Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

I'm in desperate need of a haircut, and we've still got minimum 4 weeks to go.
Sydney is going to look like a bloody MESS over the next few months.

@February if you open up an illegal underground salon, I won't tell ;)

I'm in desperate need of a haircut, and we've still got minimum 4 weeks to go.
Sydney is going to look like a bloody MESS over the next few months.

@February if you open up an illegal underground salon, I won't tell ;)
🤭
So many of my clients are calling me to ask what I recommend they buy from the chemist to do their roots.
I hate to think what I'm going to be facing to fix up!

Okay, I've got a rant!
Going into 6 weeks with no income. Having still had to pay rent for the seat I rent at the salon up until last week, when the girl who owns the salon decided, now she had applied for the Covid19 Disaster Grant, she'll not take rent off me for however long it takes to get back to work.
I applied for the Micro-business Payment for sole traders and have still had nothing. Yet they keep saying on the TV that they are are looking after all those who are in lockdown areas and are not allowed to work.
One of the other girls who also rents at the salon has now had an email from Services NSW wanting MORE evidence. They're trying to make it as hard as they can to make you give up.
Meanwhile, my application is still "in progress", and has been for over a week, when they stated it'd be 5 days.
I'm waiting for the dreaded email and have to upload all my 2019/2020 bank statements, and a letter from my accountant, when I have already uploaded my 2019/2020 tax return. It's a disgrace!
Also, the salon owner has received nothing as yet!

Typical Service NSW! Pretending that they’re dishing out all this money to help people, however the actual process of applying and getting the money is so stringent, barely anyone will actually get it.

So snow bunnies are allowed back on the slopes...and they've arrived in droves...great for business. The problem is that a good majority of them think masks are a joke and they don't have to wear them and when questioned become abusive. What is wrong with some people?

...And now I have had the same email. They want my Bank Statements and a letter from my accountant. And after I sent my statements, I notice it said, they can't be from a personal account. They have to be from a business account.
For the years I have worked for myself, I've never had a business account, all my banking, as a sole trader, has been from my St. George personal account. SO, I'm sure that'll be the excuse they manage to use piss me off!
Even though in those statements, there is evidence of my clients transfers being paid into my account, and my salon rent and bills coming out of it.

Last edited:
And I now have had another email, knocking my application back as they won't accept statements from a non business account. This it totally fucked up!

How come, after 20 years as a sole trader, the ATO has never told me I need a business account? They're quite happy taking my taxpayment's from my personal account
Yet all the tax dodgers and major businesses are getting their benefits!

And I now have had another email, knocking my application back as they won't accept statements from a non business account. This it totally fucked up!

How come, after 20 years as a sole trader, the ATO has never told me I need a business account? They're quite happy taking my taxpayment's from my personal account
Yet all the tax dodgers and major businesses are getting their benefits!

Feb call your accountant. He /she can prove your loss/downturn of income. It doesn't have anything to do with what sort of bank account you have according to my husband.

Reactions: kxk
Feb call your accountant. He /she can prove your loss/downturn of income. It doesn't have anything to do with what sort of bank account you have according to my husband.
I emailed him with all the correspondence - in fact I flooded his inbox with it all. He's going to wonder what happened when he goes to work on Monday.
I found this and sent it to ServicesNSW on my reply email after they knocked me back, and asked what this was all about if they say I do have to have a business account.
sole trader3.jpg

🤭
So many of my clients are calling me to ask what I recommend they buy from the chemist to do their roots.
I hate to think what I'm going to be facing to fix up!

What do you recommend?
Have found L’Oréal to be the very best box dye, for roots and grey coverage
Expensive. tho, so get cheaper stuff sometimes

And what in between cover-up solution?
Tried stick things and sprays, they cover well but make hair feel like straw
My hair grows really fast so I to dye roots every month at least
But, with my broken left hand have mostly been using hats
Tried dying once, too hard

Would like to get my hair a lighter brown, needs to be done by a salon
Have learnt how to cut my own hair during Covid

Very important stat in this video that I hadn’t heard before: 1 hotel quarantine breach per 44 infected travellers.

What do you recommend?
Have found L’Oréal to be the very best box dye, for roots and grey coverage
Expensive. tho, so get cheaper stuff sometimes

And what in between cover-up solution?
Tried stick things and sprays, they cover well but make hair feel like straw
My hair grows really fast so I to dye roots every month at least
But, with my broken left hand have mostly been using hats
Tried dying once, too hard

Would like to get my hair a lighter brown, needs to be done by a salon
Have learnt how to cut my own hair during Covid
L'Oréal Preference is the one I've been recommending to my clients, as it does cover grey well. For those who just want to blend a few greys in, L'Oréal Castings, as that's more of a semi-permanent and they can't do anything too drastic.
I've heard the shelves have been ravaged of hair colour now, too!
It's a good job it's winter, as hat would do the job nicely!
In between cover ups, Priceline and Chemist Warehouse have colour sticks, like a crayon. Or there are sprays to cover the roots. Again something that can be used without anything going drastically wrong. I don't like the feel of the cover sticks or spray either. There's also one like a powder you brush on. It's like an eye-shadow box.
Good luck.

Reactions: kxk

Hope it becomes permanent.
It annoys me that the AppleTV Youtube app didn't allow blocking SkyNews recommendations. Now I won't have them cluttering recommendations - for a while, anyhow. :rolleyes:

EDIT - Still appears to be available 🤔

EDIT 2: 1 week suspension of NEW UPLOADS :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I get nsw and vic health ministers confused, they look almost the same
Are they related?

Gladys is contradicting herself again

And hey glad, contrary to your sweeping statements...ie “nobody anywhere in the world has managed to control, defeat, delta...”
Ahmm....is Dan just nobody to you? Victoria exists even if you prefer to forget😀
Stay safe nsw people
I would be have a mask stuck on, plus a plastic shield thing, and very rarely opening my front door

Back