Skip to main content

The Bachelorette 2017

it's like when people here, the media, and basically the rest of the world. were saying that clawson would never last. but they were wrong. i knew they would last though. and maybe like clawson Sophie and Stu can prove the doubters wrong.

What's interesting is that those who are calling Sophie out on this are grown women with life experience. They can read signs, and also read between the lines and most likely hear gossip more reliable than we would. I believe the bulk of the mistrust comes from the fact that Sophie has hooked up (or not, depending on what you believe) with a married man. Women simply do not like that sort of shit. It's tawdry af. The talk of eloping, and babies is ridiculous, when people are seemingly forgetting that one crucial bit of information.

In the last day or so another person and I discussed the idea that Sophie could have chosen Stu with caveat/s ie. "You are the one I want to pursue a relationship with, however I won't move forward on it until your divorced is finalised". Our minds were blown about how awesome that would have been in terms showing some sort of moral compass in this day and age where it's generally really lacking and selfish "I want it now" attitudes seem to becoming the norm. If Stu really is "The One" this could have played out differently without all the backlash.

@mrsticky, you've called three women slags, skanks and bitches tonight. C'mon now, you are better than this. :( Love your passion though, just not all the insults.

someone on another forum made the interesting point that people were calling jarrod a stage five clinger, yet Stu was the one who after he got ghosted by Sophie on the boat went onto a reality tv show to try and win her heart.

@mrsticky, you've called three women slags, skanks and bitches tonight. C'mon now, you are better than this. :( Love your passion though, just not all the insults.

...you're dead right davidftw... I am way better than that... I don't recall calling them 'slags' though but it is possible... yes... my anger clouded my passion because as I explained in my earlier posts I have been in that position of sorts as Sophie and Stu are now but the other way around over 40 years ago and obviously that still grinds my gears to this day... so I guess that I resonate with Sophie and Stu in a certain way... and yes also... I didn't need to call them those names either... but I'm not perfect... I have my flaws too... albeit that perhaps I shouldn't have written words to describe them in that way but at least there's no doubting where I stand on on this now... I cannot unsay what has been said...

...I did fail myself tonight by losing my temper with these horrid 'ladies' but they need to shut their horrid mouths and leave them alone... they have never been in their position so should not be talking about something that they have no idea about... (they most likely have skeletons in their closets if we dug deep enough too) but they were just after headlines only and not worried about Sophie's welfare... THAT'S what actually pissed me right off... they should just shut up and leave them alone... but in saying that... I'm always learning about myself... in fact... I call myself a 'learnatic' even at my age davidftw... so perhaps I may think before I write such words like that again but don't hold me to it in a court of Law though...;):whistling::angelic::biggrin:... but yes you are right my friend... I am better than that and thanks for reminding of that... :thumbsup::)... cheers.

...I think that I've said enough on this subject yesterday so I'll say no more so I'll just post this article and will be satisfied with that... on this link below... cheers.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...s/news-story/6d656e776464357ff9be2dc7bb8e630f

Stu Laundy fires back at Kate Langbroek and Meshel Laurie over split rumours

BACHELORETTE winner Stu Laundy has hit out at media identities Kate Langbroek and Meshel Laurie, whom he said “had their knives out” for him.

Andrew Bucklow
@ACBucklow
8e072f2a0d7ad4eb564c9d83da23734c

news.com.auOctober 31, 201711:06am

4f9550fb5bad59fe5a8165219d4e27ba

STU Laundy has come out swinging against Meshel Laurie and Kate Langbroek who he believes “had their knives out” for him during separate media appearances last week.

Sophie Monk and her new man both spoke to Kyle and Jackie O on KIIS FM this morning and assured everyone that they were still together despite persistent rumours they’d split since The Bachelorette finale was filmed.

“We’re getting smashed,” Monk said about the recent media reports.

Talk turned to the couple’s awkward appearance on The Project last Friday night during which Monk and Laundy were peppered with questions from co-hosts Gorgi Coghlan and Meshel Laurie.

Some viewers felt The Project panellists were “totally disrespectful” towards the duo and took particular issue with a comment from Laurie.

“I think you’ve done the classic woman thing where you say that you want one thing but what you actually go for is something else,” Laurie said to Monk on the program.

“You said in the beginning: I just want a down-to-earth, normal guy who wants to get married and have kids. What you’ve chosen is a millionaire, who’s already married and had a vasectomy.”

Speaking to Kyle and Jackie O this morning about the interview, Laundy said Laurie seemed “vengeful”.

“A lady I’d never met just started shooting me, it was pretty rude actually,” he said.

“But it was on live TV so I just tried to make a joke of it. I was on Have You Been Paying Attention? with Soph and those comedians shut us down but it was really funny stuff, as funny as I’ve ever really heard. But it just seemed a bit vengeful from the other lady. I’m sure she’s a lovely lady.”

Jackie O asked Laundy to clarify exactly which Project panellist he was referring to and he made clear it was Laurie.

“I don’t even know her name, that sounds dreadful,” he said. “She was on the left hand side of The Project panel.”

Speaking to news.com.au this morning, Laurie defended her line of questioning on The Project.

“I’ve never seen an episode of the show [The Bachelorette] so I have no opinion on Stu or his relationship,” Laurie told us.

“I merely commented on the fact that, on paper, he was a different sort of guy from what Sophie said she was looking for, but that chemistry was more important. I really have no idea how or why that’s been interpreted as harsh.

