Skip to main content

The Bachelorette

ok well I take it back- the only GO DAVID I want is GO OUT THE DOOR DAVID!!![DOUBLEPOST=1443017006][/DOUBLEPOST]
1st and 2nd place are shocking tbh

I don't know why but I have a feeling Davey and Kieran will go far.

Far out the door hopefully

ok well I take it back- the only GO DAVID I want is GO OUT THE DOOR DAVID!!![DOUBLEPOST=1443017006][/DOUBLEPOST]
1st and 2nd place are shocking tbh
Kieran? Like did we get any screen time with him?

It's Sasha, Kayne, Richie, Alex and Michael... This is what it looks like to have someone genuine.
At this stage its Sasha vs Michael but I think Kayne is a dark horse.

Lol he seems to piss her off, but I'm sure she's quite attracted to him.
David and Emily need to hook up stat!

I don't see the fuss with Michael to be honest. Not my type at all.

I hope Sam comes to recognize that David is her type. They would be a nice couple.

James Weir recaps The Bachelorette episode 1
SEPTEMBER 23, 20159:14PM
5f8856993cf16bec78bd0d4364546e72

James Weir recaps The Bachelorette episode 1.
  • MY, how the tables have turned. Just when you thought it was only single Aussie gals with vague, made up careers who dreamt of taking to national TV to find a man, you

flick on the television to find the inaugural series of The Bachelorette kicking off.

The finest RSL clubs across the land have been scouted and 14 men have been hand picked to vie for Sam Frosts’ heart. You remember Sam. Previously scorned by that guy who looks like a potato.

It shook her to the core. She didn’t want to leave the house. At first, she never would have dreamt of putting herself through the rough and tumble world of reality TV dating

again.

But it’s amazing what a Kelly Clarkson song and a couple of network executives can do to the self esteem. Girlfriend is back and she’s ready to meet dem fellas.

No attitude too obnoxious and no hair too greasy.

With 14 men and limited airtime, only some of them stand out. Some are good. Some are stinkers. And they all think they’ve got the moves to win her over. Here’s a selection.

Dave is the first guy to meet Sam. He’s a 30-year-old plumber who smiles way to much. My cheekbones hurt just from watching it.

030cd0da1c6154dab897f27e2c8e9d9e

That’s a rose eatin’ grin.Source:Channel 10

“I was scared I’d slip over and split my pants,” he reveals to her.

I totally endorse any line on the first date where you subtly refer to yourself being pants-less thus forcing a sneaky visual into the other person’s head. Ten points.

The he ruins it by declaring: “I’m packin’ it at the moment!”.

8cd0197a60ab1cd28dd81addb8a35b5c

ERMAGHERD!Source:Supplied

Next up is Alex. He’s British and, in the words of the Queen, Sam thinks he’s shagadellic.

He also brings the first gift of the night — and it’s surprisingly not mortifying. A pair of flats.

He’s totally a frontrunner.

d7d0308788e1cfba7e5a0bb780446ed7

He sounds like Geri.Source:Channel 10

Davey is a 12-year-old carpenter who brings the second gross mention of the night.

“Getting out of the limo I was absolutely pooping myself,” he shares. Not necessary.

In struts a third David and he can’t stop making everyone aware that he’s the modeliest model in all the land. He’s also got a serious case of the Moonface Newton’s.

5a3ffe2d6759e2fccf103ad514e713e3

My CVs on the back of my headshot.Source:Channel 10

Drew is a sleep technician who owns a GHD. He proves exactly why he’s still single by bringing his own owl.

c73347cd52129c5a445cacd59c62e6ce

They share a single bed.Source:Channel 10

The props don’t end there. Kayne brings two Frosty Fruits iceblocks — “because her last name is Frost”. We can write him off immediately.

Will is a musician who looks like an adult toddler. He’s brought his guitar and, later in the evening, corners Sam to play a “ditty” he’s written. It’s awful.

Shane, who looks like he lives in a van, rides in on some kind of hoverboard.

And Sasha brings a scrunched up serviette and turns it into an even more scrunched up serviette (it’s meant to be a rose).

62f59fc31ccbf8f95e85b62d1d26244a

“Ooh a serviette!”Source:Channel 10

Once all the boys are assembled in the mansion, you can smell the Lynx deodorant through the TV screen.

Richie is a total dreamboat from WA. He’s a Rope Access Technician! I have no idea what that means but he’s dreamy.

He also says “cool bananas” several times but that doesn’t matter because he’s dreamy.

He then makes it clear he knows how to deal with difficult boys.

“I’m from Perth, most people get glassed,” he says. Even if he’s not joking it doesn’t really matter because he’s dreamy.

df68540beb0a0ed46ca7ed600a01428f

Honey.Source:Channel 10

Davey makes sure everyone knows that “bro code” applies and that no one should interrupt another guy’s one-on-one time with Sam.

Everyone firmly agrees.

Three seconds later, Model David breaks the code and interrupts Smiley Dave’s chat.

Even though he’s perturbed, Smiley Dave still smiles.

Model David uses his chat well and covers all the bases.

“I was born in Poland,’ he informs Sam. “So, lucky for whoever marries me in the future — they’ll have a European passport.”

What he’s doing is offering something the other guys aren’t — a free gift with purchase.

It’s like when you’re at the express check-out at Woolworths and you’re tossing up whether to buy the latest Marie Claire. The cover story is a bit of a snooze but then you see the issue comes with a free groovy tote bag so you buy it.

