Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

Only reason I can think of is so that people can do gardening while in lockdown - so maybe it is is seen as a preventitive mental health thing?
Makes sense I suppose but couldn't they get their stuff from Bunnings, KMart etc?

I don't know what they could be charged with and the penalties, but they definitely deserve a few years behind bars for doing that.

Stupid removalists. I personally wonder if all these "removalists" breaking the rules are not just transporting furniture

This is why lockdowns need to be stricter than what makes reasonable sense. Dickheads can't be trusts.

Does anyone know how they caught them?

I can't believe they are just totally ignoring any deaths now in the NSW presser. Seems incredibly heartless to me. How did not one reporter question that?

Reactions: mad
I can't believe they are just totally ignoring any deaths now in the NSW presser. Seems incredibly heartless to me. How did not one reporter question that?
Gladys never mentions it in her opening. Gets left for Dr Chant to slip into the numbers very casually that often goes unnoticed. It’s so wrong.

Reactions: kxk
Huge increase to restrictions in NSW.

View attachment 57093
View attachment 57094

It's good but I think also hardware and office supplies should also be closed and become "click and collect" only. I mean as they state and what I was reading on the news banner today on the news channel "repairs on house premises are banned", they have also paused all construction work then why the hell do places like Bunnings need to still stay open to the general public? If you don't close them you will see lines of cars and crowds at Bunnings and also at Officeworks as people have no where else to go. I'm sure they can both do "click and collect" just like we did here in Victoria if anyone needs to grab something urgently from one of these retailers during the lockdown.

Actually now I remember Bunnings here was only open to tradesmen during the lockdown and not the general public. Then maybe in later lockdowns (we've had so many here in Melbourne...lol) I think they were made "click and collect" only for the general public. If you want to try and limit people's movements you just have to shut more of them down.

Anyway I hope all these new restrictions work and you start to see a decrease in case numbers there in Sydney.

I don't know what they could be charged with and the penalties, but they definitely deserve a few years behind bars for doing that.

Stupid removalists. I personally wonder if all these "removalists" breaking the rules are not just transporting furniture

This is why lockdowns need to be stricter than what makes reasonable sense. Dickheads can't be trusts.

Does anyone know how they caught them?

I'm not to sure but I think there was already parts of Sydney in lockdown for a while before these people entered into Victoria and then South Australia?

I am wondering what happened to the border checks especially here in Victoria when there was many reports of the outbreak in the Sydney area and yet there was no border checks or controls in place? I think that the Sydney area was in lockdown for around a week or maybe even longer before these removalists entered into Victoria? I could be wrong but I think the borders should have been more secure with anyone entering from the Sydney area when they knew about a recent outbreak.

I know, right? Makes me furious. Really brings the whole media monopoly to light. The real reporters are too scared :(

Reactions: kxk
Nurseries can remain open? I wonder why? Seems strange to me as I can't think why they would be deemed essential.

Apparently lots are turning to growing their own food
Doomsday people are building bunkers and that kind of crap

Cant buy good weed from the nuffies at bunnings. The expert horticulturists and hydroponic experts operating out of hidden unseen foiled enlosed sheds at private nurseries just offer that sueprior quality and service. The good stuff.
LOL
A friend is currently setting this up in her spare room, work cancelled her so she needs income

But came here to mention this.....

SOMEONE FINALLY EXPLAINED WHY NSW HAD A SUPERIOR TRACING SYSTEM

A young GP on the Drum ABC, explained....
NSW set up tracing and local/community health services for HIV
Continued and expanded....all set for this virus

Nobody had the same, or kept whatever they had

I'm not to sure but I think there was already parts of Sydney in lockdown for a while before these people entered into Victoria and then South Australia?

I am wondering what happened to the border checks especially here in Victoria when there was many reports of the outbreak in the Sydney area and yet there was no border checks or controls in place? I think that the Sydney area was in lockdown for around a week or maybe even longer before these removalists entered into Victoria? I could be wrong but I think the borders should have been more secure with anyone entering from the Sydney area when they knew about a recent outbreak.

I was referring to the removalists in NSW that travelled from Sydney to rural NSW even though they had tested positive for COVID. Not the ones that went through VIC to SA.

Not at all. If someone is leaking the numbers from NSW Health then they should be caught. Who knows what other sensitive information they could be leaking.

Also, suck shit to this TikTok flog.

Meh, much more important stuff to worry about.

And I'm not sure why you think he's a flog. He's done nothing wrong. Nor has the leaker ( if there even was one).

Anyway leaks are good, especially if it's government related, because it keeps those arrogantly powerful fools in check.

Meh, much more important stuff to worry about.

Out of curiosity, what do you consider to be the top 3 most important issues facing society at the moment? You often say there are 'more important things to worry about' and I'm interested to know what those are?

Out of curiosity, what do you consider to be the top 3 most important issues facing society at the moment? You often say there are 'more important things to worry about' and I'm interested to know what those are?

The health system (obviously covid fits under that), wealth inequality, and climate change

Back