THE COUCH - TV Chat Thread

Meglos

HAVE A NECTARINE, GONK
Did anyone else find the conclusion of SAS Australia a disappointment?

Not the episode itself, or the celebrities, who I thought were a great cast this year.

But the way they were randomly eliminated just so that only one of them could be crowned the 'winner'.

All five of the finalists did everything that was asked of them, and as far as I could tell completed the SAS selection course.

So then the officers decided to eliminate them anyway, for random and petty reasons.

I know it's just a tv show, but it didn't deliver what it promised for the participants, who didn't deserve to be treated so poorly.
I mean REALLY, the last we saw of a Home & Away actor was when one of the officers said "get this piece of shit out of here".
That will do wonders for his already delicate mental health, I'm sure.

bleachy_dude

Awesome site donor

This gives me great hope that when they finally do Idol, they are going to do it right!!

Australian Idol
“We’re not going to make COVID-compromised shows because we see what happens when they get made in many overseas markets, and they don’t perform. So if we’re going to bring back Idol, it has to be the Idol that people are expecting: crowds, live, bigger than Ben Hur, and that’s what we’re going to do. So the conditions have to be appropriate for that to happen. That that will determine the timing on it. But clearly, it’s not going to be Q1. We would had to have been in production for a number of months already.”

Meglos

HAVE A NECTARINE, GONK
What is the version of SAS starting next week, a non-celebrity version?
If so I'm not really interested, it's the celebrities rather than the format that makes it interesting.
Otherwise it's just randoms shouting.

timmy

100% Free. Apply now!
Awesome site donor
I watched the first ep of Making It. It's the same format as MasterChef and Lego Masters. The hosts are just not funny and I thought the whole show kinda falls flat. I won't be watching again. Did anyone like it?
According to 10's 2022 Up Fronts, Making It has been dumped.

oddjob

Battle with monsters, lest ye become a monster
So Making It didn’t. I was looking through the 10 upfront trying to think what was missing, didn’t notice.

timmy

100% Free. Apply now!
Awesome site donor
So Making It didn’t. I was looking through the 10 upfront trying to think what was missing, didn’t notice.
"the axe has fallen on Making It Australia and Hughesy We Have a Problem while decisions linger for Bondi Rescue, The Cube, Territory Cops, How to Stay Married."

I won't lose any sleep over Hughesy, either.