That’s what the model’s offering. Except Sam seemed like she’d be more impressed with a free groovy tote.

He then actually does Blue Steel. For real.

317105bd1d4bc964ff95b36393db7aad

“I used this look for my Polish passport.”Source:Channel 10

David then basically pulls out an atlas and starts putting thumb tacks in all the cities he’s been to. Watch out Sam, this catch knows his way around a Jetstar website.

After escaping the clutches of Janice Dickinson, Sam has some time with Kayne (Kanye?).

He makes a bet with her that if he can do a headstand for 20 seconds she should give him a rose.

“I take my roses very seriously,” she says apprehensively.

Don’t worry Sam, I get it. Similarly, I take my Grill’d “local matters” choice very seriously and, like you, it would take more than an acrobatic boy to sway my judgment.

Despite slamming the deal down, Kayne goes ahead with the challenge.

His legs swing up and he totally nails it ...

2ac2bc890d0e78401621abb7473c7b77

“I rule ...”Source:Channel 10

Before tumbling down in an embarrassing heap two seconds later.

faf02f2a9ffb0428081d42332d08ab2d

“Don’t look at me!”Source:Channel 10

Davey then breaks his own “bro code” and steals Sam away from Kayne’s chat.

Sam asks if he knows any party tricks and he does the “broken thumb” gag. We now know he wears hideous statement rings.

0867df16c979ebba343b9c7fcd7440eb

Bling, bro.Source:Channel 10

He’s then asked how his friends would describe him in three words.

“Full. Blown. Legend,” he replies.

Sam gives this appropriate reaction.

c4dad4bad16b026aaea3f686fc123ac0

“Ugh”.Source:Channel 10

After listing his countless past relationships, Davey then reveals his nickname is “G.G” — girlfriend guy.

He thinks this makes him look good but Sam is clearly concerned. And who wouldn’t be?

You can’t even predict the kind of around-the-mouth coldsores you could pick up from someone getting this kind of action.

She finally has a nice chat with Sasha. He’s lovely but a bit of a dad. She’s into it and gives him the first rose early.

With Sasha secure for the night, the rest of the boys are lined up for the rose ceremony.

b790a8d06d1785678b1093482f3bf091

Roger David made a killing on shirt and suit combos.Source:Channel 10

Model David’s not scared because, in case you weren’t aware, he’s a model.

Drew’s also confident because he has an owl — plus Sam knows they can share his GHD.

And they’re rightly confident.

Shane and Luke are the unlucky ones. Oh, you don’t remember Luke? Yah.

After graciously saying goodbye to Sam, Shane jumps on his hoverboard and zips out of the room back to his van to eat a burrito.

Be sure to get a thick pen and cross their faces off that chart you have hanging above your desk.

4589a50ffb3416adb939bfd47fefabb6

Shane and Luke?Source:news.com.au
LOLOL I woke up my gf laughing at this. Especially the bit about Drew and a GHD and will looking like an adult toddler

They put on nice music for Sasha and Michael. So they'll go far but not sure if they'll win. Michael looks good but he seems a bit too serious? Sam is totally smitten with Sasha. Richie is cute. Agree that Alex is attractive. Top 4 right there? (Sasha, Michael, Richie and Alex?) Also like Drew because of the owl, and Will seems sweet, though neither of them will get to the end.

I like the camaraderie of the guys, cheering each other on and high-fiving each other when they get roses. I also like Sam, didn't watch last year but she seems "real", very girl-next-door and approachable.

Bit Late to the Party - have to read another 374 messages :( you lot have been really busy! I only got to watch the first 30 mins - got up to the owl guy - LOL - Looks like an awesome show :)

Look, I'm not here for the hot guys so I don't ask much of them.

I feel like I can finally join everyone back in 2013 who was obsessed over the other Drew.
Must be the name, although Drew the first was really Anthony. Doubt he's ever been Tony.
:roflmao:

Also if he's not the winner and got a rose tattoo anyway...
The tattoo could just be that he received a rose or to commemorate that he was on the show. It looks a bit ostentatious though.

I'm thinking the tattoo might be one of those temporary ones that last for like a couple of weeks and he did it just to mess with people.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3246352/Sam-Frost-hints-love-Bachelorette.html

the winner doesn't tick all her ‘wish list’ boxes.

Thinks very highly of herself, doesn't she? :shamefully:

I can just imagine the response if the male bach had said Snez didn't tick all the boxes in his wish list. :hilarious:

Newsflash sweetheart there's no such thing as a perfect human being and you definitely ain't all that either. :whistling:

I think the male bach from last year dodged a bullet and made the right choice in dumping her. :thumbsup:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3246352/Sam-Frost-hints-love-Bachelorette.html

Thinks very highly of herself, doesn't she? :shamefully:

I can just imagine the response if the male bach had said Snez didn't tick all the boxes in his wish list. :hilarious:

Newsflash sweetheart there's no such thing as a perfect human being and you definitely ain't all that either. :whistling:

I think the male bach from last year dodged a bullet and made the right choice in dumping her. :thumbsup:

lol I agree the way that comes out sounds bad. Anyone with even half a brain though would be able to see that she didn't mean that someone needs to tick those boxes to be with her, rather that what she thought she wanted in a boyfriend isn't what she found makes her happy.
In her defence she actually doesn't have tickets on herself and in fact is more likely to stick her foot in her mouth than say something smooth. She'd be the first to admit she's not perfect.
(have you even watched the show to see what she's like or are you relying on the journalistic integrity of DM which actually says something about yourself ;))

You should watch the show with us :p

Back