Skip to main content

The Celebrity Apprentice 2022

Thoughts about Tuesday's episode:
- Carla's team was by far the team with the best concept, and put on the best show.
- I was actually surprised by a lot of the feedback that her team got, yes it did have the novelty factor, but "novelty" actually is becoming quite mainstream now.
- Reggie would have had a better vision for Beck's team...
- Am I the only one who thinks that the garments on their team would have ended up gold (mined) anyway?
- Lord Sugar thinks they would have won with their original concept?
- Based on the challenge, it actually was the right person to go home, but what a way to do it! Beck and Ronnie should go back to the cesspools they crawled out of.

Thoughts about Wednesday's episode:
- If you're in profit, just keep lowering the price to get rid of the stock. Beck deserved to win just for realising that.
- Oh Bronte, that's a big mistake to make on the spreadsheet. You're lucky Lord Sugar loves you as much as he does. I actually think that you could be held responsible for the team's failure, as it was that "false buffer" that stopped the PM from lowering the price to get rid of more stock.
- Still, Ninja-Afro was way past his use-by date.
- Did anyone else get a compensation donation?

Also...

Amy Shark (doo doo doo doo doo doo), Amy Shark (doo doo doo doo doo doo), Amy Shark (doo doo doo doo doo doo), Amy Shark.šŸŽ¶šŸ¦ˆ

Can't recall her husband at all. She rejected him/held him at arm's length, I think. I seem to remember her in footage kissing her secret boyfriend she'd left behind in WA to come on the show, and when sprung saying he was her brother!

On MAFS, she was, as she's told Sugar, a "sasshole". I mean imagine saying that with a straight face and more than once, and proudly!

I remember her as a haughty, cold woman with impossibly high standards (who was kissing her "brother" in secret!).
Oh yes, the brother!
I forgot that was her.

Great choice of someone to bring into a show about teamwork and raising money for charity.

This show is so entertaining and lovely! Great episodes once again and the teams are great this year. Actually Iā€™m enjoying that radio duo more getting to know them, but I found them annoying at first. I like seeing how they work as this unit, like they are really one person with two heads or something.

The previews are just annoying but almost ever channel / reality show is doing it eh. At 1/4 of the episode in, itā€™s already obvious which team loses and faces firing. I donā€™t need teasers to set that our for me.

And this, uh, survivor strategy talk : ā€œ she is a threat to my gameā€, ā€œ playing a good social gameā€ā€¦.. Which show is it we are watching again?

Yeah I think Bronte could've still had some portion of it and Darren had a point; but it wasn't as blatantly direct as Eloni's (lack of) effort in doing the sales to the metric of the task. I think also his returning as well as being the last to get any money for his charity (bar Amy Shark at that point and Turia and Bronte have only got some through generosity iirc) was part of why Lord Sugar gifted him some.

Ronnie's probably gonna come unstuck as soon as he stuffs up now he absolutely has it out for Turia. It was probably a mixed blame between W&W and Turia for the delays with the story and editing, but I wouldn't go as far to say that Turia is being actively malicious and trying to Sabotage Ronnie like it seems to be coming from the opposite direction now with what he's laying on the table. Its too much.
Tonight's ep will be interesting.

It's bottom of the barrel reality casting for me.

It was funny how the little kid last night goes "Ɩh look, famous people!", like she or any of her generation have ever heard of any of these people.

Thoughts about Sunday's episode:
- If there's one thing kids need to keep them calm, it's stuff to hit each other with...
- The turnaround on this task must have been so quick, they didn't go to the printer to get nice books made, they looked like something a teacher would make from a story made by the class...
- Really Turia, handwriting?!
- Goat Janine... Way to sign your own Death Warrant...
- Cougar Gamble - seriously, it's a KID'S BOOK! I know often you can find some stuff only adults get in childrens' media, but this is too much!
- I actually had a dog named Wizza, they should have gone with that name. Fuzzy sucks.
- No, Fuzzy, No!
- Ronnie, you are a nasty piece of work. I don't like Will and Woody much, but they earnt my respect for standing up for Turia and taking responsibility for the team's failure. Again, it's the correct firing, both on this task and track record.

