Skip to main content

The Psychology/Body Language/Personality Thread

body language is such a fertile ground i believe. i have a great interest in it because i do have trouble reading it but i want to get better at it. toastmasters has helped me by making me really think about how i present myself to the audience in a non-verbal way.

also @Mooseface my concept of friendship is someone who i can be myself with. by that i mean not having to change who i am in order to fit in. i would rather be alone than do that.

57fba351170000bc16acac35.png

Melissa Ryan

✔@MelissaRyan

Note to my male friends who might not realize: Trump's standing behind her is a bullying tactic. Abusive men do this to us all the time.

Claire Fallon

✔@ClaireEFallon

watching this as a woman is so emotionally difficult because we've all been belittled like this by a male moron and had to take it #debate

This is how it feels to be a woman. You follow all the rules and try to be professional and he talks over you about nothing. #debate

@erinjudge
Every woman watching has had a creepy dude pace behind her.#debates
CuXqb-jWgAAnSyh.jpg

When this happens to me on a sidewalk, I basically start running.

CuXwt7gUsAEMdV9.jpg

Right now Hillary is every woman who has ever been mansplained. #debates #debate2016 #HRC

Amanda Kolson Hurley‏@amandakhurley
Hillary is every woman who has conscientiously prepared only to be patronized by some entitled, ignorant jerk.

Some interesting points about body language in those series of tweets. I probably wouldn't have recognised it if they hadn't been pointed out. My fault though.

The Length Of Your Finger Reveals A Few Surprises About Your Personality.

And, this length is governed by testosterone levels before birth

Charming

People who have a ring finger larger than their index finger thought to be charming and charismatic. They’re also great problem solvers, and tend to fall into careers in engineering and science. No matter what the problem, people like this will do their best to solve it.

lifebuzz-37ff32dbb4d51add8ea5ebba0bfe6fe1-limit_2000.jpg

Confident

If your index finger is longer than your ring finger, you might be a particularly confident person. When you decide to do something, yo do it, and you’re not afraid to put yourself out there. People with fingers like this tend to always strive for more.
lifebuzz-502be6e2ccfd98d295437d1e05dcdea0-limit_2000.jpg

Peacenik
People with equal ring fingers and index fingers are well-organized, calm, and love to avoid conflict by any means necessary. As a result, they tend to be incredibly loyal to the people in their lives, and try to get along with everyone they encounter.
lifebuzz-3c22623f56150f1156a6e74ea346177b-limit_2000.jpg

The Length Of Your Finger Reveals A Few Surprises About Your Personality.

And, this length is governed by testosterone levels before birth

Charming

People who have a ring finger larger than their index finger thought to be charming and charismatic. They’re also great problem solvers, and tend to fall into careers in engineering and science. No matter what the problem, people like this will do their best to solve it.

lifebuzz-37ff32dbb4d51add8ea5ebba0bfe6fe1-limit_2000.jpg

Confident

If your index finger is longer than your ring finger, you might be a particularly confident person. When you decide to do something, yo do it, and you’re not afraid to put yourself out there. People with fingers like this tend to always strive for more.
lifebuzz-502be6e2ccfd98d295437d1e05dcdea0-limit_2000.jpg

Peacenik
People with equal ring fingers and index fingers are well-organized, calm, and love to avoid conflict by any means necessary. As a result, they tend to be incredibly loyal to the people in their lives, and try to get along with everyone they encounter.
lifebuzz-3c22623f56150f1156a6e74ea346177b-limit_2000.jpg

C

Beauty runs the world. All the rest of us are pawns. Just mere pawns in their game. We can only applaud them and wish them well. For any resentment will get us cast down below to pits of regret and shame.

Back