Skip to main content

The Celebrity Apprentice 2022

The ad has one or more eliminated contestants returning, along with Amy Shark.
WHY? They were eliminated because they were boring or useless.
From what it looked like on the promo, the eliminated contestants (and Amy Shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo) will be forming a third team to compete against the other two. Maybe someone from that team will come back into the competition if they can win the next challenge?

I haven’t had time to watch this but how is Hollywood Ronnie doing? I actually think he would be quite entertaining on this even if I found him a little frustrating to watch on The Block.

Are we live now? 😲

It's ok, I'll count us in... Three... Two... One...

Thoughts for episode 5:
- Carla was damn lucky that Vince's group fucked up so badly, Carla was not very good as a project manager. But Vince was a complete nut job.
- I'm surprised how well Carla's infomercial came out, it was actually very impressive.
- I did enjoy Sugar and the advisors not taking any shit from Vince's group. Getting the timing right in live TV is FUNDAMENTAL.
- Again, the right person was fired.
- Genuinely interested to find out who, if anyone, comes back.
- Did we actually see Amy Shark (doo doo doo doo doo doo)?

Yeah I think in a couple of the first few firings so far some of the final 3 have been lucky there's been someone else who's action/Inaction either was directly pinned as the failure, or the PM made a good exec decision as they could given what they were dumped in by their teammates (Turia skipping holes, Jarrod Closing the kitchen, Sammy Jade getting the 'right' item at least to hedge the fine).

Agreed on Carla, that not taking charge initially definitely would have come up if they lost, as would stuff up by Jarrod last episode with the Laundry/Detergent mix up under pressure ultimately sat with him. I think Jodi could see that happening when she wasn't given much to do in the camping task, although I could see the angle they were going for tying into the theme of the retreat of 'Resilience' (Girl with fear of horses conquers by leading equine therapy) but it backfired and unfortunately she was the one that got hit with the bad customer feedback. What did Sammy Jade contribute in particular much to that one for example (that might've not been shown in the edit) She got a bit lucky there.

Whereas you compare that to the celeb status and visibility connection (depending on the type of task like a money raising/calling in favours one like the opening task) I think some of them may find it a bit harder in that aspect, like someone like Eloni - he was more a background character and if given a PM role I wonder if he would've rose to the challenge or still been a bit more struggling to add value/contribution.

Seems to be what the edit of the little we saw happening in Team Redemption this episode (and he was trying to tell us Gamble was slow to start pitching in. and off with the fairies - but again maybe we only see so much). It also reminded me a little of the Ninja Warrior girl last season that kindof crumbled a bit and was out of her element iirc as PM of the restaurant task last year.

Anyway This episode was as clear slam dunk case as falling to Vince, but to pad for time they did throw some doubt into the mix of Turia not just starting regardless and Ronnie just stopping the 'unofficial' role of time keeping.

I think it would've still fell to Vince as PM being chaotic as he was and interfering with shot or trying to stop them until he said so, but that's gotta hurt knowing he blew it for himself - I'd be surprised if Carla dosent at least try to tee up a meeting to split 10K for his charity like that time last year The Veronicas crumbled emotionally and got fired and Shayna offered to split some money. Or Darren and Turia in the first task this season.
Anyways, Will be interesting tonight and STILL no Amy Shark! She's gotta come in soon.

Thoughts about the latest episode:

- The right two people were brought back, though who was in charge of the cue cards? Put them above the camera FFS!
- Will and Woody are lucky their team won, because they'd be gone after just providing a lock of hair and just $30 from working on a different stall!
- Carla had a rough deal, she was the only one trying to razz up her group and the audience. I wouldn't have taken her to the boardroom, even with her raising the least money.
- Although I'm sure there's a great deal of producer interference, the right person was fired again. This is a 100% success rate so far!
- I think we've also finally gotten the winner's edit. I'd put money on Bronte to win, she had the highest personal donation (and was rewarded for it), and it's obvious Lord Sugar loves her - giving her the nickname "Brontesaurus" as a term of endearment.