Thought's about Monday's episode:
- If I hear the word "contract" again...
- Poor Turia, Ronnie's gaslighting is really getting to her. I'm glad she did everything to the book to save herself.
- Carla and Darren didn't even read their contracts?! Yeah, they deserve to be taken to the board room.
- The girls on this hens night are a verbal eye roll. Still, their grievances are valid.
- Benji, seriously, fuck off and let the stripper do her job! If I was the Best Man I'd have been pissed.
- Darren, seriously, fuck off and let the stripper do his job! 10 minutes on a 30 minute booking ffs...
- OK, the man overboard scare was actually funny...
- I do love Janine not taking any of Darren's shit.
- This is the first time I think I've disagreed with the firing... Not that Carla didn't deserve it based on her performance in the challenge - the catering was terribly done, but because she's got the best track record, being the only person to win twice as project manager. I probably would have fired Darren, as it was the lack of time sheet which meant the stripper couldn't do his job, and added to Jean's stress levels, which also may have contributed to the final contract not being signed.

I like Jean but I thought she should have gone as she didn't seem on top of things.
Ben was struggling to manage the food alone and was probably not the right person for that task, but that should have been Jean assigning the right jobs.

Without Carla the show just lost 80% of its entertainment value.

Thoughts on the latest episode:
- I don't like this brand of marketing, especially not in live news crosses. The public deserves to know when they are being advertised to.
- I actually did know that Subway was the number 1 fast food in Australia. How dumb are these celebrities?
- I don't think Subway would have liked the idea of an eating contest - don't they promote healthy lifestyles?
- How hard is to Google the closest Subway? And why didn't they pre-order? Also, one sub per person isn't that impressive for an eating contest...
- It's good to see Turia finally get a win, her idea of the marching band was far better than the eating contest.
- That's a good point by Janine, they literally don't have any control over the editorial processes, so it was a huge gamble trying to promote on the news. But I'm glad it worked out.
- Ronnie's go-to mode is gaslight. I feel sorry for anyone he's in a relationship with.
- Ding Dong the Witch is Dead!

Goods riddance to the sasshole.

LOL at Darren's celebrity red book only containing Carla.

I don't think Subway would have been that thrilled at all that shoddy marketing.

Yeah the boat task was hard to judge as the contract part was stuffed up on many levels by the losing team's B3, and even if they all had that down pat, would've been even harder to try and bring past performance in.

I think Beck to a greater extent too her sweet As time as subtle sabotage than Ronnie, otherwise wtf was she doing? even in her to camera bits she didn't seem 'OMG I can't find this bloody subway' or 'omg this traffic is taking so long, gonna get me fired' and she was very la di da to Bronte on the updates. It was like night and day compared to her being on point for the boat task.

I think it'll be really interesting to see how Ronnie does now she's gone. He really needs to pull his head in to at least backpedal what he can, he avoided getting fired by the skin of his teeth really (and I thought for a moment Sugar might've done a double firing). Sugar seems really hung up on Bronte ending up on the losing team so many times too.

I also think Beck kindof corrupted Ronnie's game play at least a little perhaps , if she never came to him with the silly 'Alliance' in the first place would he have not gone on that wild tangent as hard out of nowhere with Turia and Benji? hmm. Anyways next ep Sunday!

Next episode is on Monday @Affable

I asume this is finals week? This week was so entertaining again.

Still, It all seems rigged to a degree, like they must only give the contestants a certain amount of leverage in the planning.
Like the silly costumes seem to have all been supplied and they have a certain range of things they can work with out the box, but they are basically given an outline of a plan to work with - sabotaging the weather for eg. But that doesnā€™t stop their antics being really funny. I suspect the producers encourage them to go all out and happily make fools of themselves.

So glad Bec is out, there is not enough space in this whole country for her massive egoā€¦

Ronny was chasing Bec in her footsteps, her getting fired is basically his own ego bursting. Bang Ronny!

Darren, I thought he was going to totally step in it when he virtually attacked everyone lol. And in the end he got sent out of the boardroom! lol

Next episode is on Monday @Affable

I asume this is finals week? This week was so entertaining again.

