Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

Thank god for Peta Credlin too:

LOL

I’m really going to listen to Sky News let alone someone like Peta Credlin.

Imagine if Daniel Andrews was in the Liberal party. I doubt we would see the same criticism and claims. Just like them giving Queensland’s PM a hard time as well when she refused to open the borders. Comes to bite NSW in the arse right now that they opened.

I read here you deny climate change as well?

Obviously you are the one that needs to be seriously educated instead of watching right wing Sky News all day.

LOL

I’m really going to listen to Sky News let alone someone like Peta Credlin.

Imagine if Daniel Andrews was in the Liberal party. I doubt we would see the same criticism and claims. Just like them giving Queensland’s PM a hard time as well when she refused to open the borders. Comes to bite NSW in the arse right now that they opened.

I read here you deny climate change as well?

Obviously you are the one that needs to be seriously educated instead of watching right wing Sky News all day.

Large public gatherings as in the protests that he took no action on? Here - educate yourself

Didn't they advise against the protests? Unlike America where the Democrat's encouraged them and now pretend they couldn't have spread it.

Also they have stated the known cases that were at the protests were small, and no traved transmission is known to have occurred. I agree, the protests during the pandemic were stupid. Regardless from critique of their message.

Most transmission has come from large family gatherings. The biggest blame people can give to Dan about these is trying to say it's the government's fault for not communicating the dangers in non-english languages enough. Which isn't really a valid excuse, because it's not the Governments fault and these people aren't crying ignorant. They ignored the warnings. People just don't want to assert blame on them for political correct reasons.

Didn't they advise against the protests? Unlike America where the Democrat's encouraged them and now pretend they couldn't have spread it.

Also they have stated the known cases that were at the protests were small, and no traved transmission is known to have occurred. I agree, the protests during the pandemic were stupid. Regardless from critique of their message.

Most transmission has come from large family gatherings. The biggest blame people can give to Dan about these is trying to say it's the government's fault for not communicating the dangers in non-english languages enough. Which isn't really a valid excuse, because it's not the Governments fault and these people aren't crying ignorant. They ignored the warnings. People just don't want to assert blame on them for political correct reasons.

Other states also had protests (Adelaide, QLD and NSW had a BLM protests too) - no covid cases came from that march in any other states as far as I know. If any cases have come as a result of the protests in Victoria that is exceptionally bad luck for that state but can it be considered all the state governments fault when other states allowed it with now issues?

@Affable I stand by what I said about the political parties (and Sky News) but I am sorry for personally attacking you. I was being an complete asshole. I’m sorry if you took any offence or hurt by my posts.

Oh man the more n more I hear/read about the push to make us a cashless society, and especially the indue card (holy fuck that makes me SO cranky) The more n more I am starting to take action around me. I boycott woolies/safeway - mainly cos their "fresh" fruit if disgusting at my local store, more so that i'm discovering their wage theft of their employees, and their no shame adverts with climate denialist aka murdoch media. The milk thing on fresh is odd, cows are gunna eat grass n make milk, regardless of covid. I understand the longlife milk limits, but fresh:rolleyes:

Good on ya for wearing a mask in Melbs, an easy way to add a layer of protection to you & yours :)

Cheers mate! :)

I also get cranky when you see the media talking up stories like "cashless society". I mean seriously are all these people in media sleepwalking zombies or something? lol. People need to wake up and be aware of what's happening around us everyday. Sadly most of the people nowadays just get hypnotized and just stare into their latest iphone or whatever mobile distraction and (tracking) devices they have now...lol ;) ( I have an older mobile phone which I only carry with me for emergency calls only). I also don't like how they are making it easier for people to simply "tap and go" with your mobile device. Again another way to steer people away from using conventional good old cash!

Then there is also the new public transport electronic scan cards? Have they made life any easier or faster for commuters? It's probably a great thing for the bus drivers not having to bother with money and loose change and cutting tickets anymore. But for the commuter I actually hated the damn new "myki" cards. Last time I travelled on a bus I remember the damn thing wouldn't scan properly getting on and off the bus, also it's a nuisance trying to walk to the door holding some groceries and trying to scan that damn card getting off the bus. Give me the old paper tickets anyday! :)

Oh yes these new electronic public transport "smart cards" also keep track of where you start travelling from and where you stop travelling...lol ;)

Speaking about face masks here in Melbourne, there is still many people going about everywhere not wearing a mask at all. Also I cringe when I see how packed the local Bunnings warehouse store is all the time! Even today I was driving home and there was a line of cars all waiting to drive into the Bunnings car park and I couldn't see anyone wearing face masks at all? It's a bit of a worry... :(

Anyone who has been tested can you please tell me what happens then?
Son’s work having everyone tested, he went first today, now he must isolate at home for approx 4 days
Or until he gets results and is clear
I want to know, does this mean nobody else can have contact, just me as he lives here
No visits from girlfriend I assume?

Anyone who has been tested can you please tell me what happens then?
Son’s work having everyone tested, he went first today, now he must isolate at home for approx 4 days
Or until he gets results and is clear
I want to know, does this mean nobody else can have contact, just me as he lives here
No visits from girlfriend I assume?

Any contact you have with your son should be minimised while he is awaiting the test results. He should limit his movements around the house and should wear a mask when in communal areas when possible. Basically he should stick to his room unless he needs the bathroom (ideally use separate ones if possible). Feed him under the door if you have to. It's only a few days.

Definitely no visitors or contact with anyone else, including the girlfriend, especially the girlfriend. You need to treat it as if he has it. Otherwise it could easily spread to the girlfriend, to her family, colleagues and elsewhere before your son gets his test results back.

Back