Skip to main content

Things that scare you?

Ever since I saw the episode of Great Mysteries of the World, narrated by Leonard Nimoy, a little too young the idea of the elephant Man has freaked me out. Imagining him looking into my eyes, and him seeing my pity and horror there... or being him... creeps me out. More than anything else.

Jesus bleeding bug catcher. That is the *new* scariest thing I've ever seen!!

It used to cut my parents hedge in summer and it was my number one fear to come across these. The hedge would be left half cut for weeks sometimes if I couldn't muster the nerve to go back.

One time I chopped one in half and for 3-5 seconds each 'half' scampered off in different directions. My adult brain tells me it was just nerve spasms but the fear and disgust of that moment has never left me........BLEUGH

I'm scared of all creepies. Probably spiders most of all.

Thunder and lightening. I try not to drive when we have it, because my instincts make me want to recoil, close my eyes, and put my fingers in my ears.

Motorway driving. Too many speeding, tail-gating nutters on the roads. ( And maybe others like me ..... see above.)

Heights.

Prawns. Even frozen ones. Pink, fat and horrible. They scare me as much as bananas scare Ed.

Scary films.

Energy bills. Risen 24% in the past 4 years.

Jellyfish.

And loads of other things. I am a wimp. :D

I'm scared of all creepies. Probably spiders most of all.

Thunder and lightening. I try not to drive when we have it, because my instincts make me want to recoil, close my eyes, and put my fingers in my ears.

Motorway driving. Too many speeding, tail-gating nutters on the roads. ( And maybe others like me ..... see above.)

Heights.

Prawns. Even frozen ones. Pink, fat and horrible. They scare me as much as bananas scare Ed.

Scary films.

Energy bills. Risen 24% in the past 4 years.

Jellyfish.

And loads of other things. I am a wimp. :D

Sounds quite scary in your world ....literally :p

The basics likes Mice, Cockroaches and Spiders. I can't handle mice but my cats take care of them sometimes... We had a mice plague a few years ago and my cats were my lookouts.

I always feel jumpy after I've killed a big cockroach or spider. I'm getting used to spiders though and haven't had a cockroach for awhile (*touch wood*).

I'm terrified of moths. The little ones I can handle being inside, but the bigger they are the more afraid I become. I'll use alternate doors to get into the house if there is a big one at my door.

If I watch a movie with an invisible demon or something (like Paranormal Activity) then I get scared I have evil things in my house that I can't see. I get extra scared when my cats stare into the distance at nothing :p

It used to cut my parents hedge in summer and it was my number one fear to come across these. The hedge would be left half cut for weeks sometimes if I couldn't muster the nerve to go back.

One time I chopped one in half and for 3-5 seconds each 'half' scampered off in different directions. My adult brain tells me it was just nerve spasms but the fear and disgust of that moment has never left me........BLEUGH
I would need therapy. Full stop. I wouldn't leave the house without a bee keepers outfit on. It would be in a fetching shade of sea foam green, though.

Rivers/lakes/dams - are nice, but I never want to find out what is in there or touch the creepy bottom. Unless the water is clear and the bottom is sandy.
The ocean and pools are for swimming.
Those other mysterious bodies of water look nice but I don't want to be in them. I don't want to experience leeches and eels and slime and mud, and all the creepy stuff

thought about this. spiders scare the sh.t out of me .and the thought of anymore of my grandchildren dieing or my children before I do scare me more than anything else in the world can scare me.

I'm scared of some minor things, like bugs in general.

But I hate the thought of open ocean and being stranded in the middle of it. I don't like the ocean in general (soooo many freaky looking things down there), but the beach is ok.

I'm not scared of insects or reptiles at all really. I mean I have a healthy respect for the ones that could kill me, but I'm not scared of them.

The ocean on the other hand. My biggest fear is being on a boat and it sinking. I can swim at the beach, even out of my depth and sailing in the bay on our yacht is fine, it's just big boats out in the open ocean, although that submarine in Circular Quay almost gave me a panic attack. Sea life in general doesn't scare me. On the same note I also don't like big container like ships, they kinda scare me, and shipwrecks, especially ones on beaches. This may stem form watching Titanic when I was only 7.

I'm not scared of insects or reptiles at all really. I mean I have a healthy respect for the ones that could kill me, but I'm not scared of them.

The ocean on the other hand. My biggest fear is being on a boat and it sinking. I can swim at the beach, even out of my depth and sailing in the bay on our yacht is fine, it's just big boats out in the open ocean, although that submarine in Circular Quay almost gave me a panic attack. Sea life in general doesn't scare me. On the same note I also don't like big container like ships, they kinda scare me, and shipwrecks, especially ones on beaches. This may stem form watching Titanic when I was only 7.

My step-father used to sail catamarans..those little ones and anyways he was partaking in a competition in Durban and I was supposed to go with him,luckily I ended up with a ear infection and could not go.His boat capsized over the shark net and can't remember what happened to it but he was over the shark nets and had to swim for it,got picked up by a helicopter..Boy am I glad to have gotten sick that would have been my worst nightmare

I don't really mind anything that's alive - insects, animals, birds, reptiles. All good. Some people scare the shit out of me, though; and I'm scared of weapons and heights.

Uncertainty.

Expectations.

Failure.

Regret.

Rejection.

Hardship.

Abandonment.

Loss.

Loneliness.

Emptiness.

greenazism

[youtubevid]-esLrrqGKkE[/youtubevid]

[youtubevid]kmoZHERPYL8[/youtubevid]

In short, what scares me is the extreme left-ardism / totalitarianism / nazism subscribed to by environtologists / members of the Church of Environtology.

regarDS

Back