Skip to main content

The Block: Blocktagon

Admit it, you nearly turned didn't you lol

I know I did.

CNt8RHud6yLP6defiDuDJkBZpENv6Ue6HYdhzqtUwUVIkOS80BQaFPP464LCVo5l16Rodfmv=w370-h260-nc

I think I've finally given up on The Block - after outlasting most people on here.

Normally I have much hate for the NZ version, but the current one that just started is way more appealing this year than Nine's abortion. They'd prolly get better ratings screening our version tbh. It's actually the show that so many people want the Australian show to be.

Edit: Also, it seems instead of casting for a new season of The Block, Nine has greenlit a new renovation show (currently unnamed - the terms and conditions called it 'Renovation Show') which looks like it will be hosted by Scotty Cam. Why are Nine so insistent on keeping him around? https://renoshow.castasugar.com/

Last edited:
Normally I have much hate for the NZ version, but the current one that just started is way more appealing this year than Nine's abortion.
Thanks for heads up. I like the NZ version. the host is inoffensive and the contestants so much more down to earth. It has such a 'back to basics' feel about it that Nine abandoned too long ago.

I used to love the block. I even camped out in 2013 for the Sky high inspection. We even came second in line. Ever since then it's been crap. Fans vs faves was a non event, the glasshouse had boring people, triple threat really sealed the deal for me that it was just plain bad. And the Current one looks horrible (I haven't watched a single episode) hopefully it gets axed. Just makes it more likely that BB will come back.

I like the direction this series is taking. Trying to keep it more focused on the renovation as that is what the show is actually about. Although they can't help themselves and the little drama subplots and the previously mentioned "singing along to top 20 in the car" pops up a bit.

But yes, I agree. Scott Cam is becoming tiresome on the show. Even if he is just there for the scoring, I'd be happy with that. It's all he really needs to be there for. Keith and Dan have the build site under control and Shelly can do challenges by herself.

Some drama between Suzy and Whitney next time. I'm on team Whitney for now, the burger comment seemed very mean girls.

Some drama between Suzy and Whitney next time. I'm on team Whitney for now, the burger comment seemed very mean girls.

Ha! They be bringing the Goldie to Melbourne. I can not stand Whitney and Andy they seriously do my head in. So I'm fully #TeamSuzie no matter how bitchy a comment it is.

Back