Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

How is it Dans fault that removalists brought covid into Vic from NSW? He may have been to blame with previous times especially last year but I am not seeing how he is with this. Those same removalists came to SA as well. Them and the fact they have been less than forthcoming with where they had been in both states are who I am mad at.

How is it Dans fault that removalists brought covid into Vic from NSW? He may have been to blame with previous times especially last year but I am not seeing how he is with this. Those same removalists came to SA as well. Them and the fact they have been less than forthcoming with where they had been in both states are who I am mad at.

Maybe I didn’t make myself clear enough? I am referring to the lockdown last year where his government’s incompetence led to the death of 800+ Victorian’s. I still do not forgive him for that and never will. Should have been sacked for it.

I posted yesterday that I blame Gladys for our current situation and I stand by that.

Last edited:
I'd rather not rant on about this. There are way too many points that appear to be debated when there is clear evidence of reality.

However, (and you should realize that's a precursor to a bit of a whinge), I recall the media and public uproar that the Covid vaccine might be made mandatory and the subsequent backdown.

And yet, recently the media is pushing the narrative that the public is shocked that those in the Aged Care industry are NOT forced to get vaccinated. So now, if you wish to stay in that industry, you must get vaccinated by September. The general public (via the lens of the media) have a very odd double standard.

Another thing to consider is that if we have significant proportions of the population who refuse to be vaccinated, we will have a situation where continued replication of whichever variant runs rampant within that sub-group, the chances are that a new variant will emerge that is NOT affected by the vaccines which we all seem to be currently convinced will allow us all these "great" freedoms.

Despite this, I still believe that mandatory vaccination is not desirable.

Food for thought.

/rant

With the delta strain running rampant and low vaccination among the population, no lockdown is just asking for trouble.

If England is anything to go by, the vaccine won’t help anyway as more COVID deaths are from those vaccinated there.

There are two homeware shops near me which have been open all along. Why? I should phone the authorities.

Speaking of shops etc, have you people in Sydney had any problems with obtaining toilet paper and certain food items in the supermarkets during this latest lockdown? I haven't been hearing any news reports about this so i'm assuming the supermarkets over there still have plenty of items on the shelves?

Oh and a reply to your homeware shops being open, no don't report them because if things get bad enough over there at the supermarkets they might be your only place to still be able to purchase some toilet paper...lol ;)

I wish shopping centres and the stores in them would get more reliable wireless internet to do the QR code thing instead of relying on patrons to use their mobile internet, especially if they have low data rates for whatever reason.

Also I'm curious to see if they'll keep the QR code sign in thing once covid has been defeated. I think they will.

I wish shopping centres and the stores in them would get more reliable wireless internet to do the QR code thing instead of relying on patrons to use their mobile internet, especially if they have low data rates for whatever reason.

Also I'm curious to see if they'll keep the QR code sign in thing once covid has been defeated. I think they will.

See I don't know how it works mate as I don't have a smartphone and I won't be using one anytime soon either. But this COVID-19 virus will be around for many years to come so I guess the QR scan in system will be around for a while. I hope they still have the old pen and paper check in system otherwise I won't be checking in anywhere...lol ;)

... I don't have a smartphone and I won't be using one anytime soon either.
Wow. I thought I was one of the last hold-outs, but I caved a few years ago. Only just "upgraded" to an iphone 6s after buying the GF a used pristine 8Plus for her birthday (the 6s was her old phone). :wink:

Smart phones were the first tech item I refused to buy. Pretty odd for an old electronics tech. I get my own back by complaining about it's foibles at every chance I get - becoming one of those "end users" I always hated. :woot:

Wow. I thought I was one of the last hold-outs, but I caved a few years ago. Only just "upgraded" to an iphone 6s after buying the GF a used pristine 8Plus for her birthday (the 6s was her old phone). :wink:

Smart phones were the first tech item I refused to buy. Pretty odd for an old electronics tech. I get my own back by complaining about it's foibles at every chance I get - becoming one of those "end users" I always hated. :woot:

LOL! Mate I only upgraded to a new phone when all the mobile networks stopped supporting 2G a few years ago. My old 2G phone was a Nokia 3210. I only upgraded to a 3G phone a few years ago which is a Nokia 3310 "3G" model...lol. It almost looks like the older model but it works on the 3G network which is luckily still supported now and I hope for a few more years to come. The next time I will have to update is when they decide to cancel 3G then I will get the very basic model of a 4G phone....lol. You get the picture I only buy something newer when I have no choice...lol ;)

Let's not start on using old computers as i'm lucky I can still use this dinosaur at the moment and post on this forum...LOL!

Hey mate also an old electronics tech this way. Probably not many of us around these days with everything being a throw away society now.

Remember when people used to actually repair electronic items and other things around the home etc? Oh those were the days... :(

Back