Skip to main content

The Block

I watched every episode of the entire show and thoroughly enjoyed it. I put aside anything that irked me and only focused on the things that I liked. Compared to other seasons there wasn't much drama and all the contestants mostly seemed to get along with each other.

In the end, all the houses were lovely and all the contestants deserved the reward they got but I'm glad Jimmy and Tam won. Like their buyer...I liked their attitude, work ethic and style.

I stopped posting here because I thought no one else was interested in the show any longer...and I didn't want to be "talking" to myself. ;)

I watched every episode of the entire show and thoroughly enjoyed it. I put aside anything that irked me and only focused on the things that I liked. Compared to other seasons there wasn't much drama and all the contestants mostly seemed to get along with each other.
Sounds like it was a better season than those of recent years. I just can't get in to it any more really. Might look up the house tours ep to see the end results though.

OMG! Ronnie and Georgia v Mark and Mitch...I see nothing but conflict. I'm not sure how I feel about it either. I couldn't stand Ronnie and Georgia during their season and if they're still the same obnoxious wannabes this time it won't do my blood pressure any good.

OMG! Ronnie and Georgia v Mark and Mitch...I see nothing but conflict. I'm not sure how I feel about it either. I couldn't stand Ronnie and Georgia during their season and if they're still the same obnoxious wannabes this time it won't do my blood pressure any good.

Exactly! M&M and R&G both attention seekers and hardly 'Faves'.

I much rather 5 new couples get their shot at the Block and the life changing money at the end. R&G already made $161K, M&M made $384K. Plus all the endorsements and shit they would have got from being on the show.

Shit go channel 9.

hated both these teams,clearly not the fans favourites

I saw they’re sussing out properties in Byron Bay for the next series.
LOL
Must be why the Hemsworths are selling.....
and BB sounds like a shitty over crowded place
Full of turds from RTV and evil “influencers”

Oh dear drama on the first day even before the evil 'faves' arrive!

Twins are not impressing me so far. Cowgirl and cowboy seem ok. Purple haired girl and hubby seem nice too.

All their rooms were shit though...

who believes for one minute that any council would allow building "without plans"?

Reactions: kxk
who believes for one minute that any council would allow building "without plans"?
I do because I've done it. In Vic you can add 50% to an existing house without council approval as long as the building does not come within a metre of a fence. Noticed that they all have slabs and Scotty said that they have to keep within that footprint.

Caught up on the two episodes tonight.
No Keith and Dan in the first episode gave me a little bit of hope that they weren’t on this season. Alas, hope dashed! Haha. They’ve still got some lame editing cartoony stuff but I’m glad so far they haven’t used the spongebob “one hour later” thing… yet.

The fans couples all seem pretty likeable to me. The boys from LI seemed like pretty genuine guys on the show as far as I remember. Didn’t watch either of the faves seasons so don’t really know them and will reserve judgement.

Last year was my first watch after a few years off, the painting rule is dumb. Do people who buy these houses have to go and hire a painter to repaint the whole thing after they purchase? Why did the contestants have to paint… If they’re able to manage their budget and afford some help in painting, what’s the harm?

Also I’m sure the producers told Kirsty to go see the boys getting help with painting. So a little unfair for her to be labelled a dobber. (All part of the expected soapie drama of this show).

Love that the houses are all so different in the cul de sac and the blockheads get to design it themselves. Imagine being a tenant in that street over the last few months. 😩

Will they have the hipages lever again? Also surprised they didn’t plug all the companies in the blocks bucks folder yet.

I actually liked the LI boys challenge bedroom. It’s funny with the boys led lights, Darren said tacky as hell but the younger tik tok generation would love it. I’m not sure about their idea of glass doors in the kinsmen wardrobes through their house though. Will have to see how they look in the finished designs.

I didn’t mind the girl who did her own artwork.

Funny that the challenge was a bit redundant due to them all wanting different houses.

man it’s going to be a marathon this year keeping up with
-Survivor
- The Block
- And The Voice
All airing on the same nights.

I do because I've done it. In Vic you can add 50% to an existing house without council approval as long as the building does not come within a metre of a fence. Noticed that they all have slabs and Scotty said that they have to keep within that footprint.
^ thanks for this, I was wondering about council approval. They kinda said it briefly in the show but I wasn’t convinced that they didn’t need council approval at all just a boundary line. The 50% thing makes more sense.

Back