Skip to main content

The Celebrity Apprentice 2022

Thoughts on yesterday's episode:
- Neither social media advertisement was very good.
- I actually thought that Innovate had the better ad.
- Losing for not idiot-proofing... Sounds like this series as a whole...
- Ronnie, FUCK OFF!
- OK, Ronnie did fuck off. Why couldn't he stay fucked off?
- Seriously, Lord Sugar, what he did to Jean would result in IMMEDIATE TERMINATION in any other business setting. The right thing to do would have been to fire Ronnie, even with his team winning!
- Since MYOB decided the winning and losing groups, if they did have to fire someone from Innovate, it really should have been Benji. The problem was with the messaging, Benji was in charge of messaging.
- I've said all along that this particular series is rigged (or at least has a lot of producer manipulation). This is very evident by their choice of the Final 4. Ronnie is causing a lot of drama, drama apparently equals good TV, so he has to stay. Benji is a huge name (at least for Sydney) and he is also standing up to Ronnie, he has to stay. Darren and Ronnie clash, Darren has to stay. If it hadn't been rigged, the Final 4 would have been Darren, Bronte, Jean and either Amy or Benji.
- Darren was obviously going to win the series out of this Final 4, at least until he got sick. If he gets back, he'll win. Otherwise Benji will win.

Thoughts on yesterday's episode:
- Neither social media advertisement was very good.
- I actually thought that Innovate had the better ad.
- Losing for not idiot-proofing... Sounds like this series as a whole...
- Ronnie, FUCK OFF!
- OK, Ronnie did fuck off. Why couldn't he stay fucked off?
- Seriously, Lord Sugar, what he did to Jean would result in IMMEDIATE TERMINATION in any other business setting. The right thing to do would have been to fire Ronnie, even with his team winning!
- Since MYOB decided the winning and losing groups, if they did have to fire someone from Innovate, it really should have been Benji. The problem was with the messaging, Benji was in charge of messaging.
- I've said all along that this particular series is rigged (or at least has a lot of producer manipulation). This is very evident by their choice of the Final 4. Ronnie is causing a lot of drama, drama apparently equals good TV, so he has to stay. Benji is a huge name (at least for Sydney) and he is also standing up to Ronnie, he has to stay. Darren and Ronnie clash, Darren has to stay. If it hadn't been rigged, the Final 4 would have been Darren, Bronte, Jean and either Amy or Benji.
- Darren was obviously going to win the series out of this Final 4, at least until he got sick. If he gets back, he'll win. Otherwise Benji will win.
I thought they wouldn't manipulate like they do to other TV Reality shows, but now I believe they are no better. I liked Ronnie on the Block but not any more, he is a horrible person who should have been fired. Last night he went too far, and I believe the show is rigged

I wish Ronnie had been fired for workplace harassment.
I think Lord Sugar secretly likes him because they are both ruthless and money-focussed.

I saw an article today where the winner was "announced" (by means of betting odds...)

Apparently Benji wins... I'm not suprised...

That was another bit of an interesting one due to the nature of the task. I felt a bit for the lady left over from the casting not being picked to have some fun filming, but then again the tradies ended up going home and not being used either.

I think the only one left to come out of this with some dignity as to how they've come across at times while 'playing the game' might be Benji if he wins. Whatever causes Darren to start getting mouthy next ep, he might have a Martha moment from last year that does him out of the Finale.

And from comments Ive read this show isn't doing so well in PR for Amy's image either now she's started playing a bit rough in the last two challenges. And Ronnie, well, its just baffling how even if it its manipulated and scripted to a certain degree, why would you willingly put yourself forward to be portrayed like that.

He was pretty good as a voice of reason and level headed in the first half I thought up until Beck started the alliance with him and he's just gone right off the rails. It's definitely an interesting Final 4.

Wonder if for the final task they bring back some helpers. Wonder who they could be and if it would be good value if just for any wacky hijinks, like Deni Hines all the way back in 2011 being chaotic with the colour of the fake baby or whatever "You messed with the wrong black woman tu-DAIYE!" lol. Maybe bring Will & Woody, Vince, Carla, Gamble or Jarrod back.

I knew nothing about Amy Shark before this show, and now I know she's not very nice.
So... great PR.
I think she is really good on the eyes. Her eyes are just so beautiful…

She was ok in the last episode but the one in which she managed her team; yeah not all nice but not terrible. Bit of an ego there and she lost it for us all to see haha

Thoughts about tonight's episode:
- The preview has Darren very aggressive. That seems so out of character...
- Benji very emotional, just call Darren...
- I'm glad that Darren is OK and can still participate.
- Amy would have had a better pitch if she'd sung "Amy Shark (doo doo doo doo doo doo)". Good song, on pitch, but still a terrible pitch... "That's what Stan is for" and then "Can I leave now" hahaha.
- Ronnie hates women... Yeah we know... Also that's brave (and stupid) pitching the same series as the guy judge 🤣
- Darren shits all over the first two...
- Awwww Benji... I can see you on "Who Do You Think You Are". Also take an Ancestry DNA test, there's a good chance they'll be able to get you in touch with some relatives. Also it's obvious that you're going to the Grand Final.
- And he is...
- Yeah Amy, we knew you were never making the Grand Final. Doo doo doo doo doo doo doo away...
- Oooh that final Boardroom was AWFUL! Sugar was probably very pissed off that he couldn't fire them both. Darren, stop trying to get yourself fired!
- Oh thank GOD Ronnie is finally gone!

What the fuck was that?

