Skip to main content

The Psychology/Body Language/Personality Thread

@Isee you claim that I dominate conversations, yet last month I didn't post in this thread for about twelve days (http://www.behindbigbrother.com/for...one-please-be-nice.54817/page-88#post-2363634). And during those twelve days no one else here made any sort of posts. Nobody at all. And in that twelve days there was a perfect opportunity for posters to have as many conversations as they wanted without me posting. But no one here posted anything in that time frame.

And please don't use the busy excuse. I'm not an idiot, so don't treat me like one. The fact that people have time to post on live reality tv show threads and the endless analyzing of them means that they have time to post on the offtopic thread if they wanted to. With the key words being wanted to. I mean the thread didn't start up again until i started posting.

It's your thread @reepbot....people don't post here much at all, a lot of posters have you on ignore - thread disappears- or just ignore you anyway, avoid your threads.
And anyone interested is unlikely to post if you are not there, so your assessment is not valid.

Oh and, you have a terrible habit of madly posting links to article nobody reads........in general they don't encourage anyone to discuss the topic for you don't indicate the topic, just provide a random link that ends in a pay for viewing me news article.

If you want to encourage discussion, I suggest you do some headlines and quotes from the article, for you do hide some interesting topics.....

This one I clicked on.....fascinating......I see pictures when music plays......different songs/tunes create different choreography, tones, types.......some summon monsters battling, whilst another gives me faeries dancing in the waves in the sea

I have a Prof friend who explained to me how blind people are in a world of total darkness, what their seeing is how it is when you hold your hands hard on your eyes,,,total black

Blind in the mind: why some people can’t see pictures in their imagination

Imagine an apple floating in front of you. Now see if you can rotate it around in your mind. Look at it from the top, bottom – does it have any blemishes? How clearly can you see it?

Some people see the apple perfectly, like watching a movie, while others have a very poor wavering image. Although it might be hard to believe, a small proportion of otherwise healthy people report having no visual experience at all. In other words, their minds are completely blind – no matter how hard they try they don’t seem to see the apple.

In fact, such individuals are often startled to find that people are not speaking in metaphors when they say, “I picture it in my mind’s eye.” This phenomenon of mind blindness has only recently been given a proper name – congenital aphantasia.

Mind blind
One of the creators of the Firefox internet browser, Blake Ross, realised his experience of visual imagery was vastly different from most people when he read about a man who lost his ability to imagine after surgery. In a Facebook post, Ross said:

What do you mean ‘lost’ his ability? […] Shouldn’t we be amazed he ever had that ability?

We’ve heard from many people who have experienced a similar epiphany to Ross. They too were astonished to discover that their complete lack of ability to picture visual imagery was different from the norm.

The idea some people are born wholly unable to imagine is not new. In the late 1800s, British scientist Sir Francis Galton conducted researchasking colleagues and the general population to describe the quality of their internal imagery.

I was talking about the off topic thread. And I don't care if people ignore me. I'm used to it.

What I do care about is posters trying to control my posting habits and personally attacking me when I have never personally attacked them.

The term cognitive dissonance is used to describe the feelings of discomfort that result from holding two conflicting beliefs.

According to this theory, people experience tension or discomfort when their beliefs or attitudes do not match their behaviors.

When and if they are confronted, they deny it happened and eventually they see themselves as the victim. And start some bullshit distraction....

As posted in the YOUR other thread.......your dissonance is self created, you made your own mess, it actually has nothing to do with anyone else but you.
You beg people to analyse your posting, and then boo hoo, don't like how you are perceived................

Don't pretend you didn't expect much amusement at your flip/flopping, left/right, truth/lies....................will take a long, long time, and a miracle for you to find cred

And, you attack with the best and the worst, you hounded me as a dirty feminist, misogynist, looney leftie for months - based on nothing, probably fed by inigo

You can critique a person without being personal or nasty about it. It just takes some skill to do that.

And I have awareness of how I am perceived and I am fine with it as long as it doesn't get too nasty.

You can critique a person without being personal or nasty about it. It just takes some skill to do that.

And I have awareness of how I am perceived and I am fine with it as long as it doesn't get too nasty.

As i said, since you lack this skill, you cannot keep insulting people for reacting to your insults.
Have you conveniently forgotten all of the bitter nasty insults you have thrown around ? As i said personal nasty attacks made up bullshit, it actually was as low as some banned posters - you are just lucky I/we don't report such crap

I argue ideas, not people. A big difference. I've never quoted or referenced a poster here and attacked them in a personal way like you have.

Yes you do.....
And you do it a lot
And you take someone else's insult and compound it......and hang on to it for pages

i sometimes wonder if i'm too loyal. i sometimes doubt if it is truly worth it. but then i remember that nothing worthwhile was ever easy.

No I don't.
False denials, or your lack of comprehension?

How many times have you been banned?

Best gauge of your behavior, you do not seem to be fully cognisant of how insulting you are OFTEN

happiness is mocking me, sadness is embracing me

Focus on happy stuff, go volunteer, engage in the real world might make a difference.......lots need help this time of year, go help:)

inigo is what makes me happy though[DOUBLEPOST=1513480681][/DOUBLEPOST]and tina too. and lynda day from press gang.

i don't personally insult, that is not my style.

Hey Harvey denials when you have no cred, FUNNY

Go speed dating, find the courage to join your generation finding partners - outside, it is nice, people are nice, people are interesting.

Have you ever done something charitable/nice/kind for someone, for a stranger???

I am wasting time..........waiting for something, almost done......

Back