Still, It all seems rigged to a degree, like they must only give the contestants a certain amount of leverage in the planning.
Like the silly costumes seem to have all been supplied and they have a certain range of things they can work with out the box, but they are basically given an outline of a plan to work with - sabotaging the weather for eg. But that doesnā€™t stop their antics being really funny. I suspect the producers encourage them to go all out and happily make fools of themselves.

So glad Bec is out, there is not enough space in this whole country for her massive egoā€¦

Ronny was chasing Bec in her footsteps, her getting fired is basically his own ego bursting. Bang Ronny!

Darren, I thought he was going to totally step in it when he virtually attacked everyone lol. And in the end he got sent out of the boardroom! lol
The final two weeks, according to the ads.

Gee whizz , who made the best video last night, did yā€™all agree with the result? They were all pretty bad imo snd in my opinion the right decision was made.

Amy is very obstinate and self righteous. I guess she never gets called out. Would have loved to have seen what the comedian would have done though.

Thoughts about the latest episode:

- What a stupid task. Even in the narration they seemed to agree that this was a massive waste of time.
- Amy Shark (doo doo doo doo doo doo) really shit the bed by having Turia in charge of the comedy instead of Jean - an actual comedienne.
- It was nice to see Team Collaborate actually try to put their differences aside for the good of the task. They don't need to like each other in order to get through a task.
- Neither video was any good. If I was judging I would have just said that nobody wins and sent everyone to the boardroom.
- Delusional Shark (doo doo doo doo doo doo)
- That was such a savage burn: "That wouldn't go viral even if it had been made in a Wuhan lab" šŸ¤£ He's not wrong though.
- Turia was well past her expiry date. I also think that Lord Sugar finally started to see her true colours when she started lying in the boardroom - saying she was in charge of the concept and writing, then retracting it.
- Can we move on to individual tasks now?

Yeah Once Turia started floundering with the 'I never said that' I knew that was it, It was like Jarrod losing the plot for anything to say after the 'well they didn't speak much English' last ditch excuse.
Jean was lucky she at least attempted to input (similar to Benji) and was shut down (although the edit made it seem like she took a bit to speak up).

Being older dosent necessarily negate the ability to get with the kind of comedy they do either - Im around similar age to the other 3 and I watch my fair share of various Tik Tok/Youtube Shorts creators from time to time and I hadn't heard of The Inspired Unemployed until the show either I don't think.

And Amy still reeling from the result and being so dominant was lucky that Turia was actually in charge of the script, which appeared to be the Key failure.

Kindof like the thread over in Big Brother, I was recently thinking of who would be interesting on this show if they start filming a Season 7 later this year for 2023: Richard Wilkins, Delta Goodrem, Jackie O, Erin Molan, Scott Cam, a MAFS contestant (maybe a guy this time)... hmm.

Thoughts on tonight's episode:
- I hate when they decide to do a "prestige product", mainly because it usually works. I'm glad this one backfired though.
- Lots of refunds given out, that's to be expected when you charge through top dollar and don't give top quality.
- Those pun names for the packages were terrible.
- The snake's owner's money is as good as any of the dog owners', have a cup of concrete Benji.
- I've often commented that the correct person has nearly always been fired. This was the exception to the rule. It should have been Ronnie for taking sub-par photos. I'm shocked that Sugar actually did fire Bronte, I was sure she'd gotten the winner's edit. Now my money is on McMullen.
- Please, for the love of God, fire Ronnie soon!

Yeah that one was a bit shoehorned in, very thin reasoning for Bronte, even with past performance.
Amy is really starting to play a bit loose too, although it looks like Ronnie can't seem to play with a bit of tact again in the promo, starting shit with Jean now.Not far to go now, I'd say it could be Ronnie fired Next, then Amy and either of Jean or Benji to join Darren in the F2, unless something shakes it up in the next couple of tasks outcome. We'll see.

Haven't seen tonight's yet, but Ronnie should absolutely have been fired yesterday.
The photos were the product, and they were what sucked.
But Lord Sugar knows who brings the drama, and doesn't want a boring show, so the worst people are saved.

Back