Also, bring back Darren's forward-combed hair.

Looking forward to seeing, I hope, Carla and Darren reunited in the finale tomorrow night.

The best final two.
Thank god the male sasshole is gone. I don't know what he thinks a sense of humour is, but he is missing one.

Looking forward to seeing Carla and Jean in the finale (hopefully).

That episode was 😳

Excited for the finale!! It feels like Benji is going to win and well deserved!!!!

Amy 🦈 was not much of a fighter for her charity like I hoped! She is more like “my awesomeness means I should win, automatically “. 😆

Fairly simple task angle compared to last years 'make a product line out of a certain item' wasn't it? Benefit of the doubt to Ronnie, Sorry Mr Ovine but I've never seen 'The Other Guy' either, Maybe I've vaguely heard about it but yeah, that hook comes up in a ton of things (walking in on cheating other half) but for the purposes of the task, ok ill give them that STAN already have something along similar lines.

That being said, Benji's sounds very 'Who Do You Think You Are' although I guess the clincher was his pitch was on point and its mixed with a little bit of sports bio-doco and will bring in a target demographic but still broader appeal (tick) and something not sure if Stan has a lot of documentary style stuff. I wonder if they're gonna follow through and produce that to release in October.

Amy didn't follow through, and Darrens was ok, maybe would've won if Benji wasn't so on his game (badoom tish). As for the Boardroom, speaking of their mouth doing themselves in, lets be frank, Ronnie was never getting into the Finale unless via winning the golden pass, Darren's outburst or not I'd say based on the events of the last few episodes.

However I do think like I mentioned before, when it comes to black book contacts certain celebrities seem like they'd have a bit of an advantage in who they know. Although in Ronnie's case yeah it might be true saving it for the Finale comes across as more a 'win at any cost' self centred action than a 'my contacts don't have the deep pockets to continually pour money into charities multiple times in a short period' as some others maybe. But maybe that's not an issue depending on the celebrity. But also what about a few weeks back Darren when all you could muster for an appearance was Carla from bloody Bankstown? Holding back hmm? jokes.

Anyways in a similar fashion Darren might've done his dash unless he pulls out something show stopping over Benji in the Finale to have him on equal footing to win back Sugar's favour. We'll See. and Look! returnee helpers!

Thoughts about the Grand Final:
- Darren, stop whinging...
- Funny that three of the former contestants want to play with Benji, but only one will play with Darren. What's gone on behind the scenes?
- I like Benji's idea better. But I agree with Janine, they could do a gold coin donation for each person going in, and potentially make $36 000. If you don't want to have a set price, just have some tin rattlers at the entrance and ask people to donate what they can...
- Hi Stuart Diver...
- Darren, that's a stupid idea to put it on an island, you deserve all your logistical nightmares...
- As soon as the Wiggles come out, it's pretty obvious who wins...
- Benji, stop giving shit away, you want money to come in! You only do that if some big sponsor buys all the merch and tells you to distribute it! Actually, maybe that did happen, the editing is very suspicious...
- I didn't like Darren's event much at all, but the silent auction website was a good idea.
- Wasn't Benji supposed to wear the Harvey Norman t-shirt?
- Fireworks!
- Miss MoneyPenny sat on a dollar sign...
- Darren's jacket at the Final Boardroom is a great colour.
- I wonder if they'll split the $100 000, it's been done before...
- This final boardroom looks like one of those Murder Mystery dinner shows...
- "I hope your magicians are better than me, I've been trying to make you disappear for weeks..." 🤣
- "Who are the Wiggles?" - Go back to the UK Sugar!
- Congratulations Benji!

I liked Darren a lot on this show, so that was really painful to watch. I kept thinking edgily, okay so when are the others going to join him and Carla and help set up and start calling their rich contacts?? Horrible...

Even though he didn't win, he raised the most money out of the final two throughout the season - $577,000 vs Benji's total of $447,000 - and put on a stellar event.

good finale, the last task to put something on felt to me like an enormous task last year and this year. If it was me I think I'd have trouble knowing where to start or what to do to begin on my own I reckon so props to them.

The Benji sucking to his guns with the heart of making it free and then just handing out the merch willy nilly reminded me of the end of one of those movies where the character is just so close to easily getting what they want/winning something, but they opt to throw it aside for a nobler principle.

Was surprised he was still able to pull it off but then again maybe they had an inkling they were already 'in the black' to quote an earlier task and could afford to be a bit loose with it for the message of the thing Benji was going for. Were Benji and Woody matching outfits for a bit there?

What was the name of Darren's Charity again? could start a count the amount of times it was namedropped haha. and recognise those 'big bus Sydney' tours from like task 2 last season? what a callback.

Well done to all. Thats a wrap!

I enjoyed it, but I call shenanigans.

Benji was obviously the nicest person and the *heart* winner,
But how did he even make any money? Either someone fiddled the books or they are giving a dishonest edit.
And don't get me started on how they organised everything in 24 hours.
The Wiggles alone would be booked for months in advance, and did non-performer Benji really get a costume fitted and learn a full routine in a few hours? I have an aversion to them anyway, but good on them for doing it for free,
How did Darren and Carla manage to transform a shed into a beautiful ballroom overnight, as well as everything else they supposedl;y did?

Still, it's for charity, so well done everyone.

- How about Lord Sugar’s “I’ll see you in the boardrym”.
- Darren was clearly given a rented pad with harbour views.
- It’s funny how some of these celebrities end up worse off after doing reality while others just shine.
- Love Moneypenny’s outfits and sass.

Back