to come and kill it and see if there are any others! Yes I'm a wuss!

DS?? :confused: Dog shit?
Derspatz

LOL at dog shit though.

This is not so much as a phobia but it was fucking scary - I've been watching too many episodes of Walking Dead (I haven't contributed to the thread cause I'm only up to season 2).
Anyway in my dream last night there were zombies...in front of my clinic...I managed to close and lock the door before one got in...looking like a fat old lady.

I think I'll have a break from watching eps back to back!!

...christmas beetles... cockroaches and... you're not going to believe this... snails and slugs... yeah I know... I'm a big girly man aren't I?... lol!... it's true though...

...when I was about 15 I jumped from the high dive board at a swimming pool and I touched the bottom of the pool at the deep-end and when I swam to the surface and took a deep breath of air a christmas beetle flew straight into my mouth down to the back of my throat... I could feel him slowly crawling down into my stomach from my throat... eventually it stopped struggling... I guessed that it had got to my stomach juices and died from the acid within it...

...I've actually had a cockroach fall onto my face from an air-conditioner that was above the bed of a crappy old Motel that I stayed at once... hence the hatred and fear of those little shits...

...slugs and snails you ask?... their sliminess freaks me out... seeing snail and slug trails throughout the garden makes me want to vomit... seriously... if I'm in the garden and accidentally touch one of them I have to go inside and scrub my hands clean about 20 times before I stop freaking out about it... then I go back with a bottle of salt... pour it on then and walk away... erggggggg!!!!... (I'm shuddering just thinking about all of the above)...

...well there you go... proof that I'm a wussy big girly man!... lol!... cheers.

...//////NEWSFLASH\\\\\\... can you effing believe it?... it's not happened to me for a least 2 years or more but... I was outside and had to move 6 pieces of bush rock and hadn't put gloves on because there was only 6 pieces to move after all... as I went to move the second last rock I picked it up and a big leopard slug (the one with the spots) got squished between my fingers!!!!!!!!!!... probably 32 hand washes later....

...I feel ill!... god I hate those things!... posting this fear of mine last night must've been bad karma... it hasn't happened for all that time and it happened today... un-bloody-believable... I'm gonna wash my friggin hands again... disgusting things... cheers.:mad:

...by the way... yes... I did get the bottle of salt...

Eww yucky poo, I do love salting slugs. I have no pity for any wildlife that enters MY DOMAIN, ie home.

My current fear - the plight of females around this world. It is a terrifying world for women.
Nigeria - far out those 100 plus stolen little girls and gangsters gloating about selling 9 year olds.
And this happens all the time in Africa, Girls schools are attacked, OMG and they kill themselves in panic.

Cruelty to women is so widespread. It is depressing.

In our communities - the outrageous public murders of women here.

Do males even comprehend how life is for women? I know my ex never got that I couldn't meet him in certain places without danger or creepiness - until I trained him.

...it's just not my week... I explained above to you all in an earlier post about one of my main fears becoming reality with slugzilla being squished between my fingers out in my garden while moving some bush rock and then having to wash my hands about 4000 times until that ill feeling left me... well... I was back outside in the same area and had to move about 2 ton of soil piled in a mound that had been there for about a year so the soil was quite compact to say the least...

... I was wearing track pants while using a pick-axe and a spade to break the mound up to spread it out all over the whole yard to flatten it all out... there was a huge ants nest within it as I soon found out... they all went crazy and started dancing around as if they were listening to 'Adam Ant' singing 'Ant Music'... I had them all crawling onto my track shoes and then up my track pants... then I was dancing along to 'Adam Ant' singing 'Ant Music' in my mind with them...

...they were those tiny black ants that you see every day... the story doesn't end there...

...some of those little buggers didn't fall of my clothing as I was dancing along with them to 'Ant music'...some were biting my hands... one bit me on the back of my neck!... I couldn't believe that they were still able to hang on to me while I was dancing along so frantically to 'Ant Music'... man they can hang on those little buggers... but the story doesn't end there...

...about 15 minutes later... after I had finished destroying their ant mound... (while still raking them across the entire yard)... I felt an almighty excruciating pain on my... right nut!... yep!... under my right boy!... I immediately ran around to the side of my house out of view to anyone then pulled open my trackies and undies and looked down to around where the pain was... one of those little buggers had bitten my boy!!!!!!... he looked like he was just about dead as I flicked him away... (I swear that the little mongrel was laughing and smiling at what he had done)...

...how the hell did he find his way there?... I mean seriously... he must have been on an almighty mission of revenge or something... he has somehow managed to hang on all that time during the 'Ant Music' dance-off... navigated his way up through the either the elastic gather at my ankles or the tied cord on my waist and continued his mission of revenge!... he then had to squeeze his nasty pincer-jawed body through the elastic of my undies to attack my poor delicate boy!...

...that little guy got through all of those obstacles to achieve his bloody mission... but the story doesn't end there...

...when my sweet darling wife got home from bingo she could see that I was pissed off about something and she cautiously asked me what had happened... when I explained the episode to her I could detect a stifled laugh within her with a hint of a snigger I swear... but being the sweet lady that she is she didn't actually laugh at my plight... the story doesn't end there either...

...I could feel where I was bitten but because it was totally under my boy... (the right one remember)... I couldn't see it... so then I had to ask her to take a look at it... she said... "I can see where it is all red"... so then I had to request that she rub some sort of ointment from the bathroom cabinet onto it on my behalf... she gave me the 'are-you-serious' look that I know all so well... but because she is such a wonderful gorgeous woman she applied it for me...

... now... although I found it to be strangely erotic that she was doing this for me you have to remember that I was still in quite a lot of pain so the experience wasn't as good as it sounds... the fact that she didn't actually laugh at my plight gave me some sort of comfort in itself...

...we went out for a meal tonight to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and while I was eating my spare ribs I was doing so in discomfort during the whole meal but because the food was so excellent I kind of forgot about my plight... as I'm sitting here now I can tell you that there is a stinging sensation all the time but my boy isn't swelling up so I'll just have to toughen the f@*# up and coast through it I guess lol!... (I know... waaaaaaaay too much information right?)...

...anyhow folks... I hope that my post wasn't too detailed and graphic but I felt that I needed to share it with somebody...

...you know what?... I still can't believe the determination of that little guy... if I hadn't flicked him away in my anger I think that I would've kept him as a little pet in a mini ant farm or something to remind not to ever give up on something that you're trying to achieve... hmmm... I might Google 'Youtube' and look up 'Ant Music' by Adam and the Ants... I can't get that tune out of my bloody head now!... cheers.

EDIT: I just thought that I'd share...

Last edited:
Back