Skip to main content

The Hotplate... is anyone going to bother watching it?...

Not trying to be funny, but this really did happen to me once.
I was doing a course, and the boss lady called me into her office one day.
When I returned one of the other trainees asked what the boss wanted, and I replied "Nothing much, just got hauled over the coals for being late."
This woman's eyes widened in horror. "Hauled over to Coles???" she gasped, glancing in fear in the direction of the main road, on which there was indeed a Coles store, possibly trembling in anticipation of being hauled over there herself.
Oh dear. LOL

Felt a bit sorry for old Philippe tonight, maybe he's just too set in his ways.

...I liked him and thought that he and his son would do really well but he refused to take advice from the judges... he refused to listen to his son... he didn't want to change his ways or alter his menu to score better so he can only really blame himself can't he?... that's why I can't really understand why he went on this show for?... it's like it's like Nols and Christina... they flatly refuse to try any of the others food but get to vote... how are they allowed to do that?... if they refuse to eat the food the team being judged should be given the highest score allowed automatically in my opinion... if they won't try the others food then why are they on the show for crying out loud?... cheers.

the old french guy he is not the cook in his kitchen, he has three other cook that do it all , and the younger one doesnt cook at all, he is front of house . they are doing quite well . looking forward to tonight.

the old french guy he is not the cook in his kitchen, he has three other cook that do it all , and the younger one doesnt cook at all, he is front of house . they are doing quite well . looking forward to tonight.

Hi kenn, how are you going?

I like the French team, I hope they can move with the times and revise their menu before the end of the series.

I thought the same about Conrad, when he didn't even know where stuff was, that he probably does a lot of supervising others in the kitchen and didn't realise how far off his game he had gotten.

...I liked him and thought that he and his son would do really well but he refused to take advice from the judges... he refused to listen to his son... he didn't want to change his ways or alter his menu to score better so he can only really blame himself can't he?... that's why I can't really understand why he went on this show for?... it's like it's like Nols and Christina... they flatly refuse to try any of the others food but get to vote... how are they allowed to do that?... if they refuse to eat the food the team being judged should be given the highest score allowed automatically in my opinion... if they won't try the others food then why are they on the show for crying out loud?... cheers.

You'd think Philippe would be looking to retire soon anyway. If he's still in business with a menu that hasn't changed for 30 years, surely it could last another 5.

I'm pretty sure Nols and Christina are on the show because of their ridiculous attitudes, not in spite of them.

I think the girls were scored harshly tonight. It must be frustrating when the threatened people label you "safe", and others won't even try your food.

On one hand you've got people are complaining it's safe, on the other hand you've got people turning up their noses because it's something they've never eaten before, you really can't please anyone.

On one hand you've got people are complaining it's safe, on the other hand you've got people turning up their noses because it's something they've never eaten before, you really can't please anyone.

...that''s what my problem is with this show Oddjob... they turn their noses up on the food served to them and even refuse to eat the food... that should not be allowed and if they do the people serving the food should be given maximum points as a penalty for them refusing to eat it... that way the Nolsies and the Christina's of the world would be more than eager to eat it... how can they score them without even tasting their food?... it doesn't make sense... cheers.

...it sounds mean but I'm so hoping that these two nasty bitches fail miserably... them to be in the playoff and losing to the Frenchies... one can only hope... can't one?...:sneaky::whistling:... cheers.

Please let something unfortunate happen to the odious woman whose specialty is seafood but she refuses to eat octopus.

...they should tie her to a chair next to Christina and force feed the pair of whingey whiney bitches everything that they refuse to eat... how Marie and Emi did not go at them with meat cleavers is beyond me... I would have literally grabbed them by the scruff of their necks and used my sized 12 hob-nailed boot right up to my ankles to kick them out on their big fat arses telling them both that they are 'not to my palette' with a big grin on my face...

...seriously... how they get away with what they do is appalling... Ami and Marie did well enough to wipe that stupid grin off Aron and Vanessa's faces but those two bitches underscored them too much to prevent that from happening... it's just so wrong... (I'm not a happy camper in regards to this as you can guess)... I really do hope that Loz and Nolls fail miserably like Christina and Tania did on their night... I expect it to be a Marie/Emi and Aron/Vanessa playoff in the grand final and I hope to see the Japanese girls win it big time... wouldn't that finally wipe that stupid idiotic smug grin off of his arrogant know-it-all face?... please let that happen... PLEASE!!!!... cheers.

...Aron and Vanessa really do need to be knocked off their pedestal don't they?... I just hope that Marie and Ami manage to deflate their large egos with a bang... they're the only ones capable of being able to do it... when there are only a a few teams and the contestants can't score each other any more and only the judges are scoring then that will be the time when the girls get fairly evaluated as far as I'm concerned... cheers.

I haven't watched any of the shows this week. Bit hectic so I've relied on your commentary to keep me up to date lol.

Every time I see Aron I can't help wondering if his facial expression depicting someone smelling something bad is because he spends most of his time with his head up his own a.....

I haven't watched any of the shows this week. Bit hectic so I've relied on your commentary to keep me up to date lol.

Every time I see Aron I can't help wondering if his facial expression depicting someone smelling something bad is because he spends most of his time with his head up his own a.....

...it is a bit like that isn't it in here?... we do tend to go into quite a lot of details at times reviewing these shows eh?... lol!... cheers.

...I saw an AD this morning for 'The Hotplate' and it says that they are bringing Liam and Conrad back for the finals next week?... I thought that this run would've only been about half to three quarters the way through for sure... looks like I can only hate some of these people for another week only... what a pity... I was just getting started... oh well!...lol!...

...wouldn't it be great if they stop the remaining contestants from being able to continue to vote against each other because they are deliberately scoring low against each other and have it that only the two judges and Conrad and Liam do the rest of the judging and scoring from now on?... that would quickly screw over Aron and Vanessa wouldn't it?... that idiotic annoying smirk would disappear really quickly!... one can only dream eh?... Marie and Emi to win this peoples!... cheers.

...I'm glad this is on tonight... it seems like a couple of weeks since we saw the last episode to me... I'm looking forward to Liam's bitchiness tonight lol!... cheers.

Back