Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

I wish that some premiers/politicians would stop with the schoolyard antics and political point scoring and get on with looking after their people as best as they can. Twenty twenty hindsight is a wonderful thing but it's not helpful when you're in the middle of a health crisis. It's been said before..as Australians we should all be helping each other and not bickering about who is handling this better and so and so should have done this and not that. No one in this pandemic has handled things perfectly and therefore no one has the right to criticize anyone else.

I have no doubt that these times are 'challenging' (as Dan Andrews is so fond of saying) but finger pointing and point scoring is not doing anything to help.

It's a fine line. Through a lot of this people have been making decisions when the ability to make "the correct" choice was not available. Just hope you're making the correct decision. With a huge element of luck. Especially last year. Although now we're in a situation where we can clearly see wrong decisions being made.

Lack of securing vaccinations.
Lack of proper quarantine.
Lack of proper lockdowns.

These go above and beyond just trying to do what you think is the best course of action with insufficient knowledge.

Then when it comes to point-scoring. How does one not justify strict lockdowns without pointing to the mess that is Sydney's lockdown? Maybe not directly address it, but it will always be pointed to if not named directly.

It's a fine line. Through a lot of this people have been making decisions when the ability to make "the correct" choice was not available. Just hope you're making the correct decision. With a huge element of luck. Especially last year. Although now we're in a situation where we can clearly see wrong decisions being made.

Lack of securing vaccinations.
Lack of proper quarantine.
Lack of proper lockdowns.

These go above and beyond just trying to do what you think is the best course of action with insufficient knowledge.

Then when it comes to point-scoring. How does one not justify strict lockdowns without pointing to the mess that is Sydney's lockdown? Maybe not directly address it, but it will always be pointed to if not named directly.
yes this has made me wonder how do the premiers learn from each other and try and make the best choices each time something crops up, without it seeming like they are point scoring against other premiers and states? Even if they try not to directly address something the media asks directed questions that they then have to answer pitting one against the other, and they can do the best to try and dodge a response but it will still get twisted into a story anyway. The media actually has a lot to answer for when it comes to stirring the pot.

Here's an idea: Offer all those protesters a free trip to Bali. One way. No return. :facepalm:

Well sadly if just a couple of the protesters in Sydney were infectious with COVID-19 who knows how many of them will develop symptoms in the next few days, and as Gladys mentioned the other day they will go home and also infect their loved ones and some may possibly die from this virus. Very sad and stupid protesters indeed.

Here's an idea: Offer all those protesters a free trip to Bali. One way. No return. :facepalm:
Harsh. But i hardly wish that upon the balinese.
Alcatraz could be an option. Utilise the museum showpiece as an internment for the terminally stupid. Got history too.
And then see US muh freedum fighters storm alcatraz. Oh oh. the irony.
Sorrry. I have a twisted mind.

From Sydney protests in the weekend
View attachment 57134

The thing that makes me laugh with these fuckwitts, is they don't want to follow the Governments rules and advice, but will be first in line for handouts when the Government is offering support payments and assistance.

You don't want to follow the Governments health orders, fine. But don't:

- Ask for Police assistance when you need it, that's a Government Service.
- Send your kids to a public school with public teachers, that's a Government Service.
- Go to your GP when you're unwell, that's a Government Service.
- Line up for welfare or unemployment benefits, that's a Government Service.
- Drive on a motorway to get to your next rally or protest, that's a Government Service.
- Go to a public hospital when you catch COVID, that's a Government Service.

People are happy to take from the Government when it benefits them, but when something is asked of them in return, those same people want to revolt and protest. This lockdown fucking sucks. It has been handled poorly, and people are suffering. But you know what won't end it earlier? Protesting in the middle of the fucking city, spreading the virus around to your other anti vax, tin foil hat wearing, facebook medical degree qualified mates.

Fuck off. Shut up. Stay Home.
Simple.

COVID is making me stupid.
Went out for the first time tonight (in mask) and bought a Vietnamese roll (combination, no coriander or chilli) , spring roll and can of Coke.
But I forgot to wait for the roll and left immediately with the spring roll and Coke.
I went back after going home, and they still had my roll there, so no damage done in the long-term, and I still have my tea.

COVID is making me stupid.
Went out for the first time tonight (in mask) and bought a Vietnamese roll (combination, no coriander or chilli) , spring roll and can of Coke.
But I forgot to wait for the roll and left immediately with the spring roll and Coke.
I went back after going home, and they still had my roll there, so no damage done in the long-term, and I still have my tea.
I have a theory based on talking with a few people and my own experiences regarding mask brain fog where wearing a mask especially when you are not used to it makes your brain struggle to concentrate and silly things happen. I would imagine that goes away with regular mask wearing? Pleased you didn't go hungry and believe me you are not the only one to do stupid things with a mask on.

Meh - I still hear tit-for-tat in the article, even though it concedes that they didn't truly lock-down early enough. :rolleyes:

Tit-for-tat from a 'journalist' is a bit different to the tit-for-tat we've been seeing from the Premiers for the past 18 months.
I'm less accepting of it from 'leaders'.

I just find the stats interesting.

Back