“I can only imagine the strain of nurturing a new relationship under the spotlight has made him a bit defensive which is perfectly understandable. All the best to everyone.”

Laundy also wasn’t impressed with the treatment he received from KIIS FM’s Kate Langbroek on Friday.

He and Monk appeared on Hughesy and Kate but Laundy claimed things got off to an awkward start before the radio interview had even begun.

“I walked into the studio with Kate, Soph and I both saw it, she just went straight at me,” he told Kyle and Jackie O.

“This was off air. This was before the radio with Kate. She said: ‘This is a scam and it will take a lot of convincing for me to believe it.’

“I wish the public would love us but there’s not a lot we can do when these people have the microphone.”

bea75dd1b5f7a967dd169408a3936e41

Dave Hughes and Kate Langbroek at the recent radio awards. Picture: Ian CurrieSource:News Corp Australia

After the interview, Langbroek posted a photo of Monk and Laundy on Instagram with the caption: “She hates him”.

Speaking about Langbroek and Laurie, Laundy said: “It was sort of like they had their knives out for me”.

During this morning’s interview, Monk sounded genuinely hurt by the rumours that she and Laundy have split and when Sandilands asked her if it felt “weird” to be attacked by other high profile women, she said, “especially when you think a lot of them are your friends”.

“It’s not the public, it’s the media doing it,” she said. “We’re going in and doing interviews on our own time that we don’t need to do, and then you get smashed!”

Monk also shot down the rumour that she’s contractually obligated to remain with Laundy for a set period of time.

“My manager’s too good for that crap,” she told the radio hosts.

“No way. I wouldn’t do it. I was happy to choose no one if I didn’t find anyone [on The Bachelorette].”

And the reality TV couple made it clear that you won’t see them pashing in public anytime soon.

“I’ve got four daughters, they come first to me,” Laundy said on air this morning.

“I’m not going to be out and proud ... So I’m sorry, I’m not going to be a public display of affection guy. I’ve never been that guy.”

8483f0d368387ba09463bd14be2a0bf4

Sophie Monk and Stu Laundy are still together, apparently. Picture: Justin LloydSource:News Corp Australia

is that actually a classic woman thing? say one thing but do another? do men do that too? i mean there must be men that do that too. that kind of behavior i don't think is gendered or anything like that.

Meshel Laurie “I’ve never seen an episode of the show [The Bachelorette] so I have no opinion on Stu or his relationship,”

So her comments on The Project were less informed even than our comments on here. At least we watched the show. (Well, some of us).
Hopefully this will be a bit of a lesson to Meshell and Kate and Em about whether personal comments based on hearsay are funny or hurtful.

Meshel Laurie “I’ve never seen an episode of the show [The Bachelorette] so I have no opinion on Stu or his relationship,”

So her comments on The Project were less informed even than our comments on here. At least we watched the show. (Well, some of us).
Hopefully this will be a bit of a lesson to Meshell and Kate and Em about whether personal comments based on hearsay are funny or hurtful.

Would the producers have told her to ask those questions to create some drama on the show?

They probably have meetings where they discuss the hot topics, same as on Have You Been Paying Attention or Gogglebox, where they haven't all seen the full shows.

all the daily fail articles laid out in front of them. and a producer chomping on a cigar stalking and stomping around the meeting like some kind of crazed hyena.

...that speaks volumes doesn't it really?... and... lets hope so but sadly they will never change... but we do still have hope I guess?... cheers.

Is it really that easy to read chemistry of others? We all thought sophie and James had chemistry and yet Sophie herself says there wasn't. I see something between Sophie and Stu I didn't see with any of the others, I am not sure what I would call it but its an ability to laugh and be intimate at the same time that often doesn't happen with new relationships, and to me said there was something special there. Whether it works out long term only time will tell.

Is it really that easy to read chemistry of others? We all thought sophie and James had chemistry and yet Sophie herself says there wasn't. I see something between Sophie and Stu I didn't see with any of the others, I am not sure what I would call it but its an ability to laugh and be intimate at the same time that often doesn't happen with new relationships, and to me said there was something special there. Whether it works out long term only time will tell.

Sometimes it can be easy to read chemistry. Depends on what the editors want to show you. I thought Sophie had more chemistry with Jarrod than Stu during the family dinner dates. But maybe that is my bias talking because that intense relationship is appealing to me. I have to be all in or I'm not interested.

And i'm not sure how to define chemistry either. I think when two people have it there is kind of an easy and intimate flow between them. It's like they've known each other their whole lives when they only met five minutes ago. But then again some people are so damn charming they can have chemistry with a statue.

Could it be the dollar signs that contributes to the chemistry? Not too sure.

well it wasn't surprising she ended up going for the guy with the money.

...yes but Jarrod must be in the money too because he told Sophie that when they get married he was going to open up their own orchard and run it themselves so Jarrod must have been well cashed up too I imagine?...

...I see something there too Isee that was quite lacking during the show itself to be honest... now they seem so much more relaxed with each other and more 'natural' in their behaviours... I hope that they stay together for a long time but let's face it... it's 'showbiz' so what happens just happens doesn't it?... lol!... cheers.

How many of us would have said oh yes there was chemistry with Lisa and Jake from bb2014. Yet they lasted together over a year outside bb.

Back