Skip to main content

THE COUCH - TV Chat Thread

31 + 11 + 8 + 6 + 6 + 3 + 3 = 68% of the votes on that category.

That leaves me with 32%. 33.3% is NOT rounded down to 32% percent.

Tbh, I dont care. And also tbh, I want both you and Timmy to keep joyfully jousting.

tumblr_o6owmrN3lw1urli1fo1_250.gifv

Abby looking for Peter and encountering new people/characters was pretty much the theme of S1. They must have been a bit flummoxed when Seymour left. I felt cheated though by the way the writers handled it. I suppose if they had killed her off the viewers might not have returned either. S3 just gets more and more bizarre.

As for their hair, in the initial scenes of the first ep you can see Seymour was wearing a wig before that risque (for its time) shower scene with her cutting her hair short. Also, you'll notice also that their clothes are always nice and clean. One of the actors said it's obviously much easier for continuity when they're always clean.

There's a whole website dedicated to the show here. I do find it a fascinating little window into a very white and middle class 1970s England though.
Finished it all. S3 was again quite a departure from the previous season. The just-missed-him search for Greg dragged on a bit too long. The penultimate episode with Agnes in uniform setting up a new country in Greg's name was almost like something out of The Goodies. I wonder what the story with Ian McCulloch's absence was.

Overall I'm glad I watched it. But they clearly didn't know exactly what to do with the show in the long run and I'm not sad it ended when it did.

. I wonder what the story with Ian McCulloch's absence was.
I understand he had left the show, but had already written and (I think also) directed his departure episode. So the writers did with his character exactly what they did with Abby, except that viewers did at least get closure on him. Season three had such ridiculous and bizarre storylines. But I suppose they couldn't have made three seasons of Abby setting up a nice commune and growing veges and living happily ever after. Despite all its flaws I still have a soft spot for the show.

Will you watch the reboot series?

I have seen the UK version of this show.

You get a choice of 1 vs 1, 2 vs 1, 3 vs 1 and 4 vs 1 with various time limits for each.

Pretty good show. People should audition.

Ok...rewind of last night...Farmer Wants A Wife. I can't promise that I will be any more lucid *hic* nor can I promise that I will get any of their names right either BUT I think Harry has a lot of gall getting pissed of with Kalarna for maybe hedging her bets. HE is the one dating three or four women! What's a girl to do? Haha! Especially when you're a pescatarian and end up on a sheep grazier's property.

I understand he had left the show, but had already written and (I think also) directed his departure episode. So the writers did with his character exactly what they did with Abby, except that viewers did at least get closure on him. Season three had such ridiculous and bizarre storylines. But I suppose they couldn't have made three seasons of Abby setting up a nice commune and growing veges and living happily ever after. Despite all its flaws I still have a soft spot for the show.

Will you watch the reboot series?
Yes, I guess they had to up the ante from the cow getting into the cabbage patch.
I don’t think I’ll watch the reboot, I’ve had this version bleeding into my dreams about the end of the world every night for a while.

I don’t think I’ll watch the reboot, I’ve had this version bleeding into my dreams about the end of the world every night for a while.
Oh dear. I was going to suggest if you'd like a similar post apocalyptic alternative there's always The Last Train, a six part miniseries from 1999, also British. But I guess not. Back to The Good Life, perhaps?

Devs is a great sci-fi show. If you liked Ex-Machina, you'll like this, it's also by Alex Garland. Gorgeous too.

At their 10th birthday last year, Beverley McGarvey also told the production team, “The reason The Project is so successful is when we watch we see the best of society reflected back at us. We see something confronting, provocative, thoughtful and considered. It’s a place where conversations can begin.

“A lot of other shows bring out the worst in us, but I think it’s amazing to have show everyday that shows the best of what people can be.”

So true.

Reactions: kxk
Back