Skip to main content

THE COUCH - TV Chat Thread

Didn't know where to put this query - but does anyone know what's happened to James Weir? I love his recaps and really miss him doing Big Brother recaps in particular. At the start of May there was some woman saying James would be gone for two weeks and she was covering for him.

"Before we begin – I must address the elephant in the room, in that I am the elephant recapping tonight’s episode in the room and not James Weir.

James is currently undergoing an internal investigation after eating all the lentils in the news.com.au office and will return in two weeks. I sure hope he does anyway, I already miss his vicious mocking of all the things bogans like."

That was May 4. I hope he is not unwell.

@February I know you are such a big fan of Oasis so I thought I would let you know Noel Gallagher is guest programming rage this weekend. 😃
Wow, thanks for that. So glad I came by and saw your post. I'll be recording that right now!
EDIT - Done :D

Last edited:
I've just started watching Love On The Spectrum.
How come I keep finding the tear jerkers 😥

Reactions: kxk
Is anyone watching FWAW? I laugh a lot because I married a farmer (grazier/accountant) a very long time ago and no way did he expect me to help with sheep, cattle, chooks or anything else for that matter...that's not the reason he wanted to marry me...he wanted a wife not a farm hand!

Also, one of the Farmer's (have no idea who really but I think the youngest one from NSW) has a real problem with Patterson's Curse. See, I have learnt something by being married to a former grazier. Hahaha!

Is anyone watching FWAW? I laugh a lot because I married a farmer (grazier/accountant) a very long time ago and no way did he expect me to help with sheep, cattle, chooks or anything else for that matter...that's not the reason he wanted to marry me...he wanted a wife not a farm hand!

Also, one of the Farmer's (have no idea who really but I think the youngest one from NSW) has a real problem with Patterson's Curse. See, I have learnt something by being married to a former grazier. Hahaha!
I'm watching it, though it's already started to descend into Bachelor-style cattiness and jealousy.

I had to google that.
That's the purple flowers/weeds/whatever.
It's very pretty. I noticed that when they first went to his farm.
Should we start a thread on this?

I'm watching it, though it's already started to descend into Bachelor-style cattiness and jealousy.
I guess it's inevitable that claws will come out when you put a group of women together all vying for the same 'prize'. Don't know why anyone subjects themselves to it really.
Yup. All the first dates were going nicely, and now it's already turning ugly.
love it! 😂
Yes, it would be very boring if it was a love fest with all the women. 🤣
I had to google that.
That's the purple flowers/weeds/whatever.
It's very pretty. I noticed that when they first went to his farm.
Should we start a thread on this?
Yes, the pretty purple flowers...they take over pasture and livestock don't like to eat it but they will if there's no choice but it's poisonous to some. Oh, and I don't know as much about it as I thought I did...it only has one 't'. 🤣

I'd participate in a thread for it if it was made.

I watched the first ep of Making It. It's the same format as MasterChef and Lego Masters. The hosts are just not funny and I thought the whole show kinda falls flat. I won't be watching again. Did anyone like it?

Reactions: kxk
I watched the first ep of Making It. It's the same format as MasterChef and Lego Masters. The hosts are just not funny and I thought the whole show kinda falls flat. I won't be watching again. Did anyone like it?
I haven't. The clips I've seen of it just haven't drawn me in.

I recorded it because my mum was interested.
Tried episode one last night.
She fell asleep and I turned it off before the end, so won't be bothering again.

Cheers guys, yeah it seems like 10 missed the mark with this one.
It's a shame, as the clips I saw today seemed a bit more interesting after you said the format was similar to Masterchef, and I could see that.
Might be something I'll look at on catchup when there isn't anything on over Christmas.

I might have checked it out, but I’m really not a fan of Harley Breen.

I can’t stand Susie what’s her name
She is not even mildly amusing, she needs a new career path, and do not let her back on the Project

And I cannot stand crafting crap, eeeewwww yuck and poo
Weirdo people with too much time to waste
Every crafty crap thing I have seen....is hideous and sooooo laborious.
I saw one clip of a woman making a bikini from an old umbrella, just insane and a whole lot of work

But thought this would have an audience, considering all that craft crap in Spotlight and Lyncraft...
Maybe they can’t watch tv, crafting takes all of their time

It looks like terrible casting to me.
ALL the guys are big boofy lugs (including bloody Locky and Barry Hall).
There's something wrong when the biggest star is Melissa Tkautz.

Back