Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

how are you coping in lockdown? I hope the numbers flatten and drop back down soon, and you are not cooped up too long.

I'm coping very well thank you. I don't mind the lockdown but think it was avoidable with appropriate leadership.

I'm coping very well thank you. I don't mind the lockdown but think it was avoidable with appropriate leadership.
good to hear. I have lots of friends who have found this time round pretty hard, especially as thier was talk of returning back to the office after working from home for a few months etc. The uncertainty of it all gets tiresome. Especially as things like the guards should never have happened, and the towers should have been handled way better then they were.

Lots of different security companies were contracts by the relevant government department. There's an investigation underway to find out what went wrong.

They are a large Australian wide, security company. Was a mistake made in hiring them? It seems so, wait for the investigation. It, however, is worth noting that what they did, what their employees did was massively outside the bounds of what they were contracted to do. It's not as if the Government forgot to go, "Hey MSS security, by the way, remember to tell your guards to not screw the guests in quarantine, thanks."

Do these security companies have the capacity and training to safely deal with a serious contagion? Why haven't there been the same issues with hotel quarantine in other states?

Do these security companies have the capacity and training to safely deal with a serious contagion? Why haven't there been the same issues with hotel quarantine in other states?
You pay peanuts, you get monkeys.
Shocking due dilligence.

Hi I read somewhere that other states used the police to enforce hotel quarantine etc.

Also reading back the government can only do so much to help protect the people. Sometimes people just have to look after themselves the government can only do so much.

Also as I mentioned in an earlier post some people are just plain stupid and flaunt the rules and restrictions, like my younger generation neighbours here who had all night parties around 3 times a week with possibly 20 guests all in a small courtyard area. Just stupid and complete disregard for all the government warnings about social gatherings and social distancing.

See I have been wearing a face mask now for around 3 weeks, it's still not mandatory to wear one from the local authorities. Also I heard we now have over 400 new cases in 24 hours here in Victoria. Looks like we are heading for stage 4 restrictions soon...

Why weren't there issues with other companies in Victoria?

Their job is also not to deal with a serious contagion, it's to ensure people stay in quarantine. They ignored their job.

"Melbourne is plague-ridden city in a basket case state led by a man who is a lethal mix of political rat cunning, PR spin, unwarranted self-belief and sheer utter incompetence. Even then, he stands head and shoulders above the 'brain trust' of his ministry... most of whom would find running a bingo night a challenge, let alone managing the complex across multiple government agencies and departments that's needed to beat this pandemic" - Peta Credlin

Regardless of who hired the guards, the guards themselves and those in quarantine who had covid and slept with the guards need to take personal responsibility for thier actions and the consequences of thier actions.

Regardless of who hired the guards, the guards themselves and those in quarantine who had covid and slept with the guards need to take personal responsibility for thier actions and the consequences of thier actions.

As does dangerous Dan Andrews.

Back