Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

Wouldn't be surprised if the Penguin is actually an imaginary friend for reepbot.
Oh Inigo, you poor delusional non figment of anyone's imagination
There are over 100 things I know about you that would easily prove I'm for real
However, I choose not to denigrate nor mention you in public
Columbo pesters me because he actually would prefer civil discourse.
He wishes he could be friends with you (dreaming of long years passed)
So again, please try to keep my name out of your mouth if you are angry at Columbo
Alternatively, be direct and try to converse w/me
Ask me anything, I shall tell you no lies
I came for the BBaus witty banter but stayed to defend my existence.
Perfect way to wait for next Tuesday's episode
Oh wait, I have an actual life w/a holiday weekend. I'm poilitically active & there is a Constitutional crisis brewing.
Sure I have room for pettiness (joke)

Last edited:
Oh Inigo, you poor delusional non figment of anyone's imagination
There are over 100 things I know about you that would easily prove I'm for real
However, I choose not to denigrate nor mention you in public
Columbo pesters me because he actually would prefer civil discourse or even

So true.

This whole lockdown law really is absurd as in who gets to stay open and who must close. Like today I wanted to buy a bottle of oil for my car and I went to my local "Super Cheap Auto" and "Autobarn" stores both of which were closed to the public but you can only go and collect your goods from the entrance. Anyway I thought i'd try my luck and ask the guy in the shop at Super Cheap Auto to grab me a bottle of oil and i'll wait outside and pay for it. Nope he was like "sorry mate it's online only with click and collect". I said ok fair enough then went to "Autobarn" and I rang them up and at least this place was offering to sell me the oil but knowing my luck they had none on the shelf but he at least said there is another Autobarn a few suburbs away that is showing 4 in stock. Anyway at least they offered to sell me the stuff but they never had any in stock. So to cut a long story short I ended up going back home jumping on the internet buying the oil from Super Cheap Auto then having to return to the same store to just pick it up from the door with online click and collect bullshit.

I noticed that there was a tradie clothing shop open to the public and also a tool shop open to the public with no restrictions at all? I mean seriously why is it that all these tradie retailers get red carpet treatment when it comes to lockdowns? I don't really see them as an essential service? I mean if they are open then why isn't Bunnings open as I would think they are the go to place for builders to get the essential items to keep working. Bunnings looked like they were on the click and collect bullshit rules and the other smaller tradie stores were business as usual during a 7 day lockdown? WTF?

Isn't also maintaining and keeping your car on the road an essential service? Don't tradies drive cars around to get to various jobs...? I guess not?

I just think what stays open and what stays closed rules are absurd.

This whole lockdown law really is absurd as in who gets to stay open and who must close. Like today I wanted to buy a bottle of oil for my car and I went to my local "Super Cheap Auto" and "Autobarn" stores both of which were closed to the public but you can only go and collect your goods from the entrance. Anyway I thought i'd try my luck and ask the guy in the shop at Super Cheap Auto to grab me a bottle of oil and i'll wait outside and pay for it. Nope he was like "sorry mate it's online only with click and collect". I said ok fair enough then went to "Autobarn" and I rang them up and at least this place was offering to sell me the oil but knowing my luck they had none on the shelf but he at least said there is another Autobarn a few suburbs away that is showing 4 in stock. Anyway at least they offered to sell me the stuff but they never had any in stock. So to cut a long story short I ended up going back home jumping on the internet buying the oil from Super Cheap Auto then having to return to the same store to just pick it up from the door with online click and collect bullshit.

I noticed that there was a tradie clothing shop open to the public and also a tool shop open to the public with no restrictions at all? I mean seriously why is it that all these tradie retailers get red carpet treatment when it comes to lockdowns? I don't really see them as an essential service? I mean if they are open then why isn't Bunnings open as I would think they are the go to place for builders to get the essential items to keep working. Bunnings looked like they were on the click and collect bullshit rules and the other smaller tradie stores were business as usual during a 7 day lockdown? WTF?

Isn't also maintaining and keeping your car on the road an essential service? Don't tradies drive cars around to get to various jobs...? I guess not?

I just think what stays open and what stays closed rules are absurd.

Do you know if the hairdressers and barbers are open?

Back