Skip to main content

The Masked Singer AU 2020

Fair point bleach. But two decades ago? Given that the majority of the active audience for this popcorn show would be many years younger.
Its just too much of a strech imo. Nobody on gods green earth would have guessed it was bevan. 10 points who gussed it was a cricketer from 20 years ago who nobody knew could carry a tune. lol
And if they extrapolate to that level, the whole guessing game becomes pointless which , from my brief exposure, seems to be the essence of the show.
Im taking my critique to a silly level.
Im hoping echidna turns out to be bea smith from prisoner. For no aparent reason.
Yeah I do get that some might think it’s too much of a stretch. Out of interest my friend who told me she loved Michael Bevan is late 30’s. Hardly ancient and still in a lucrative marketing demographic.
Last years winner was Cody Simpson, one for the kids! I’m sure there will be a few for the younger generations this year.
Echidna was revealed last night haha, it was another sports star that the younger generation probably don’t know either. Mark Philippoussis.

Yeah I do get that some might think it’s too much of a stretch. Out of interest my friend who told me she loved Michael Bevan is late 30’s. Hardly ancient and still in a lucrative marketing demographic.
Last years winner was Cody Simpson, one for the kids! I’m sure there will be a few for the younger generations this year.
Echidna was revealed last night haha, it was another sports star that the younger generation probably don’t know either. Mark Philippoussis.
The show could redeem in my eyes if Sloth turned out to be dan andrews.
Not a political statement for those alarmists out there.
Just would be good to know the premier of my state could carry a tune.

The show could redeem in my eyes if Sloth turned out to be dan andrews.
Not a political statement for those alarmists out there.
Just would be good to know the premier of my state could carry a tune.
Imagine the outrage! He may as well take his family to Hawaii for a holiday. Hehe.

Imagine the outrage! He may as well take his family to Hawaii for a holiday. Hehe.
Imagine if he sang "Night fever" from the bee gees.
And then be unmasked after a terrible rendition.
Vic would go beserk.
Id be going into full hermit guns survivalist mode bunkering down.

I tried to give it a go meg. Put my cynic aside and enjoy some stupid fun.
But if they are going to be that lame with "celebrities"?
I mean, I find the whole thing pretty lame and stupid but at its core, surely its about having a reasonable chance to guess from the clues.
Doesnt have to be bleedingly obvious but bevan? really? Im a sports fan and Id largely forgotten him.
Echidna? My guess? A bulldogs player called Chris grant who played in the 90's. Didnt know he could sing tho.
LOL
I get the theatre but surely the raison d'etre is to have a resonable chance of guessing..
Otherwise, its just a pointless shitshow.

At least you gave it a go.
I was hoping you'd be swept up in the silliness and spectacle.
Totally agree that in a guessing game, the goals should be attainable due to non-ambiguous clues and recognisable voices

Another bugbear for me is the speaking voices giving the clues, they are often too squeaky to fully understand..

Not finding the performances as engaging as last year, Robot & Wolf were so good

And, Bret Lee & Bevan played together, both being part of the greatest Aussie cricket era ever
Did you guys know who Bret is last year?
Cricket lovers like me are happy to see legends again
Bevan was one of the best in one day cricket
Gillie, who you may know, high profile, rates him highly
Gillie is my hero in cricket, a wonderful human

The only one I could really pick from last night with certainty was Lucy Durak as the cactus.
For some reason I'm getting Casey Donovan vibes from Sloth, but Casey can sing alot better than what we heard last night.
Also, the speaking voice and the singing voice of the Bushranger couldn't be any different and really threw me!
The rest were very obscure, especially Michael Bevan's clues!

Reactions: kxk
Also, the speaking voice and the singing voice of the Bushranger couldn't be any different and really threw me!
I’m not sure how the clues match, but vocally (albeit purposely holding back) and even the way she was performing/roaming around the stage and especially her arm movements all screamed Mauboy to me.

Actually the one clue I can pick out is the Hands Up Gym. The first two words in her song Beautiful are “hands up...”.

I tried to give it a go meg. Put my cynic aside and enjoy some stupid fun.
But if they are going to be that lame with "celebrities"?
I mean, I find the whole thing pretty lame and stupid but at its core, surely its about having a reasonable chance to guess from the clues.
Doesnt have to be bleedingly obvious but bevan? really? Im a sports fan and Id largely forgotten him.

Echidna? My guess? A bulldogs player called Chris grant who played in the 90's. Didnt know he could sing tho.
LOL
I get the theatre but surely the raison d'etre is to have a resonable chance of guessing..
Otherwise, its just a pointless shitshow.
At least you gave it a go.
I was hoping you'd be swept up in the silliness and spectacle.
Totally agree that in a guessing game, the goals should be attainable due to non-ambiguous clues and recognisable voices

Another bugbear for me is the speaking voices giving the clues, they are often too squeaky to fully understand..

I'm a huge Michael Bevan fan but I didn't have any idea it was him and I agree that the clues are far too cryptic for the average person to work out.

I'm just watching the show now for the pure entertainment value of some mostly good singing of familiar tunes and the amazing costumes. No more guessing for me.

I also think that the panel's guesses border on ridiculous at times (worse than mine!) and I wish Dave Hughes would go away!

I wasn't really referring to Urzila probably more Dave Hughes. I appreciate Urzila's comedic skills and take her guesses as just another aspect of that (particularly liked the Terri, Bindi and Bob Irwin reference) but I think Dave tries to be funny but it just doesn't work and so his guesses fall flat for me and just sound stupid.

Urzila is a wonderful witty addition......she makes Hughes seem even worse
And I really like Danni, she gives good TV
Wonder why she has not tried more acting, she is far better than Kylie acting and singing in fact
But Kylie got the magic dust charisma

Anyone watched Danni in movies?
She did a great job as a teen, in a movie about super fans stuck in a basement trying to break into the Beatles hotel rooms

Back