Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

...This article states a Bunnings in western Sydney, and a plant nursery in Sydney’s south, are among the newly announced exposure sites.

Which would kind of indicate that keeping them open will assist the virus to continue spreading, extending the current lockdown. :rolleyes:

I think Bunn8ngs is essential in as far as having something to fix, do, work on in lockdown.

Yes fair enough, but from the news reports I read from Sydney any repair work on residential premises has been banned during this lockdown, also construction had grind to a halt over there? So why the hell is Bunnings still open to the general public over there in Sydney during this lockdown? It should be closed immediately and converted into "click and collect" trading only. Along with Officeworks if they are still open to the general public over there. If you need items urgently "click and collect" is always available.

Another 2 LGA’s locked down, all out west again. One has no community transmission, but locking it down as a ‘precaution’. But didn’t bother locking down the Eastern Suburbs when this thing started? The double standards are ridiculous.

Just take a look at Bondi everyday. Full of people without masks strolling around like nothing is happening, and hardly any police presence.

The new message were being told? Get vaccinated. Anyone can get AstraZenica, go get it. Blah blah blah. We won’t be out of lockdown by Christmas at this rate, and the state government should be absolutely ashamed of themselves.

Between Gladys and scumo.....good grief, kill us all now why don’t you
She calls it a national emergency, he says it isn’t and it is up to Gladys what nsw does, far out
He just gave a rather frenetic speech ...and of course he kept referring back to vic last year, fucker
PM OF NSW AGAIN
Dan is right
He knows better than anyone what it takes to keep people safe

Considering Victoria is in lockdown again due to the incompetence of the NSW government I think Dan Andrews has every right to comment on the situation over the border. There should be a ring of steel around Sydney.

Reactions: kxk
Dan Andrew’s is an idiot and should probably just keep his mouth shut. His hands aren’t exactly clean after his states catastrophic outbreak last year, so should probably offer assistance rather than throw shade. He looks ridiculously petty.

We’re all Australians at the end of the day, regardless of what state we live in.

Dan Andrew’s is an idiot and should probably just keep his mouth shut. His hands aren’t exactly clean after his states catastrophic outbreak last year, so should probably offer assistance rather than throw shade. He looks ridiculously petty.

We’re all Australians at the end of the day, regardless of what state we live in.
Exactly.

Also he doesn't like it when other state premiers criticize him for his actions so why does he think it's ok for him to do it?

And I don't think his 'ring of steel' was such a great success either. I heard it referred to as a ring of wet lettuce leaves on more than one occasion. It's too hard to police and still relies heavily on people doing the right thing.

Exactly.

Also he doesn't like it when other state premiers criticize him for his actions so why does he think it's ok for him to do it?

And I don't think his 'ring of steel' was such a great success either. I heard it referred to as a ring of wet lettuce leaves on more than one occasion. It's too hard to police and still relies heavily on people doing the right thing.
100% agree.

No offence, but his government is responsible for over 800 deaths last year. On what fucking planet is he in a position to dish out health advice or have a crack at anyone? Is NSW fucked? Yep. But to suggest that he would be any better is disingenuous and his track record proves it.

Not up with the geography, and can't find the article from yesterday, but wasn't there a detection in a sewer to the east or north of Sydney ? Shouldn't THAT area be locked down too ? 🤷‍♂️

Not up with the geography, and can't find the article from yesterday, but wasn't there a detection in a sewer to the east or north of Sydney ? Shouldn't THAT area be locked down too ? 🤷‍♂️
There is a report today that Byron Bay sewer shows a detection. But I'm certain I read about another detection within Sydney's metro area yesterday :poop:

Another 2 LGA’s locked down, all out west again. One has no community transmission, but locking it down as a ‘precaution’. But didn’t bother locking down the Eastern Suburbs when this thing started? The double standards are ridiculous.

Just take a look at Bondi everyday. Full of people without masks strolling around like nothing is happening, and hardly any police presence.

The new message were being told? Get vaccinated. Anyone can get AstraZenica, go get it. Blah blah blah. We won’t be out of lockdown by Christmas at this rate, and the state government should be absolutely ashamed of themselves.

I do remember last year they tried to only lockdown a few suburbs here in Melbourne and well it never worked I think so just locking down all of
Melbourne was a better option when it gets out of control I guess. Seems like what is happening in Sydney is it's out of control at the moment. I am still worried that the daily numbers don't seem to be decreasing much at all. You have been in lockdown for a while now you'd think something would slightly change by now?

Just a question for you people in Sydney, do any of you venture to the local Bunnings store now during the lockdown? Are they packed with customers and cars lining up to enter and leave the place? I drove past our local one today and I just know from how quiet the driveway into the store is that's it's only "click and collect" trading now. As I know on a normal trading day there is almost a traffic jam of cars trying to enter and leave the damn place! This is probably why I keep stressing that places like these should be shut down during a lockdown to limit the crowds of people who gather there all the time.

I seriously hope though that Sydney can get this outbreak under some sort of control soon not only for your locals sake but for the rest of the country also.

That's happened a few times in some area's here in Melbourne also. I think all the government said was if you live in that area and you have any symptoms to go and get tested. Yep that's pretty much it. Then if it gets out of hand I guess it's lockdown time again...

Just a question for you people in Sydney, do any of you venture to the local Bunnings store now during the lockdown? Are they packed with customers and cars lining up to enter and leave the place?

I don’t go, but I do drive past one everyday and it’s very quiet. As you say, it’s usually packed but it’s dead the past two weeks.

NSW Health minister whining about every state telling them to get fucked,
when they asked everyone for Pfizer ‘gifts’.....that everyone needs because NSW has infected everyone

Oh boo hoo, why is everyone so mean, you were nicer to vic, to everyone that had problems, and it is the same...

Not the same
NSW has been criticising everyone for how they fight this thing, they have been patronising and scoffing, and endlessly bragging they are better than all of us
So much for your ‘gold standard’
Just maybe you might understand how we have all felt now

NSW has been criticising everyone for how they fight this thing, they have been patronising and scoffing, and endlessly bragging they are better than all of us
So much for your ‘gold standard’
Just maybe you might understand how we have all felt now

Not really. NSW only ever criticised the constant border closures that have plagued Australia by premiers on a power trip. NSW supported Victoria, offered to send contact tracers, etc. but didn’t belittle or take the piss out of Victoria like Dan is doing now.

I think it’s also important to remember that the thoughts, words and opinions of the fuckwitts on TV (Gladys, Brad Hazzard, Dan Andrew’s, etc) aren’t really a reflection of the views of the general public. It’s ok to laugh and tell Sydney to get fucked and not give them your Pfizer vaccines or not help them because you think Gladys is a bitch and deserves what she gets, but in reality, it’s the NSW people that are suffering. NSW people are getting sick and dying. NSW people are losing their jobs and businesses. It’s not Gladys and her band of merry fuckheads.

I cannot stand Dan Andrews, and I hate the way he speaks down about people, but I’m smart enough to realise those are his words, and not the reflection of most (I hope) of the Victoria people.

These politicians are a disgrace. They don’t care about us. They care about protecting their jobs. That’s it.

also, that just a general statement and not directed at or having a crack at you @kxk . I just replied to your comment lol.

Back