Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

QLD Government closed their border and killed their tourism industry while locking other Australian's out and then blame the Federal Government when their economy goes downhill. LOL. Huge hypocrites.
Correct, then when told it was their own fault for preventing domestic tourism, said 'Oh no, it's the Federal Government's fault for closing the International borders'. Yet a NSW resident was banned from entering and spending their hard earned dollars in Queensland.

Queensland contributed nothing to the economy for a good chunk of the financial year. When it comes time to hand out the GST revenue, they should get the smallest percentage possible. States that do the heavy lifting should be rewarded with a larger piece of the pie.

Speaking of Queensland. To all of you complaining about the vaccine rollout.

What do you think of their decision to completely halt AZ vaccines in vaccination hubs and not vaccine until everyone gets the Pfizer or Moderna one?

Speaking of Queensland. To all of you complaining about the vaccine rollout.

What do you think of their decision to completely halt AZ vaccines in vaccination hubs and not vaccine until everyone gets the Pfizer or Moderna one?

Smart choice by a great leader in the Qld Premier.

I think premiers who are saying "put our state first" are doing what the state people want. QLD, WA and TAS (2 lab, 1 lib) premiers have all said they are putting their states first and closing borders if they have to. All three have won their state elections in the past few months. From what I have read WA and TAS are very vulnerable and they would not be able to cope if an serious outbreak happened in their states. A lot of people would die. SA (libs) seems to have a lockdown as well when there are community cases. NSW (in cahoots with the Federal Government) seem to be the only one ok having open borders.

Premiers are probably seeing what happened last year in Victoria too and don't want to go down that route. All of the scrutiny Dan Andrews has been under is a nightmare for anyone and possibly politically career ending. Better to be safe than sorry.

I think premiers who are saying "put our state first" are doing what the state people want. QLD, WA and TAS (2 lab, 1 lib) premiers have all said they are putting their states first and closing borders if they have to. All three have won their state elections in the past few months. From what I have read WA and TAS are very vulnerable and they would not be able to cope if an serious outbreak happened in their states. A lot of people would die. SA (libs) seems to have a lockdown as well when there are community cases. NSW (in cahoots with the Federal Government) seem to be the only one ok having open borders.

Premiers are probably seeing what happened last year in Victoria too and don't want to go down that route. All of the scrutiny Dan Andrews has been under is a nightmare for anyone and possibly politically career ending. Better to be safe than sorry.
At the end of the day it is very states at wars. There is a state rivalry culture in Australia. I prefer to see us all as one but the states are pitted against each other and part of it does come down to Liberal vs. Labor. I highly doubt the microscope scrutiny Dan Andrews has been under would have happened as much if Victoria was running a Liberal government.

At the end of the day it is very states at wars. There is a state rivalry culture in Australia. I prefer to see us all as one but the states are pitted against each other and part of it does come down to Liberal vs. Labor. I highly doubt the microscope scrutiny Dan Andrews has been under would have happened as much if Victoria was running a Liberal government.

Yeah Murdoch and his puppets would probably be leading the charge for a statue to be built in his honour!

Whilst correct, winning their election had more to do with a lack of viable alternatives in those states, rather than voters being overwhelmingly happy with their pandemic response. Queensland & WA in particular had terrible alternatives that were never going to upset the status quo. The WA candidate even admitted defeat before election day.

That isn't to take away from their success in handling the pandemic, as WA & Tasmania's Premiers have done fairly well (Queensland, not so much).

Ultimately, when we stop trying to make the pandemic response a Liberal v Labor issue, and start responding as AUSTRALIANS we will be better off. The constant politicising of this issue, namely from Scott Morrison, Annastacia Palaszczuk and Dan Andrews (who interestingly sit at opposite ends of the political spectrum) will be Australia's downfall in moving forward once this is all over.

Back