Skip to main content

The Masked Singer AU 2020

Now seeing everyone this is my week 1 guesses.
Queen - Kate Miller Heidke
Wizard - Isiah Firebrace
Kitten - Julia Morris
Sloth - Katie Noonan
Goldfish - Christina Anu
Bushranger - Bonnie Anderson
Cactus - Lucy Durack
Frilled Neck - Eddie Perfect
Puppet - Sam Newman (or Mark Holden)

Now seeing everyone this is my week 1 guesses.
Queen - Kate Miller Heidke
Wizard - Isiah Firebrace
Kitten - Julia Morris
Sloth - Katie Noonan
Goldfish - Christina Anu
Bushranger - Bonnie Anderson
Cactus - Lucy Durack
Frilled Neck - Eddie Perfect
Puppet - Sam Newman (or Mark Holden)

The ads said one of the people on this year are a Hollywood actor + an Emmy Winner. So I am thinking Wizard could possibly be Zac Efron instead of Isaiah as Zac is in Byron Bay at the moment.

The Wizard is an interesting one... there are individual clues that definitely link it to four names: Isiah Firebolt, Chris Hemsworth, Zac Efron and Cosentino. But none of them fit all the clues as a whole.

Either way, I think this must be our “Hollywood” name.

Anyone else have further thoughts on this?

I can't see Chris Hemsworth or Zac Efron dancing and singing around in a silly costume for a light celebrity competition.

I'm going to throw an absurd suggestion out there, but hear me out...

A random thought - could Kitten turn out to be Rebel Wilson? I'm not saying it is, because I actually don't believe the voice sounds anything like her, but you have to admit the clues are plausible. So to keep up the guessing game, here are some connections I've noticed:
  • sings "not often and rarely in public" - isn't a traditional performer, as in doesn't sing for a living, but is known to sing in a few films (namely Pitch Perfect)
  • sings "late at night" - either referencing her past work in late-night sketch shows like The Wedge and Pizza, or a reference to Cats which is set entirely at nighttime
  • "a shoe thrown at us" - Rebel Wilson Shoes (is this her fashion line?)... I feel like this is the most convincing so far!
  • growl SFX - is this a dog? If so, her family are well-known dog handlers
  • "I should be used to the criticism, for every high there's been a low" whilst holding a lunchbox(?) with a cat on it, followed by a meow SFX - the flop that was the Cats movie, as well as the "lows" of her recent high-profile court case scandal
  • the close-up of the martini - are these two eels?! If so, she performed the role of Ursula in The Little Mermaid Live a couple years ago... and we all know who Ursula's sidekicks are!
  • "...left it all behind to seek the heat of the spotlight elsewhere"/"but I'm back home now" - moved to LA and has recently returned to Australia, she often splits her time between the two locations
  • all the cat references/the man at the end of clue package is holding up 9 fingers before he shatters - all references to Cats
  • "I feel the cold" - she played a character in Ice Age: Continental Drift
But some clues I can't match include the candy and lollipops, the hospital scrubs and "water has been an essential part of my life".

She does, however, fit the bill for a "Hollywood name" this season, and her whole body is masked by the costume which adds further doubt about the body shape. I believe Rebel is also currently in Melbourne and a more likely candidate than, say, Zac Efron.

Just a thought. ;)🤷‍♂️

A random thought - could Kitten turn out to be Rebel Wilson? I'm not saying it is, because I actually don't believe the voice sounds anything like her, but you have to admit the clues are plausible. So to keep up the guessing game, here are some connections I've noticed:
  • sings "not often and rarely in public" - isn't a traditional performer, as in doesn't sing for a living, but is known to sing in a few films (namely Pitch Perfect)
  • sings "late at night" - either referencing her past work in late-night sketch shows like The Wedge and Pizza, or a reference to Cats which is set entirely at nighttime
  • "a shoe thrown at us" - Rebel Wilson Shoes (is this her fashion line?)... I feel like this is the most convincing so far!
  • "I should be used to the criticism, for every high there's been a low" whilst holding a lunchbox(?) with a cat on it, followed by a meow SFX - the flop that was the Cats movie, as well as the "lows" of her recent high-profile court case scandal
  • the close-up of the martini - are these two eels?! If so, she performed the role of Ursula in The Little Mermaid Live a couple years ago... and we all know who Ursula's sidekicks are!
  • "...left it all behind to seek the heat of the spotlight elsewhere"/"but I'm back home now" - moved to LA and has recently returned to Australia, she often splits her time between the two locations
  • all the cat references/the man at the end of clue package is holding up 9 fingers before he shatters - all references to Cats
But some clues I can't match include the candy and lollipops, the hospital scrubs and "water has been an essential part of my life".

She does, however, fit the bill for a "Hollywood name" this season, and her whole body is masked by the costume which adds further doubt about the body shape. I believe Rebel is also currently in Melbourne and a more likely candidate than, say, Zac Efron.

Just a thought. ;)🤷‍♂️

If it is her she would have to get eliminated soon though as she is already back in LA.

The Wizard is an interesting one... there are individual clues that definitely link it to four names: Isiah Firebolt, Chris Hemsworth, Zac Efron and Cosentino. But none of them fit all the clues as a whole.

Either way, I think this must be our “Hollywood” name.

Anyone else have further thoughts on this?
I’ve been reading all the thoughts around wizard. I just think the tone is so clearly Isaiah Firebrace. I went to his winners journey concert, so have heard him live.
I am a fan but I will say he isn’t so strong in the upper register and Wizard belted some high notes on Firework. But they do use a little bit of auto tune yeah?

Just a thought. ;)🤷‍♂️
This would be great if it is!
love the way you dissect the clues mate.

I’m expecting big things re the Hollywood star. I hope I’m not disappointed like when they announced Dean Geyer on I’m A Celebrity 😂

Although, if he started an OnlyFans...

Frillneck playing chess with beetles while drinking juice.
Beetlejuice. No doubt it’s Eddie Perfect. I’m pretty proud that I picked that one before I saw anyone else guess him.

Back