Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

Speaking of shops etc, have you people in Sydney had any problems with obtaining toilet paper and certain food items in the supermarkets during this latest lockdown? I haven't been hearing any news reports about this so i'm assuming the supermarkets over there still have plenty of items on the shelves?

Oh and a reply to your homeware shops being open, no don't report them because if things get bad enough over there at the supermarkets they might be your only place to still be able to purchase some toilet paper...lol ;)

We did the first week or two as the fuckwitt brigade was out in full force buying up everything. My two local woolies had no bread or pasta either. Then everyone pulled their heads in and shelves are now back to normal. There's still the 2 pack limit on toilet paper.

Speaking of shops etc, have you people in Sydney had any problems with obtaining toilet paper and certain food items in the supermarkets during this latest lockdown? I haven't been hearing any news reports about this so i'm assuming the supermarkets over there still have plenty of items on the shelves?

Oh and a reply to your homeware shops being open, no don't report them because if things get bad enough over there at the supermarkets they might be your only place to still be able to purchase some toilet paper...lol ;)
No, I wouldn't really report them, it's up to them if they want to chance being caught open and fined.
And, no, the shops haven't been totally ravaged like the last time around. Some items aren't as fully stocked on the shelves - like loo rolls, but there's still plenty there, just the popular brands gone, whereas before there was not a loo roll anywhere. Or hand sanitizer. I didn't check that one out. There's still rice and pasta which had been completely wiped out the last time around, same as all canned tomatoes, pulses etc etc.
I have noticed a lot of the chocolate biscuit shelves are half empty. So a lot of people must be stocking up on guilty pleasures.
Another thing I noticed when I quickly nipped to Woolies yesterday, the bottle shop was open at 8am! That never opens until 10.30 at least. So they must be extending hours for those in need of some "extra entertainment".

I am referring to the lockdown last year where his government’s incompetence led to the death of 800+ Victorian’s. I still do not forgive him for that and never will. Should have been sacked for it.

Yep, the Federal Government didn't protect its aged care residents. Luckily Dan protected all the ones in state-run facilities.

Reactions: kxk
Maybe I didn’t make myself clear enough? I am referring to the lockdown last year where his government’s incompetence led to the death of 800+ Victorian’s. I still do not forgive him for that and never will. Should have been sacked for it.

I posted yesterday that I blame Gladys for our current situation and I stand by that.
I personnally think Gladys is overrated and there is a lot she is not doing right but when it comes to the removalists I don't really put the blame on her either. I feel people and possibly the company they work for need to take personal responsibility to do the right thing and not deliberately spread a disease that can kill people all round the countryside, and if they have to be open and honest and forthcoming with information to minimise the impact.

I personnally think Gladys is overrated and there is a lot she is not doing right but when it comes to the removalists I don't really put the blame on her either. I feel people and possibly the company they work for need to take personal responsibility to do the right thing and not deliberately spread a disease that can kill people all round the countryside, and if they have to be open and honest and forthcoming with information to minimise the impact.

Sorry but I think that if she locked down earlier, we would not be having this issue.

Lots of stupid Premiers in this country especially big ears in Victoria, QLD and NSW. Only Premier I actually like is McGowan.

When will these Premiers actually learn? There is a way to make lockdown less likely. Mandate mask use... Don’t remove it as a restriction. As soon as he lightened that restriction in Victoria, we turn to shit again. They just never learn.

Last edited:
Sorry but I think that if she locked down earlier, we would not be having this issue.

Lots of stupid Premiers in this country especially big ears in Victoria, QLD and a Victoria. Only Premier I actually like is McGowan.

When will these Premiers actually learn? There is a way to make lockdown less likely. Mandate mask use... Don’t remove it as a restriction. As soon as he lightened that restriction in Victoria, we turn to shit again. They just never learn.

Qld premier has been doing a great job.

I'm a bit worried that people in Vic aren't doing the right thing either this time around. I went to my local servo to get fuel today and there were people there that I'm sure were not locals. Not trying to point the finger at people of certain ethnicity and beliefs but we don't have anyone atm who wears a turban in our town (let alone quite a few) so it's a bit obvious. There was also a guy of anglo/european appearance who was maskless and dressed for the ski slopes. WTF?

ETA: Maybe they were LEAVING not ARRIVING?

Last edited:
Meanwhile where I am, I'm one of 99% of people of Phnom Penh aged over 18 who have had two jabs (Sinovac in my case). However the case numbers across the country continue to rise. Officially there are 800-1000 new cases/day, however they only test 6000-7000 people/day which is woeful, so it's quite likely the real number of cases could be any number of multiples higher, there's no way to know. There are no lockdowns, and I am free to move about anywhere in the city, or country. It's kind of insane really. Might go for a swim later.

Reactions: kxk
Going into week three of lockdown, and have been thinking.
If time in lockdown was a song title what would yours be.
Mine is Morrissey - Everyday Is Like Sunday.

Meanwhile where I am, I'm one of 99% of people of Phnom Penh aged over 18 who have had two jabs (Sinovac in my case). However the case numbers across the country continue to rise. Officially there are 800-1000 new cases/day, however they only test 6000-7000 people/day which is woeful, so it's quite likely the real number of cases could be any number of multiples higher, there's no way to know. There are no lockdowns, and I am free to move about anywhere in the city, or country. It's kind of insane really. Might go for a swim later.
Let us know how things go. And, good luck.

Back