Skip to main content

The I love ben thread

Yeah, 'cause he's talked to Zoe about how he didn't get her at first and thought they wouldn't get along but now he really likes her.

If he was that fake why doesn't he just fake affection to Estelle? He likes who he likes and he doesn't like who he doesn't. Of course, I can see how this will all be rationalised by an anti-Bender as some sort of grand scheme.

Yeah, there's a pack mentality. It's called group dynamics. Sometimes it's not pretty. It's not as ugly as unapologetic and non-ironic comparisons of HMs to...

Adolf Hitler.
Yeah whatever can you stop quoting me, I'm sick of reading your repetitive crap.
You offer nothing to me, Ben could fire a gun and you'd still blabber some bullshit about Ben that painted him in a good light.
You're right up there with DS, but im sure at least DS doesn't excuse this sort of treatment with hm.

I have no respect for Ben fans, at all.

You don't know any of us apart from a few words, pretty big call to say you have no respect for anyone that likes Ben. We aren't saying you suck as a human for liking Estelle.

You do realise people in life have different opinions about things don't you? And calling people names doesn't usually help win them around to your way of thinking.

You don't know any of us apart from a few words, pretty big call to say you have no respect for anyone that likes Ben. We aren't saying you suck as a human for liking Estelle.

You do realise people in life have different opinions about things don't you? And calling people names doesn't usually help win them around to your way of thinking.
I'm pretty sure i haven't called anyone names?
It's more than difference of opinion.....there's a right and wrong going on here.
I have no respect, his behaviour is clearly wrong....don't know how anyone could defend it to be honest.
The sheer fact that many regret voting for Ben speaks volumes.

Yeah whatever can you stop quoting me, I'm sick of reading your repetitive crap.
You offer nothing to me, Ben could fire a gun and you'd still blabber some bullshit about Ben that painted him in a good light.
You're right up there with DS, but im sure at least DS doesn't excuse this sort of treatment with hm.

I have no respect for Ben fans, at all.
You have no respect for me? Oh no! ::cuts::

There is not right and wrong going on here, there are differences of opinion. With the limited footage we see, none of us can call right or wrong and to claim you are right is just arrogant.

There is not right and wrong going on here, there are differences of opinion. With the limited footage we see, none of us can call right or wrong and to claim you are right is just arrogant.
Oh the whole editing thing.
Pray tell what are they editing out? Estelle would have had to have murdered a small village to deserve the segregation that she's gotten.

It's not a difference of opinion, stop hiding behind such a weak excuse - You don't like Estelle so you don't really give a shit about her poor treatment.

You have no respect for me? Oh no! ::cuts::
LOL I wouldn't lose any sleep over it ;)

Me thinks people are getting way too passionate over a character on a highly edited reality TV show. I love Big Brother, but let’s face it -it is the junk food of TV.

I love Ben stacks - he makes the show interesting to me and I'd probably get bored and stop watching if he was evicted. I don't want to watch a bunch of people sit around and play nice for 2 months, I'd rather watch paint dry.

And if that loses me the respect of some anonymous forumite that I don't know - well that is just super tragic...:rolleyes:

Yeah whatever can you stop quoting me, I'm sick of

...the sound of your own voice.

Ben could fire a gun and you'd still blabber some bullshit about Ben that painted him in a good light.

When Ben was Head of House you claimed he could be seriously compared to Hitler. It seems you're standing by that claim. Ben could point his finger and say "bang" and you'd accuse him of firing a gun.

Estelle didn't seem to think he needed to be nominated for his "Hitler" style of leadership. Do you think that's because she's a Nazi sympathiser or just stupid? Either way, you've got a pretty low opinion of her. With supporters like you... Sheesh!

I'm not heavily invested in any of the housemates either to be perfectly honest but I still find it highly amusing the extent Ben supporters go to rationalize and defend the indefensible. supermonster is the worst culprit of this working over time to rebutt comments painting Ben in a negative light that he's surely got to be on some sort of commission. :D

Pray tell what are they editing out?

How the hell do I know!!!!! This is the whole flipping point. They are not even showing us events in chronological order for flips sake. Don't put words into my mouth either. I disagree on all levels that Ben has done anything out of the ordinary and once again he is not the only one in there who has a problem with Estelle, obviously something about her behavior irks people and irks them good.

the extent Ben supporters go to rationalize and defend the indefensible.

