Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

Ive sported a covid beard since last year. Im lucky for the masking policy otherwise peeps would mistake me for ned Kelly and expecting that I will rob them.
A bin over my head ala Ned doesnt offer the same covid protection.

Ive sported a covid beard since last year. Im lucky for the masking policy otherwise peeps would mistake me for ned Kelly and expecting that I will rob them.
A bin over my head ala Ned doesnt offer the same covid protection
RIP Heath, w or w/o beard yummy

Whilst correct, winning their election had more to do with a lack of viable alternatives in those states, rather than voters being overwhelmingly happy with their pandemic response. Queensland & WA in particular had terrible alternatives that were never going to upset the status quo. The WA candidate even admitted defeat before election day.

That isn't to take away from their success in handling the pandemic, as WA & Tasmania's Premiers have done fairly well (Queensland, not so much).

Ultimately, when we stop trying to make the pandemic response a Liberal v Labor issue, and start responding as AUSTRALIANS we will be better off. The constant politicising of this issue, namely from Scott Morrison, Annastacia Palaszczuk and Dan Andrews (who interestingly sit at opposite ends of the political spectrum) will be Australia's downfall in moving forward once this is all over.
Could be worse, here is a summary of Drumpf & Covid

Everyone here pushing for people to be vaccinated and to get the vaccine as soon as possible.
While I made a comment about the issues of not rapidly vaccinating people, that was for a place where the virus is spreading.

Australia should have the luxury to wait and see. Allow a slow and diverse rollout of vaccines because we should be able to keep the virus out. However, the pathetic Federal Government has failed to implement a proper quarantine. So until that is done, we run the risk of the virus spreading out of control.

With extremely low levels of people exposed to the virus with anti-bodies and a very low-level vaccine rate. We're very exposed to the possibility of a new variant having a really bad outbreak. These new variants pose a much greater risk than the original. The threat is now greater than it was a year ago. It'd be less of an issue if they could quickly vaccinate us, but incompetence means they can't.

Do you know if the hairdressers and barbers are open?

Closed.

While I made a comment about the issues of not rapidly vaccinating people, that was for a place where the virus is spreading.

Australia should have the luxury to wait and see. Allow a slow and diverse rollout of vaccines because we should be able to keep the virus out. However, the pathetic Federal Government has failed to implement a proper quarantine. So until that is done, we run the risk of the virus spreading out of control.

With extremely low levels of people exposed to the virus with anti-bodies and a very low-level vaccine rate. We're very exposed to the possibility of a new variant having a really bad outbreak. These new variants pose a much greater risk than the original. The threat is now greater than it was a year ago. It'd be less of an issue if they could quickly vaccinate us, but incompetence means they can't.

Closed.
At least Drumpf was not your leader

Was watching the ABC news tv channel and it said there is now 170 exposure sites around Melbourne. Here is the link to the government website:

Pretty much all around Melbourne has exposure sites. I don't even trust what the exposure site lists as you don't know if the people that they have interviewed have said everything correctly or if they have forgotten to mention everywhere they have been.

Luckily I always wear a mask and I have never stopped wearing a mask even when everyone else wasn't before this new outbreak started.

Well they said there was another 5 cases today in Melbourne, one was a mystery case from an aged care worker in Maidstone.

All I can say is if your in Melbourne you might as well think that almost anywhere at the moment could be a potential exposure site. Which is why I keep saying you must always protect yourself at all times at least with a face mask. It's too late once you may have contracted this virus then go and check the exposure site list.

Cheers and all the best.

Was watching the ABC news tv channel and it said there is now 170 exposure sites around Melbourne. Here is the link to the government website:

Pretty much all around Melbourne has exposure sites. I don't even trust what the exposure site lists as you don't know if the people that they have interviewed have said everything correctly or if they have forgotten to mention everywhere they have been.

I keep checking. I was at some really crowded places last weekend. One was a beer festival with thousands of people indoors. I keep fearing that will be added.

If test wait times weren't so high, I'd just go and get a test. So if a place did get listed, I'd already know if I was fine.

Luckily I always wear a mask and I have never stopped wearing a mask even when everyone else wasn't before this new outbreak started.

Well they said there was another 5 cases today in Melbourne, one was a mystery case from an aged care worker in Maidstone.

All I can say is if your in Melbourne you might as well think that almost anywhere at the moment could be a potential exposure site. Which is why I keep saying you must always protect yourself at all times at least with a face mask. It's too late once you may have contracted this virus then go and check the exposure site list.

Cheers and all the best.

Thinks my area has been lucky so far thankfully.

Back