Jarrod also made the same dumb cardinal error as David last year which got himself fired. If you're gonna let the PM do themselves in, you gotta make damn sure you've also done all that you can in the task to back yourself up in the boardroom and not just sit back and think, 'oh what a complete f up this has become under so-and-so, for sure they're getting fired, I don't have to lift a finger'. It was also kinda a flip of when Eloni got fired the first time.

Yeah I thought it was going to be Beck and Jodi coming back, Just she had that dumb thing with the Cue Cards. Eloni was also doing it in parts, but it was more his eyes and the angle wasn't as extreme as Jodi, who also did self correct, but only towards the end of the infomercial. Oh well.

This was a task I was talking about in being a 'Fundraiser' one where who they know can really help on the Black Book side of things, Strange choice choosing Benji to cross over, but then again Innovate still had some big names that way in that department (like Bronte), and that being said, ones like Beck and Ronnie were still able to hold their own in terms of what they brought to the table (although I did side eye the random walking around with 18 Grand for a pool in Fairfield Markets, like that had to be a call in right?).

Next episode... Finally AMY SHARK!.

Also with what I was saying about perhaps a little bit of sympathy split for Vince's Charity last episode, also makes sense there wasn't and Carla won that outright cause it wasn't a fundraising task.

Whereas with the first task half of that total that went to Collaborate Initially was raised by Turia and Innovate, and in this one Bronte's 2018 Koala was like 80-90% of Innovates entire total raised, so It was good she got to keep that for her charity.

This show is horrible. I mean really.
People complain about the current iteration of Big Brother, but it's still far more entertaining than this.

Lord Sugar favouring the bullies Ronnie and Bek above lovely Samantha Jade is probably the last gasp of hope for redeeming this, apart from Carla From Bankstown who is carrying the charisma alone.

Yeah I mean I think Ronnie has completely f-ed himself over right there and lost all of the goodwill built up from his performances so far.
There was zero need for him to go in for Turia and Benji like that. I thought for a split second he was gonna try and drag Will & Woody into it as another possible firing candidate for their lateness and only coming up with a dance as contribution (that may not have matched their presentation idea as much) but ohhh no.

It was like Jarrod in the first task really dumping on Darren as PM excessively in the boardroom, BEFORE it was revealed they actually won the task, and Darren was spot on he just put his foot right in it and created this instant rift between them.

And it was totally unnecessary, like, keep your cards to your chest a bit cmon. All Ronnie has done now is painted a target on his and Beck's backs, they've got some grovelling to do if they want to turn that little stunt around.
That being said unfortunately I think it was a very close decision between Beck and Sammy. WTF The Tailor really did a number on her and sowed seeds of self doubt though.

Although its a lot of what if's as it was scored whether keeping it plain would've still bombed, or maybe done well if it matched their presentation, or they had matched the other team's pizazz by going a bit more flashy presentation to go with the item once they decided to 'Go for Gold' as it were.

Just from the audience comments didn't they have reservations about the winning teams 'novelty' factor? So who knows a few things tweaked it could've been closer or went the other way. Sammy could've also said yes she designed before but not by herself as possible mitigation instead of shouldering the entire blame of the style change, but anyways.

I don't think it's on tonight is it? I remember seeing on the catch up player SUN MON-TUES 730pm last night.

My EPG was the same, so didn’t record it. Then the teaser at the end , if you watch it, said Wednesday night.

I thought Tuesday night’s episode was really entertaining. The fashion show was hilarious, we cackled more than once there!

Bec is so full of shit, all these ex MAFS contestants are quite something hey. I just hope they don’t avoid firing her until the end just because she keeps the show “interesting”. She should have been fired for the fist bump tbh.

Btw what was Bec like on
her MAFS season? Did she cheat on her husband?

Is she preggars now, n who is the Dad?

Btw what was Bec like on
her MAFS season? Did she cheat on her husband?

Is she preggars now, n who is the Dad?
Can't recall her husband at all. She rejected him/held him at arm's length, I think. I seem to remember her in footage kissing her secret boyfriend she'd left behind in WA to come on the show, and when sprung saying he was her brother!

On MAFS, she was, as she's told Sugar, a "sasshole". I mean imagine saying that with a straight face and more than once, and proudly!

I remember her as a haughty, cold woman with impossibly high standards (who was kissing her "brother" in secret!).

Back