Geez in YOUR OPINION it is indefensible, I see nothing to defend.

Estelle would have had to have murdered a small village to deserve the segregation that she's gotten.

Okay, I have this mental image of Estelle murdering a small village, presumably the village was accessible due to some task, and then imagining that the only consequence was not being liked by a majority of HMs (in line with what we're seeing on the DS).

That is a mind blowing scenario. I am aghast. I'm sorry that you feel I offer you nothing on this forum. You, on the other hand, give me everything. Please keep posting this stuff.

I'm not heavily invested in any of the housemates either to be perfectly honest but I still find it highly amusing the extent Ben supporters go to rationalize and defend the indefensible. supermonster is the worst culprit of this working over time to rebutt comments painting Ben in a negative light that he's surely got to be on some sort of commission. :D

So this is you when you're NOT invested in the housemates?! Wow...

Oh the whole editing thing.
Pray tell what are they editing out? Estelle would have had to have murdered a small village to deserve the segregation that she's gotten.

It's not a difference of opinion, stop hiding behind such a weak excuse - You don't like Estelle so you don't really give a shit about her poor treatment.
I think the "whole editing thing" as you put it is quite a valid argument considering you and many others on here are comparing him to one of the worst human beings ever but he isn't even being nominated. Does that not prove to you that we are only getting half of the picture and there is more to all of this then we are seeing on the show? If he is such a horrible, mean, nasty person why come he received no noms votes two Monday's ago and only 3 or 4 last Monday?

Ben is a sneaky cat who would backstab you, but then would have the guts to repeat it to your face. I reckon he is hilarious and says what everyone is thinking, he will go far.
His little song he did for Stacey, is a changed version of the Gilly skit song, from Saturday Night Live though

There is not right and wrong going on here, there are differences of opinion. With the limited footage we see, none of us can call right or wrong

I completely agree with you, and was thinking about this after the daily show last night. As an example. In the last 24 hours, I've not fought/bullied/been nasty to anyone whatsoever, far from it. I can however, think of at LEAST half a dozen comments/jokes that I've made, and a couple of conversations I've had that if an independent observer saw and heard only those comments, and out of context, they'd think I was a total bitch. We don't see enough of everything else that the 'main offenders' say & do.

I completely agree with you, and was thinking about this after the daily show last night. As an example. In the last 24 hours, I've not fought/bullied/been nasty to anyone whatsoever, far from it. I can however, think of at LEAST half a dozen comments/jokes that I've made, and a couple of conversations I've had that if an independent observer saw and heard only those comments, and out of context, they'd think I was a total bitch. We don't see enough of everything else that the 'main offenders' say & do.

Excellent point. After reading this I thought back on my day and there would have been several cringe-worthy statements I made that would have had certain forum posters screaming for my head if taken out of context.

How the hell do I know!!!!! This is the whole flipping point.
*Cue snorty laughter*

I don't think I have ever seen a Housemate like Ben all over the world. Does anybody agree? Whether you like him or hate him it doesn't matter. He is in that bracket of very few Housemates who say they are going to act in a certain way in the House, and they actually do act like that. Most say they are going to stir it up and they become pot plants and fly under the radar.

Anyway back to the original question, have you ever seen a Housemate like him?

I think the "whole editing thing" as you put it is quite a valid argument considering you and many others on here are comparing him to one of the worst human beings ever but he isn't even being nominated. Does that not prove to you that we are only getting half of the picture and there is more to all of this then we are seeing on the show? If he is such a horrible, mean, nasty person why come he received no noms votes two Monday's ago and only 3 or 4 last Monday?

Ben isn't stupid. Nasty yes, stupid no. I remember back when he first came into the house, he was having a chat with Angie, and it turned into bitching about Estelle. He then goes straight to Estelle and tells her what Angie said about her (Note - not what HE said about her, but what Angie said about her). And that is how he operates.

I have lost count of the number of times I have seen Ben have a conversation with person A, lead that conversation into a bitchfest about person B. Then goes straight to person B and tells them everything person A said. He is playing the game hard, and is manipulating most of the other people in the house to make sure they don't trust or like each other.

Wow.

There is not a whole lotta lovin' going on in the I Love Ben area of the forum!

Back