Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

Good on Morrison for saying no to more support in Victoria.

Morrison is a failure.

So here we are, he failed to secure vaccines, in fact, sat on his hands and did the bare minimum leading us to have a slow rollout. That is his doing. He actively took measures against faster rollouts.

He has refused to implement a proper quarantine system, instead insisting a system that is known to have leaks.

So then with a situation with low levels of vaccination. Potential of leaks into the community that could cause mass spreading. Meaning there'll be future lockdowns. This is their policy for Australia. Slow vaccines, leaky quarantine. Just hoping "she'll be right."

So they revoke job keeper and other measures to help people during lockdowns, with no provisions or planning for assistance for those inevitable future lockdowns.

He then sits there basically blaming the Vic Government for the failure of his policies. From what he said, it was basically, "well Vic did the lockdown, their problem." He's created the situation why we need the lockdown. He is absolving his responsibilities. Playing politics and risking 10,000s of deaths. What he is saying is that Vic should just give up fighting the pandemic when he talks like that.

The last good thing about Scott Morrison left him in the Engadine Maccas in '97.

Was watching the ABC news tv channel and it said there is now 170 exposure sites around Melbourne. Here is the link to the government website:

Pretty much all around Melbourne has exposure sites. I don't even trust what the exposure site lists as you don't know if the people that they have interviewed have said everything correctly or if they have forgotten to mention everywhere they have been.

Luckily I always wear a mask and I have never stopped wearing a mask even when everyone else wasn't before this new outbreak started.

Well they said there was another 5 cases today in Melbourne, one was a mystery case from an aged care worker in Maidstone.

All I can say is if your in Melbourne you might as well think that almost anywhere at the moment could be a potential exposure site. Which is why I keep saying you must always protect yourself at all times at least with a face mask. It's too late once you may have contracted this virus then go and check the exposure site list.

Cheers and all the best.
Don't know the particulars about Oz & Covid except that you folk & New Zealand are miles ahead of us (mostly due to former POTUS who lied from February 2020)

it’s everywhere nightmare
As I/we have been saying for months....
Slap up a quarantine camp, immediately
You can get quickie slap up temporary dwellings

Heaven help us, Feds make me sick

And right now, friggin use what is out there
School and adventure camps, are almost perfect for this purpose
And there are hundreds of them

And army has camp places they could use

Do SOMETHING.....different, what we do now is not working
And look at motels
We have big family reunions at a country motel, we take the whole place, 200
No air con

well, I know you aren't ignoring & no
I'm not fishing
Columbo asked me to stop talking to him so I'm complying
(my suggestion for him to make friends again w/Drama by severing contact w/me)
not that you asked LOL
Cheers
Fair enough, but perhaps rekindling the friendship is up to Drama more than anyone else.
Aaaanyways, I shan't get get involved further, as it is not my place.

Fair enough, but perhaps rekindling the friendship is up to Drama more than anyone else.
Aaaanyways, I shan't get get involved further, as it is not my place.
from what Columbo said (annotating his posts from 2014) they are playing the long game
except for actual face to face, they have shared (hideously) intimate details w/one another
Thankfully, I think this plan works best. The level of vitriol spewed at me from Affable's friends began day 1 of my 3 May excursion here.
& of course, it's your place
Columbo chose you, Fuzz & Sephrenia to provide me shelter from the accusations of
troll, puppet & gaslighting
Needless to say, I'm chatty, but I don't always introduce myself (actually not a bad idea for a thread)
You have loooooong time denizens & newbies who jump right in w/witty banter
Thanks again rj90
I'll never forget you telling me about intraoral tea bagging
(as they say gag me w/a spoon peals of laughter)
I wanted to poke you in the ribs when Danny had his light but nulti ball sac
try putting those into someone's mouth
lololol

I almost booked a trip to QLD to go diving with minke whales this month. Good thing I knew to be hesitant about long term plans.

I wish more shops were open with in-store shopping. Social distancing lowered numbers masks etc.

I want to go to Office Works. I'm organising stuff and need more storage containers, but I am not ordering them click and collect without seeing them.

Eh I guess I'll have to measure a couple I got a few weeks back and figure out which ones they are. Oh the pain.

Last edited:
Back