Skip to main content

The Block: Blocktagon

Well I can't say I've done any analysis so can't say for certain the minutes per episode they devote to the driving segments but it feels like a lot to me. Maybe they just stand out more for me due to the fact I hate them so much?

I only record them and ff extraneous bits so my experience is probably different to watching live.

I just got sick of the more and more extravagant and over the top nature of these apartments. Just like most reality shows they just kept trying to outdo the last, to a point where it is a farce.

I would like to see a few ordinary house, with some down to earth people having to decorate by going to target or something - give real people ideas on what they can do!

I still like it, but I don't watch it live, I always fast forward challenges etc.
They need new judges I think. These ones are a bit jaded and just because they may have seen some light or something previously they don't like it. And they place too much emphasis on how 50 pillows are put on a bed which is ridiculous because who really has all those on their bed irl?

Caro and Kingi are my favourites this time.

I still like it, but I don't watch it live, I always fast forward challenges etc.
They need new judges I think. These ones are a bit jaded and just because they may have seen some light or something previously they don't like it. And they place too much emphasis on how 50 pillows are put on a bed which is ridiculous because who really has all those on their bed irl?

Caro and Kingi are my favourites this time.
And the judges seem to be out of touch with the market... in the last couple of ones i watched who won challenges didn't make for the highest price!

I don't mind Caro & Kingi... and Dan (of Dan & Shay), but the others are pretty hard to watch.

10 out of 10 - love how they say it has only been done a few times. They cannot come up with anything new. I only watched first episode but same old stuff, lots of shopping :rolleyes:
I like Isee's idea of real ideas. Why spend $100 on a bloody cushion, you can go to Kmart or Target and get the same or if not better for heaps less. Colours, styles change every season so no need to spend big dollars on that sort of stuff.

I saw someone doing autographs this afternoon as I drove by after work. I don't watch the show so have no idea which woman it was.
From what I gather, scraping the bottom of the barrel is the go personality and talent wise? What's the criteria for becoming contestants on here? Does anyone else think this show has been done to death and is over?

325987-scott-cam.jpg

Back