Skip to main content

The I love ben thread

I don't think I have ever seen a Housemate like Ben all over the world. Does anybody agree? Whether you like him or hate him it doesn't matter. He is in that bracket of very few Housemates who say they are going to act in a certain way in the House, and they actually do act like that. Most say they are going to stir it up and they become pot plants and fly under the radar.

Anyway back to the original question, have you ever seen a Housemate like him?

Paul BB04.

He said he was going to stir the pot & he did.

He caused quite a few arguments in the house. (heaps with Merlin)

I still love him and think he's a fantastic housemate :)

Yeah same. He's a nasty little bitch but hey we were warned in his intro video. One of the few housemates to ever live up to their intro to liven and stir and get nasty and cause conflict. They all go in and roll over like submissive puppy dogs.

Paul BB04 stirred for his own amusement.

Ben isn't stupid. Nasty yes, stupid no. I remember back when he first came into the house, he was having a chat with Angie, and it turned into bitching about Estelle. He then goes straight to Estelle and tells her what Angie said about her (Note - not what HE said about her, but what Angie said about her). And that is how he operates.

I have lost count of the number of times I have seen Ben have a conversation with person A, lead that conversation into a bitchfest about person B. Then goes straight to person B and tells them everything person A said. He is playing the game hard, and is manipulating most of the other people in the house to make sure they don't trust or like each other.

He's definitely playing the game, but similar to Russel from Survivor, he seems to have forgotten that you have to get people to vote for you at the end. Russel played a really dirty game to get to the final three and then was actually surprised that the jury wouldn't vote for him. The same thing could happen to Ben but it will be the public who put him in his place. The public will never let him win because he's such a nasty turd, so I don't think he's playing a very smart game at all.

I love Ben's aloofness and absence of emotions, empathy and remorse.

I love how he manipulates and bullshits people to build up their self esteem with pep talks.

I love his aggression when he confronts people, throws water at them, and acts impulsively.

I love his Machiavellian egocentricity, fearlessness and coldheartedness.

Ben is awesome.

I love Ben too. He adds alot of spark to the house and makes things interesting instead of having a boring house where people just want to sit around and sleep all day.

Would love to see him win!

Yes Someone, he is a nasty little turd and he won't win. He's certainly not a sleeper housemate.

I'm so glad he's safe this week.

Yeah ben is great. So different to all of the other Housemates from any other season and I love game players! This season would be really boring without him I reckon. His occasional funny moments are a little added bonus as well!

I love Ben's aloofness and absence of emotions, empathy and remorse.

I love how he manipulates and bullshits people to build up their self esteem with pep talks.

I love his aggression when he confronts people, throws water at them, and acts impulsively.

I love his Machiavellian egocentricity, fearlessness and coldheartedness.

Standard hate script boilerplate. Same old litany of self affirming, fact avoiding psycho-drivel.

Meanwhile the people who live with Ben 24/7 and are best placed to judge just keep failing to nominate him. George, the only one who did this week confessed his inability to read people and then proved it by neutralising Ben's George free nomination points. Hoist on his own petard.

Wow.

There is not a whole lotta lovin' going on in the I Love Ben area of the forum!

rflmao, yeah but it makes strangely compelling reading,it has to be good if you're drawing Estelle savers like Sorceress into the thread, what next Madonna 's going to rock up with a conservative frock on ?

Standard hate script boilerplate. Same old litany of self affirming, fact avoiding psycho-drivel.

Meanwhile the people who live with Ben 24/7 and are best placed to judge just keep failing to nominate him. George, the only one who did this week confessed his inability to read people and then proved it by neutralising Ben's George free nomination points. Hoist on his own petard.

Is it true you're going to replace Jack McCoy in the next Law and Order series ?

btw Hoist with his own petard means blown up with his own bomb , in case there are any kids reading this

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a few problems with Ben the other week, but much of them are starting to go away. the problems I had was due to what he was saying about Estelle, but it seems that something has turned him around. I believe he is being genuine. I hope so anyway. He was the one that went to console her, he was one of the few that didn't nominate her (the other was Zoe - and of Ava who couldn't) and he was telling Zoe how great she is and how Zoe should somewhat be showing others how she is as well.

I really hope this is genuine as I would prefer to like him, than be annoyed with him.

I had a few problems with Ben the other week, but much of them are starting to go away. the problems I had was due to what he was saying about Estelle, but it seems that something has turned him around. I believe he is being genuine. I hope so anyway. He was the one that went to console her, he was one of the few that didn't nominate her (the other was Zoe - and of Ava who couldn't) and he was telling Zoe how great she is and how Zoe should somewhat be showing others how she is as well.

I really hope this is genuine as I would prefer to like him, than be annoyed with him.

came across genuine to me

Ben and Stacey are getting a lot of support over on the Facebook page because of their radio gig last night. Everyone keeps on saying how funny they were and how good they are together.

ben and Stacey's radio gig was hilarious at times, but for the most part, I only heard how much they were putting the other HMs down. I hope BB announces that all the HMs are gonna listen to everyone else's shows. I want to watch B&S' reactions :)

Last edited:
Back