Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

10 million fully vaccinated is a good number.

Once the Pfizer vaccines come in, I would assume the numbers getting vaccinated would increase dramatically and pretty quickly.

I don’t see the borders opening until after the next Federal election, due sometime before May 2022. The LNP won’t risk it.

I can see around 17 - 18 million being vaccinated by the end of it all.

Yeah. I know a few people who got the first dose but won’t get the second because of the side effects experienced from the first. I wonder how many people are like that.
meh Once you have comitted yourself to it you may as well see it through is my thought. But yes there may be some in that category.

Yuck vaccines
I'm trying to be really pragmatic about AZ and at first I couldn't wait to be vaccinated but I still haven't had my first dose even though I am eligible. I don't like the fact that people over 60 have no choice in which vaccine they are given and so I'm being stupidly stubborn. I'm feeling pressure from everywhere to just get what I'm given and now I'm getting a bit of a guilt complex because I'm not doing my civic duty.

I'm trying to be really pragmatic about AZ and at first I couldn't wait to be vaccinated but I still haven't had my first dose even though I am eligible. I don't like the fact that people over 60 have no choice in which vaccine they are given and so I'm being stupidly stubborn. I'm feeling pressure from everywhere to just get what I'm given and now I'm getting a bit of a guilt complex because I'm not doing my civic duty.

Don’t feel guilty about it. If you want it, get it. If you don’t, then don’t.

Nobody can tell you whether to get it or not. If other people are that highly concerned about their health, they should get it themselves. 😂

The many and varied media outlets plus a myriad of so called professionals wanting their day in the sun has conflated and confused the usefulness of vaccines. Resulting in widespread scare-mongering to which the average "i got muh freedoms no gubbernment telling me what to do" plebs have further cause for not only being not educated about it but having dubious sources to back their "muh freeedoms" stance.
As a result, it retards the whole process. The roll out has been farcical. Actual accurate information and a firm directive from the govt has been severely lacking and here we are.
In the interim, we seem more concerned with partisan politics, fed vs state processes than actually unting together.
Treating it like a sport to choose which to barrack for rather than unting as a whole.
Im somewhat embarrassed at our nations as a whole immaturity and personalised self-interest.
Never has the saying " a few bad apples can ruin the bunch" been so apt.
I just wish people had more compassion and a bigger outlook than "oh shit. I cant go to the pub. fk. them. Im wearing no mask"
This immature ideal that societal compliance infers some kind of brain washed weakness is abject stupidity.

Due to underlying medical conditions I qualified and I got my first jab of astra in june with 2nd due in August. Ive got more chance of being eaten by a shark in mcdonalds than developing a blood clot despite what the scare mongers are peddling. I want to help in getting vaccinated for the greater good as well as personal health.The sooner we get the vaccinated number up the more chance we have to return to some semblance of normality. Not normality as weve known before but a better position than we are now in. But the matrix of this roll out has been abysmal.
We were the envy of many countries last year. Now we are looked upon as a bit of a joke with our roll out. An absolute clusterfk of misinformation, poor governance on all parts and confusing and diametric messages to the public. Our govts, states and fed have really dropped the ball by being afraid to "offend" the masses and make positive firm directives with accurate information.
Now we are in a flux with a population divided, ridiculous age restrictions, a lack of suplly which is inexcusable and poor handling all around.
I only hope we can learn and get better cos this aint going away any time soon.
Stay safe everybody.
Fuzz.

But I should add. The above is only my opinion. I certainly dont mandate that everybody has to get vaxxed. But the reality going forward is that if you dont, it will certainly impede upon our respective lifestyles going forward particularly in terms of travel etc. That cannot be denied.

Ill stop soapboxing. Not my style usually. Apologies but I really want a healthy functioning society where we show compassion to all and then have our way to pursue our personal freedoms. Any successful society in history is proven to be measured by its quality of compassion for all.

Back